Author Topic: The Dalai Lama is not the Pope  (Read 10322 times)

samayakeeper

• Email
Re: The Dalai Lama is not the Pope
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 04:28:15 AM »
I am not Tibetan and I do not have to listen to HHDL on his advice to stop practicing Dorje Shugden. Even if I am Tibetan I still would not heed the advice  because HHDL is not my root guru. If others are allowed publicly to worship Nechung, why is the worship of Dorje Shugden be banned if going by what HHDL claimed that Dorje Shugden is a spirit?

I have not read or heard HHDL claiming himself to be the Pope of Tibetan Buddhism but always maintaining that he is just a simple monk. That I admire and respect very much. Thus I think the title may be sort of got stuck because of the work he is doing to champion the rights of his people for autonomy of Tibet and his cordial relationship with the rest of the other sects.

Big Uncle

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 06:42:09 AM »
Let's face it guys. We know technically, the Dalai Lama is not the spiritual head of Tibetan Buddhism and he has just retired from his position as the temporal leader of the Tibetans. However, this knowledge does not reflect reality because Central Tibetan Administration still take him to be the head and often use whatever the Dalai Lama has decreed to impose their own agenda. This is how dirty politics is and one of the main reasons why Tibet fell to the Chinese in first place and why they will never ever regain Tibet again.

However, all can change and it just takes unity, logic and courage to make it right what has been wrong. If the CTA is willing to make a stand for Dorje Shugden practice, it would be a ray of light shining through. Then, it needs to show the world (China) that they are capable of running the country. Tibet is huge and its not like the tiny settlements in India. It needs an efficient government that is able to manage itself.

Besides that, then the Dalai Lama would really be relieved of his duties and he might even go along with it. The sad thing is that everyone in the CTA is just playing it safe and even with the new PM, it is doing nothing new for the Tibetans. They are getting more and more disillusioned as we speak.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 08:51:39 AM »
The Dalai Lama is technically the temporal and secular leader of the Tibetans, which means that he is the one that is uniting the Tibetans together. Tibet is made of various provinces together and it is the Dalai Lama's job to glue them together. In that sense, everyone listens to the Dalai Lama including the heads of other lineages, but he does not have any authority to command what happens in their individual lineages, but yet many people of this day and age think he does....