Author Topic: Statues and images of Pabongka Rinpoche  (Read 5327 times)

Namdrol

• Email
Statues and images of Pabongka Rinpoche
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:10:55 AM »
First photo is Pabongka Rinpoche statue in Sera Mey Monastery

Second photo is Pabongka Rinpoche statue in Tashi Choling Monastery

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
Re: Statues and images of Pabongka Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 08:31:44 PM »
Thank u Namdrol for the beautiful pictures!

I tot I'd share this hand made clay statue of Je Pabongkhapa found in Lhasa as well

H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:36:59 PM »
Wow how live like thanks for sharing the pictures of our lineage gurus.

Pabongka Rinpoche is now spreading dharma all over parts of China we wish him the greatest of success in lifting the ban of Dorje Shugden.

Lineageholder

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 10:58:04 PM »
Here's another statue, I can't remember where from - anyone know?

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 06:49:41 AM »
Here is a traditional line drawing of Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche. I love these line drawings of great Lamas. To me, these drawings always convey a sense of austerity, power and elegance in the way they portray  the lineage Lamas. Someone posted a translation of the Yellow book and here is the unusual account of Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche have been 'earmarked' by the Protector to perserve the Gelug teachings. I believe that wrathful methods employed was merely a manifestation of two enlightened Beings.

----

Our very kind and exalted master Phaphongkha Dechen Nyingpo, the holder of the vajra, too, received transmission on the secret Hayagriva and the Great Exposition on Pure Vision by the Dalai Lama from Dagri
Rinpoche Thinley Pema Kunsang Chogyal, great mahasidhi Ose Thekchog Dorjee,Gungtul Rinpoche Khenrap Palden Tanpai Nyima, Menyak Rekhu Rinpoche Lobsang Chodak Gyatso and others during his early life.
Moreover he received initiation on Dupthap Dojoi Bhum-sang from Gungtul Rinpoche. Later Je Phaphongkha received many transmissions and teaching from Nyingma tradition. In those days he used to have
strange dreams. Sometimes he saw in his dreams bearded monks and at other times grandly robed monks showing unhappy moods. One night he slept on the bed which was on the east of the room, but when he woke up he found himself on the bed which was on the west side of the room. One night when he was not able to sleep he heard some strange and ominous voices of a woman and another person shouting alternately around midnight. The noise seemed to be coming from a distant place coming closer to his home, finally he saw a red hand sticking through the curtain. He thought it was due to the miraculous power of Dorjee Shugden. He
confessed and asked to be forgiven and the noise returned the way it came.

In the water-mouse year, when the Chinese troops had already entered Tibet, the Tibetan Government decided to do some religious service for the peace and safety of the nation. With the instruction from His Holiness the Dalai Lama, JePhaphongkha gave the transmission Kagyur in the Gaden Hall. Soon after that teaching, he was so seriously ill that he almost passed away. The sickness was due to certain poison. When he recovered, his whole body had become bluish. Dorjee Shugden also used other means to
persuade Je Phaphongkha to practice and propagate pure Gelug tradition free of defilements. Finally he stopped taking and practicing Nyingma teachings and did not propagate what he had learned. He kept his promise and maintained pure Gelug tradition. Therefore, during the later part of his life, his Dharma deeds spread even to places outside Tibet like China and Mongolia.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 01:46:16 AM »
Dear Big Uncle

Thanks for that info.

Dorjee Shugden also used other means to persuade Je Phaphongkha to practice and propagate pure Gelug tradition free of defilements. Finally he stopped taking and practicing Nyingma teachings and did not propagate what he had learned. He kept his promise and maintained pure Gelug tradition.

Unfortunately this is what creates negative views about Pabongkha Rinpoche and Dorje Shugden. The allegations that Dorje Shugden and Pabongkha Rinpoche are sectarian stem from reports like this. I personally don't see it as sectarian but simply focusing on what our own school teaches rather than mixing it with other schools. If anybody wants to mix schools, they can start their own school. After all, Lama Tsongkhapa initially distilled the best from the other schools of Buddhism to establish the Gelugpa tradition. So the Gelugpa tradition already includes other schools, and Pabongkha simply wanted to continue what Tsongkhapa had set, so how can it be sectarian?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being