Author Topic: Nice image of the Fifth Dalai Lama  (Read 4674 times)

DharmaDefender

Nice image of the Fifth Dalai Lama
« on: January 29, 2012, 04:34:43 PM »
He was a practitioner of Dorje Shugden having written a praise to him, and also built a statue of him using his own hands. The statues being kept in Pegyeling Monastery right until this day.

Anyway I was reading up on some evidence that Tibetans used to claim independence, and came across this pic of His Holiness Ngawang Lobsang Gyatso meeting with the Emperor Shun Xi (is that how you spell it?). Apparently the Emperor met him as a foreign dignitary but thats besides the point on this forum.

I just wanted to share the pic with everyone because it got me thinking... perhaps they didnt just talk about politics, but about Dorje Shugden too? Because surely the Emperor mustve caught wind of what was happening in Tibet at the time...!

shugdenpromoter

• Email
Re: Nice image of the Fifth Dalai Lama
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 02:57:45 PM »
I found another nice image of the 5th Dalai Lama. This statue is in a monastery in Shangrila, China. It is a MAJOR tourist attraction and they practice Shugden protector. Isn't that wonderful. MAJOR TOURIST SITE = MORE SHUGDEN PRACTITIONERS from all around the WORLD. Eat your HEART OUT CTA.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 03:48:52 PM »
Thanks for the information and pictures of the Great Fifth Dalai Lama. Just to add some background to the Emperor Shunzhi, here is what I found on wikipedia. What i found of particular interest was that Emperor Shunzhi apparently became a monk. Was that due to any influence from the Great Fifth? Also, after Emperor Shunzhi passed on, his son who succeeded him became Emperor Kang Xi who is also said to be an incarnation of Dorje Shugden.

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunzhi_Emperor)

The Shunzhi Emperor (Chinese: pinyin: Shùnzhìdì; Manchu: ijish?n dasan h?wangdi; Mongolian: Eyebeer Zasagch Khaan; 15 March 1638 – 5 February 1661) was the third emperor of the Manchu-led Qing dynasty, and the first Qing emperor to rule over China, which he did from 1644 to 1661. "Shunzhi" was the name of his reign period. His personal name was Fulin (of the Aisin Gioro clan) and his temple name (chosen after he died) was Shizu.

A committee of Manchu princes chose the young Fulin to succeed his father Hung Taiji in September 1643 when he was only five. Two co-regents were also appointed: Nurhaci's fourteenth son Dorgon, and Nurhaci's nephew Jirgalang. From 1643 until Dorgon's death on the last day of 1650, political power lay mostly in the hands of Dorgon. After the young emperor started to rule personally in 1651, he tried, with mixed success, to fight corruption and to reduce the political influence of the Manchu nobility. He died of smallpox, a lethal disease that was endemic in China, but against which the Manchus had no immunity. He was succeeded by his third son Xuanye, who had already survived smallpox, and who subsequently reigned for sixty years as the Kangxi emperor.

Under the leadership of Dorgon and the Shunzhi emperor, the Qing dynasty conquered most of the territory of the fallen Ming and its last claimants and established the basis of Qing rule over China despite highly unpopular policies like the "haircutting command" of 1645, which forced Qing subjects to shave their forehead and braid their remaining hair into a queue. Because the Shunzhi reign is not well documented, it constitutes a relatively little-known period of Qing history.

In 1661, Shunzhi's favourite concubine Donggo suddenly died as a result of grief over the loss of a child. Overwhelmed with grief himself, Shunzhi contracted smallpox and died shortly thereafter. It was also believed by some that the young emperor did not pass away but left the palace to become a monk. Information is not clear, but it is said that Shunzhi later became a monk. Although not officially stated in history, it is said he later died of smallpox.

Before he died, he appointed four regents to govern for his child son, Xuanye - Oboi, Sonin, Suksaha, and Ebilun.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Carpenter

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 07:46:38 PM »
Well, from what I’ve heard and read, although Dalai Lama has enforced the ban on Dorje Shugden, many tragedy had happen, despite of that, Dorje Shugden Practitioner did not developed any hatred to Dalai Lama, in fact, they still keep his image / statue in the monastery, they still respect him even there are a lot of questions and doubts, how great these monks are, how forgiving they are, even when being treated like that.

So, if Dorje Shugden is a devil / spirit, will these monks still be as great as who they are now? It is so warm to see these monks who are so compassion and caring, how nice if everyone can really have the freedom to practice what they believe in and still get same respect from other sects or lineages. If I am a true Buddhist practitioner, I would not wish to lay suffering to these great monks.

Poonlarp

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 02:38:28 PM »
I found another nice image of the 5th Dalai Lama. This statue is in a monastery in Shangrila, China. It is a MAJOR tourist attraction and they practice Shugden protector. Isn't that wonderful. MAJOR TOURIST SITE = MORE SHUGDEN PRACTITIONERS from all around the WORLD. Eat your HEART OUT CTA.

What a surprise to see the 5th Dalai Lama Statue in China, I thought the government has banned DL completely. If it's still allowed to worship to the 5th DL, i think he must have benefited a lot to China.

I also heard about the story that Dorje Shugden was so helpful even the Chinese government consult Dorje Shugden for big decisions, they went all the way to Lhasa.

Since reincarnations is the rebirth of the same mind stream, how come the 5th DL respect Dorje Shudgen so much but the current reincarnation ban the practice? I believe this is the question in a lots of lamas' hearts, who are in the dilemma by the ban. 

May the ban be lifted very soon to cut down the controversy in Buddhism, let Buddhist be Buddhist.

triesa

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:56:18 AM »
Some background on the great fifth :

it is worth to note that His Holiness Ngawang Lobsang Gyatso, the 5th Dalai Lama, was the first Dalai Lama to become spiritual and political leader of Tibet. The story of his life is pivotal to Tibet's history. It is also a story of political intrigue that began before he was born and continued for many years after he died. He is remembered by Tibetans as the "Great Fifth."

In 1617 a boy was born into a family of wealthy aristocrats and named Künga Nyingpo. This remarkable boy caught the attention of Karma Kagyu and other schools, but secretly an attendant of the 4th Dalai Lama had identified Künga Nyingpo as his master's rebirth.

This little boy was ordained by the 3rd Panchen Lama at Drepung Monastery at the tender age of 10 and given the name Ngawang Lobsang Gyatso.