Author Topic: Podcast for Dorje Shugden, what do you think?  (Read 6045 times)

kris

Podcast for Dorje Shugden, what do you think?
« on: April 19, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »
While listening to HH Zong Rinpoche's Dharma teaching on the lineage of Dorje Shugden, I was wondering if there is any Shugden related podcast.

I did a search in iTunes, and so far I only found a podcast by Western Shugden Society. The audios are not maintained (the last audio is September 2009).

I would think HH Zong Rinpoche's Dharma teaching on Dorje Shugden is a good candidate for this podcast, what do you think? Do you think we should have a podcast? Do you do podcast? Would you subscribe to this podcast?

Aurore

Re: Podcast for Dorje Shugden, what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 03:52:52 PM »
Yes Kris, I think a podcast is a good idea.

The audio and internet is a bonus for people who is always on the go. It's very appropriate for our generation. I would download it to my iphone and listen to it when i am driving and moving around. I am usually by my computer daily. But not everyone do. Files are stored locally on the user's computer or other device it is ready for offline use, giving simple and convenient access to contents of interest. Less to search around when all is in one place. 

I say go for it and harness the technology and internet.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 06:35:10 PM »
Id say go for it. I dont podcast much cept for Frankie Boyle and Ricky Gervais perhaps (old!) but I think I might subscribe to this. Itd be a good place to keep an archive of the teachings, reach out to a wider audience and trust me, itll be a while before the hawks in the CTA get wind of this one... bet the majority of them dont know what the power button on a CPU looks like, much less recognise know how to get online.

And speaking of which, once they get wind of it, itll worry them because the Dorje Shugden lot are actually trying to spread his teachings, while their stuck in their old ways of suppressing people for no logical reason.

Actually thats given me an idea for a new thread...

Klein

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 04:39:14 PM »
Great idea for having a podcast for Dorje Shugden. It's convenient for many people who are on the go all the time. The point is to have info regarding Dorje Shugden easily available in all mediums of communication so that the ban on Dorje Shudgen becomes less effective and eventually fade away.

The more people know about he truth about Dorje Shugden, the faster the ban will be lifted.

thor

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 05:13:21 PM »
Webmaster, I hope you are reading this. Please consider doing a podcast to educate more people about Dorje Shugden. Create more merits for this ban to lift and for equality and common sense to prevail once more.

What contents could be put on a podcast? Not sure, perhaps a series of teachings by Shugden lamas, educational material about Shugden such as the illustrated video, perhaps even the articles introducing Shugden to the world for example on dorjeshugden.net could be recorded as a audio podcast.

It will take some planning but it is possible to gather enough material for a regular podcast series... I vote YES

Tenzin K

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »
Wow…..brilliant idea!

This would rather make the teaching of HH Zong Rinpoche much easier to search and more convenient to the devotee to listen. Now day’s technology make things much easier and we should make good use of any technology that able to improve our spiritual growth.

Making the teaching so handy is a good thing and more people can connect to the teaching.

brian

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 11:28:07 PM »
Podcast of Dorje Shugden's teachings will certainly a brilliant idea! Any ideas of promoting Dorje Shugden in a right way should be encouraged all over. Such podcasts should be made available to the modern world of world wide web to make it even more convenient to the people around the world to access the practice of Lord Dorje Shugden! Like for example, this and many other forum sites should be heavily promoted to the world to create the strong voice to make it impactful enough to the people in CTA. May the ban be lifted very soon and the practice of Dorje Shugden flourish to all corners of the world!

Tammy

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 03:17:19 AM »
Great idea! As more and more people are switching to Apple products, this is becoming one of the many avenue to spread the teaching of our great protector - may it benefit millions of Apple fans!

The reason why the current podcast is not well maintained maybe because iTunes' user base was relatively small up to 2009. The smartphones and ipads became household names started less than 3 years ago..

Once the podcast teachings is up in iTunes, kindly share the link in this forum - I am sure I will be amongst the first to benefit from it.

Looking fwd to it !!
Down with the BAN!!!

icy

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 12:56:26 PM »
Great idea to download DS educational podcasts to increase scale and impact.  Can add Podcast Widget to any Websites and enjoy new content weekly without lifting your finger.  How wonderful and meaningful to share conversations and help make the world a better place with DS educational materials in podcasts. It is important to use this resource and expertise to encourage horizontal learning thus making DS education more accessible in region lacking of it.  This is considered future potential in leveraging internet volunteerism to bring spiritualism to many on the go.

Manjushri

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 09:55:12 AM »
I think podcasts for anything teachings is way cool..imagine having Music Delighting The Ocean of Protectors by Trijang Rinpoche or the story of how Dorje Shugden came about on podcast. People these days are travelling more than infront of their computers to spend reading the book..so imagine having these teachings on the go. They can listen to it anytime anyday.

I guess in this day and age, all avenues to spread any form of Dharma teachings should be used and considered as it appears to different crowds ... and by doing this, you expand to more people!

I know people who listen to audio books.. I've got a friend who listens to audio books whilst he is driving, whilst he is cooking, whilst he's chilling at work. I asked him why, isn't it boring to listen to someone read you a book? He said no, because he can do other things as well as listen, instead of just picking up a book and reading, limiting himself (but of course he still does like to read once in a while at the park). It's just awesome that there's this avenue that he can flip between. So yes! podcasts f'sure! 

Galen

• Email
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 04:17:51 PM »
This s a great idea. Anything new that can promote DS is a good idea. Technology has advanced so much this decade, why not use technology to spread Dorje Shugden? And I think podcast is a great way to spread the teachings. People are always on the go nowadays, and with podcast, they can listen to it while they are in the subway using their smart phones or their tabs. It is a great way to spend time in the train since i travel an hour to and fro from work.

Go for it. Let us know when will it be available.