Author Topic: Dorje Shugden in Thailand  (Read 7647 times)

DharmaSpace

Dorje Shugden in Thailand
« on: October 28, 2011, 02:23:24 PM »
Friends,
Many of you know of Dorje Shugden is spreading around in Thailand and right now Bangkok is experiencing one of the worst floods ever, do spare a thought or prayer for the people of Thailand so they are safe and that Dorje Shugden keeps on spreading bigger and bigger in that nation.

Thailand's capital is suffering a dent in its reputation and the many factories there have been hit so the thais will face some difficulties economically as a by product of the flood. There are many poor folks in Bangkok itself may they have our protector to bless them. 

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204505304576655153105584970.html

Barzin

Re: Dorje Shugden in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 06:13:15 PM »
Thailand is a wonderful country, with all different kinds of Buddhism.  You'll see young kids making offerings to monks early in the morning, the King speaks nothing other than dharma, the Thais fold their hands when show respect, they respected monks and nuns a lot, so much gratitude to the King and family, humble human kinds, not to mention the number of beuatiful temples all over the country.  With Dorje Shugden in Thailand, combine forces, please bless the Thais to get through this.  Just in time my dear protector, please bless them in getting through the flood.

thor

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 07:10:45 PM »
In Denma Gonsar Rinpoche's monastery in Tibet, massive earthquakes rocked the area but the monastery was undamaged. Dorje Shugden can do the same for the Thais and the floods. If the Thais continue to pray to Dorje Shugden, this will come to pass, I'm sure.

pgdharma

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 10:15:11 AM »
Even though they are  experiencing the worst floods, Dorje Shugden will be there to help and protect them from their calamities!!! Now is the perfect time for Dorje Shugden to be spreading all around Thailand!!!

thaimonk

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 12:05:14 AM »
In Thailand the acceptance of Dorje Shugden is very easy. Generally Thais respect all religions.

I have downloaded and passed many Thai brochures of Shugden and Shugden photos and 7 out of 10 Thais readily accept and fold their hands upon recieving.

Not many Thais go on intellectual bantering of Shugden nor ask many questions from a scriptural point of view, but they just want to be reassured Shugden is effective and truly a Buddhist Deity. Once reassured of those two points, they are very happy and respectful.

I personally enjoy giving out brochures of Shugden and pictures. I have a good relationship with printers who will do the printing for me at a discounted price knowing it's distributed among their countrymen for free. I have printed out large posters to pass to people and they really appreciate it.

Thailand has many beautiful features, but I truly love the strong Buddhist culture here.

Dorje Shugden fits well and right in here in Thailand.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 06:52:50 PM »
A friend of mine who is a Shugden practitioner just came back from Thailand and told me that there is no politics there at all, or at least he never experienced it. Over here in the West, most Buddhists I have met have an opinion on the Shugden issue but over there, he said it was very refreshing that the Thais were so respectful, which concurs with what Thaimonk says. I would love to visit Thailand one day. I am sure Dorje Shugden will help the Thais with the awful flood situation, which is not getting any better according to the latest news I read online.

Thaimonk - i presume you're in Thailand - please be safe though I trust Dorje Shugden will keep you safe also. I have been dedicating my prayers to all those suffering in Thailand - may their collective karma be purified and they recover soon!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DharmaSpace

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 06:28:52 AM »
My teachers told me that countries where Buddhism has taken root and is strong, the people's reverence and care towards the Sangha is very different from countries whereby Dharma is not strong. I know Thailand can come back from its crisis and emerge stronger with Dorje Shugden. The Thais are one of the most accepting nationalities I have met before and unlike other oriental cultures when in the West who have a tendency to stick in cliques, I find the Thais are very accepting of who you are, regardless our race, sex or nationality.

I do pray for a strong Dorje Shugden practise and practitioners to thrive and overflow the Mekong Delta!

Big Uncle

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 06:49:15 AM »
Its amazing how Dorje Shugden is spreading so much in Thailand. I hope that Dorje Shugden will hook the Thais towards higher rebirths, attainments and happiness. If more of us talk and spread the benefits and good qualities of Dorje Shugden practice and bring many people towards Dorje Shugden practice, it will definitely contribute towards the release of the ban sooner.

Wouldn't it be nice if as many Dorje Shugden practitioners especially those on this forum work towards this goal. We can all start within our communities, friends and family. Even if the people we talk to do not accept Dorje Shugden, we have planted the seeds of Manjushri in their minds. Nothing is wasted if you understand the laws of karma.

dsiluvu

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 07:16:41 PM »
Much prayers to Thais!

Wonder if there is any Thai's or those that been living there could comment further on the current situation. Would be interesting to know. 

kurava

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 01:35:02 PM »
In countries where there is mass consciousness of Buddhism and people have practiced for long time, they are more receptive and open minded. It is not surprising that DS is so readily embraced by the Thais because they come from centuries of Buddhist background.

Perhaps the King knew the impending danger the Thais were about to face and out of great compassion he manifested in Thailand just at the right time.

icy

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 03:23:44 PM »
Bravo DS is in Thailand!  Long Live Dorje Shugden.  The people of Thailand certainly need you and they will easily accept you.

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »
Spreading Dorje Shugden in Thailand is very very good as there is a large Buddhist community there. Thais are usually very respectful of all Buddhas!

May Dorje Shugden continue to spread wide in Thailand!!

Galen

• Email
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 05:37:06 PM »
I rejoice that Dorje Shugden is in Thailand when the people needed his blessings the most. Somehow, Dorje Shugden just knows when to go to a place to help people in need. Thailand is Buddhist country and the Thais are very receptive and respectful of all Buddhas. I am very sure that Thailand will be blessed.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 12:03:11 PM »
It's good to know that Dorje Shugden's practise is being carried over to Thailand. I am very sure that Dorje Shugden is going to benefit a lot of people as He is an enlightened being, a Buddha. Thailand is a very nice country, may everyone be safe and may Dorje Shudgen's practise continue to spread.