Author Topic: Good petition to sign from WSS  (Read 7437 times)

Mana

Good petition to sign from WSS
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:56:01 AM »
Petition to the Dalai Lama
To the Dalai Lama of Tibet,
We the undersigned ask you to accomplish the following four things:

1. To give freedom to practise Dorje Shugden to whoever wishes to rely upon this Deity.
2. To stop completely the discrimination between Shugden people and non-Shugden practitioners.
3. To allow all Shugden monks and nuns who have been expelled from their monasteries and nunneries to return to their monasteries and nunneries where they should receive the same material and spiritual rights as the non-Shugden practitioners
4. To tell the Tibetan community throughout the world in writing that they should practically apply the above three points.

It seems like a good petition to sign. If you are interested as I am, please go to this link:

http://petition.westernshugdensociety.org/index.php

Mana
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:11:38 AM by Mana »

thaimonk

Re: Good petition to sign from WSS
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 01:45:30 PM »
This is simple and straightforward, I should sign up.

Anyone would see this as not unreasonable demands.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 04:35:42 PM »
Interesting to see WSS/NKT is changing its stance to engage the Dalai Lama/CTA in the issue of Dorje Shugden. 

I have signed the peititon.

Zach

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 07:40:51 PM »
Interesting to see WSS/NKT is changing its stance to engage the Dalai Lama/CTA in the issue of Dorje Shugden. 

I have signed the peititon.

They happen to be seperate organisations. I remember seeing Geshe Sopa from The Trijang institute at one demonstration wonderful fellow, Ad Hoc means just that many people with one cause.

Barzin

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 08:27:04 PM »
More and more people are speaking up about lifting the ban these days.  I see more and more people actually sincerely expressed their views, and less and less people have evidence supporting the ban about an evil spirit.  Most of them will just quote HHDL, but base on no concrete evidence.  Just relying this website, it has more than enough facts to support Shugden from testimonials to the grow of the different languages brochures to the videos and articles.   Is it a sign that the ban is about to be lifted?  :)

whitelion

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:58:05 PM »
I just signed this up, actually everybody should sign this up. The 4 points that listed isn't asking too much but we requested to have a peaceful and better ground for both shugdenpa or non-shugdenpa. I never seen or heard any body create a lot of problem with ones practice, eg: i never see or heard any non-Tara practitioner against any Tara practitioner because we all know no matter one  believe in Tara or not, creating problems for others to suffer is totally against Buddha's will and teaching.

I really wish the ban will be lifted ASAP, because it's very hurt to see old friends, family, student and teacher are hating or separating each other just because they are not sharing the same practice, this is illogical. We should respect one's choice no matter what religion or lineage you from, if we can't accept others, how can we call ourselves a Buddhist. So please sign this up and support.

WoselTenzin

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 01:06:08 PM »
It's great that WSS is initiating and organising this petition for the whole world to express their support for the freedom of DS practice.  I have just signed the petition.  If you are a Dorje Shugden supporter, you must sign this petition.  It is very simple.  Just follow the instructions given and you'll be done in 2 minutes.  That's the least we can do after all the hard work have been done by WSS.

It is my wish to see the ban on DS practice be lifted as soon as possible so that all DS practitioners around the world do not have to suffer discrimination and ostracization just because they are loyal to their Guru and protector.  I can't wait for the day the ban is lifted and all DS practitioners can practice their faith in DS with complete freedom.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 06:52:59 PM »
i've just signed it! It's quite cool that you need to submit your email address so it stops people from spamming. Although of course it's not that difficult to create another email account to vote twice - if you're really that passionate/bored.

This petition is a good non-violent method to express the very reasonable request which people can participate in from all round the world. All power to the petition!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

beggar

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 04:23:00 AM »
This is wonderful to see and I will definitely be signing.

It brings up a good question also as to how we can begin to place petitions on other platforms, since this is a very basic human right. It would bring this to attention of people who are non-Buddhist too and to people all over the world. For example, we could  bring this to the attention of websites like change.org - i will look into this.

Reena Searl

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 08:37:54 AM »
JUST SIGNED UP! ITS easy and simple, everyone in this forum should sign up

jeff Ryan

• Email
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 05:46:36 PM »
I just signed up. I haven't visited the forum in a long time. It's so nice to see all the wonderful work happening! Thank you!

Mana

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 07:07:24 AM »
I just signed up. I haven't visited the forum in a long time. It's so nice to see all the wonderful work happening! Thank you!

Welcome back Jeff and yes we will keep at it and do more. It is part of our dharma practice. Mana