Author Topic: Achok Rinpoche meets Serkong Tritul in Taiwan  (Read 4977 times)

DharmaDefender

Achok Rinpoche meets Serkong Tritul in Taiwan
« on: January 10, 2015, 02:40:56 PM »
Wanted to share with everyone some photos that I stumbled across on Facebook. Achok Rinpoche who heads the Gadenpa Buddhist Centre in Long Island was recently in Taiwan. Whilst he was there, he met up with Serkong Tritul Rinpoche and Serkong Trituls student Jangsem Rinpoche. A prominent Shugden lama from the West who is a student of Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche, abbot of Serpom, is meeting with prominent Shugden lamas from the East. Cause to rejoice, if there was ever any! ;) ;D

Achok Rinpoche is in the centre with Serkong Tritul being second from the right

Achok Rinpoche with Serkong Tritul

Achok Rinpoche, Serkong Tritul and Serkong Trituls student Jangsem Rinpoche

kris

Re: Achok Rinpoche meets Serkong Tritul in Taiwan
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 05:23:12 PM »
I don't know why, but seeing photos of lamas from different background really make me happy. Some politically correct people may want to say, why some Dorje Shugden lamas want to hang out with non Dorje Shugden lamas. To me, when high lamas meet, their combined energy will bless the people and they definitely meet for a better reason, and may be starting some project. :)

paolorossi

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 10:13:13 PM »
Great Lama Achok Rinpoche with the Great Tritrul Rinpoche great example of Shugden Lama.

lotus1

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 04:21:15 PM »
Thank you for sharing the photos. It is heartwarming to see that lamas of Dorje Shugden are meeting up.

Short Biography of Achok Rinpoche:
Born in eastern India in 1976, Ven. Achok Rinpoche was recognized as the 4th reincarnation of Achok Rinpoche of Lithang in Tibet. Until 10, he focused on the memorization of basic ritual texts. From the age of 11, he began his formal education in Buddhist philosophical studies including Madhyamic, Abhidharma, Paramana and Vinaya all based on the works of Lama Tsongkapa and his disciples, under the personal guidance of his Spiritual Guide, Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche. In 1998, at the age of 22, Achok Rinpoche sat for the examinations of the Gelugpa Cultural Society and obtained the Geshe Lharampa degree with the highest honor, making him the youngest monk to obtain such a high honor outside of Tibet. An erudite young lama of the Gelugpa tradition, Achok Rinpoche currently lives in the USA and gives regular teachings at the Gadenpa Buddhist Center in New York.

Short Biography of Serkong Tritul Rinpoche:
H.E. Serkong Tritul Rinpoche is from Ganden Jangtse Monastery. In 1989, Rinpoche began to travel between Tibet and other countries on a teaching tour. By 1992, he was flying between Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia and China to give teachings. In 1999, Rinpoche visited New Zealand. From there, the New Zealand Kadampa Buddhist Society came into being, which strives to bring Atisha’s pure lineage to this new land. (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/places/tritul-rinpoches-temple-in-new-zealand/) In 2009, Rinpoche built the first Dorje Shugden Temple in Hualian, Taiwan (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/places/first-dorje-shugden-temple-in-taiwan-hualian/). Rinpoche and his student Jamseng Rinpoche have brought Dharma to many people in Asia.

It is showing the unity of the Shugden lamas and I pray that there will be a time soon that thousands of Shugden lamas and practitioners meet up and do prayer together in a huge rally!

lightning

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 06:49:43 AM »
Dear Dharma friends, I would like to rectify the wrong interpretation of first dorje shugden temple in hualian or Taiwan. There is no consecrated Dorje Shugden statue within the monastery. Feel free to drop in the monastery to visit by yourself. But anyway thank you for sharing the bonding between the high lineage masters and rinpoches. Thank you!  :)

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 07:51:10 AM »
Why shouldn't DS monks and non-DS monks be friends? Everyone is treated equally. There is no wrong or right in the same idea of praying to the Dalai Lama or to the DS protector.