Author Topic: Guide me!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5309 times)

Bodpa Lhakpa

Guide me!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 31, 2007, 03:11:12 PM »
Who could tell me if it's appropriate or not to take pity on great soul like H.H the Dalai Lama, who has been tried all he could to fight and speak for the majority of Tibetan people inside and outside of their own land? We believe, without any doubt, he is the eminasion of Chanreyzig and he is the sourece of mercy. Whenever I see HH, TEARS COME OUT OF MY EYES. i WOUNDER WHY? I can't live without him and I want to do something to lessen the pressure over him. When I think that way, will people think that I am going crazy?  Can we do more than what we have done already without a free Tibet?

beggar

Re: Guide me!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 05:20:51 AM »
Dear Bodpa Lhakpa,
since HH the Dalai Lama, as you say is Chenrezig in human form, how could he need your pity?
If, however, you would like to help him lighten his burden of being the main source of hope for so many Tibetans, then i think the best you could do would be to become one less person he has to worry about; one less person that places completely unrealistic hopes in him... Unrealistic not because His Holiness lacks ability, but because, as the Buddha said, he cannot 'wash away our sins with water' = we have created our own karmic situation, and only we ourselves can change it.
So if we really care, we have to practice the Dharma with selfless intention, and that would be called compassion, not pity. Pity may just be a feeling we produce to cover our lack of commitment, just like tears may be only a veil behind we hide.
Je Tsongkhapa's lamrim teachings can turn your pity into bodhicitta motivation, and Dharmapala Dorje Shugden can turn your tears into the energy and determination to make it real. In this way, you can do more than what's been done (as long as there is samsara there's always more to be done), and you'll never have to live without the Dalai Lama. If his heart is compassion and forgiveness and so is yours, you are forever entwined in divine unity.
In more prosaic terms: WE NEED TO TAKE THE DHARMA IN OUR OWN HANDS. WE NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENTS. WE NEED TO STOP LOOKING AT THE DALAI LAMA AND WAIT TIL HE 'MAKES THINGS RIGHT' - HE CANNOT MAKE THINGS RIGHT!!
And in practical terms: just because our personal teacher is less famous, glorious, charismatic (or Buddha forbid - even of the infamous presently non-kosher lineage succession of Kyabje Pabongkha Dechen Nyingpo), does that mean they cannot teach us exactly what we need to practice, all the way to Buddhahood? No it doesn't, and if we don't start seeing OUR gurus as Chenrezig and commit to their practice and support their work, how are we ever going to evolve from blind faith to spiritual emancipation, and how are we ever going to make authentic, practical Dharma take root in this world?
So there are definitely a lot of things we can do to lessen the Dalai Lama's burden i feel. Starting with evolving from idol-worship to honest practice. Hard work, in two words...
yours, beggar

fruven

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:17:18 AM »
Thank you for sharing with us on the many perspectives of this issue.

If I may add, our parents may show us, lead us, and guide us when we are a child. If we always do the opposites and by being rebellious and breaking rules and expecting them to cover our mess, and side with us even when we are in the wrong, when we grow up we no longer can bring these expectations with us and expect the same results. We cannot push our mistake or weakness to others because it is not others responsibility to take care of our own life. When we still continue to act using our own habits or attitudes we will be the one who suffers the most, and at the same time causing others to suffers too, bringing others down as well.

Dear Bodpa Lhakpa,
since HH the Dalai Lama, as you say is Chenrezig in human form, how could he need your pity?
If, however, you would like to help him lighten his burden of being the main source of hope for so many Tibetans, then i think the best you could do would be to become one less person he has to worry about; one less person that places completely unrealistic hopes in him... Unrealistic not because His Holiness lacks ability, but because, as the Buddha said, he cannot 'wash away our sins with water' = we have created our own karmic situation, and only we ourselves can change it.

So if we really care, we have to practice the Dharma with selfless intention, and that would be called compassion, not pity. Pity may just be a feeling we produce to cover our lack of commitment, just like tears may be only a veil behind we hide.

Je Tsongkhapa's lamrim teachings can turn your pity into bodhicitta motivation, and Dharmapala Dorje Shugden can turn your tears into the energy and determination to make it real. In this way, you can do more than what's been done (as long as there is samsara there's always more to be done), and you'll never have to live without the Dalai Lama. If his heart is compassion and forgiveness and so is yours, you are forever entwined in divine unity.

In more prosaic terms: WE NEED TO TAKE THE DHARMA IN OUR OWN HANDS. WE NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENTS. WE NEED TO STOP LOOKING AT THE DALAI LAMA AND WAIT TIL HE 'MAKES THINGS RIGHT' - HE CANNOT MAKE THINGS RIGHT!!

And in practical terms: just because our personal teacher is less famous, glorious, charismatic (or Buddha forbid - even of the infamous presently non-kosher lineage succession of Kyabje Pabongkha Dechen Nyingpo), does that mean they cannot teach us exactly what we need to practice, all the way to Buddhahood? No it doesn't, and if we don't start seeing OUR gurus as Chenrezig and commit to their practice and support their work, how are we ever going to evolve from blind faith to spiritual emancipation, and how are we ever going to make authentic, practical Dharma take root in this world?
So there are definitely a lot of things we can do to lessen the Dalai Lama's burden i feel. Starting with evolving from idol-worship to honest practice. Hard work, in two words...
yours, beggar

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 04:21:31 PM »
Who could tell me if it's appropriate or not to take pity on great soul like H.H the Dalai Lama, who has been tried all he could to fight and speak for the majority of Tibetan people inside and outside of their own land?
I respect His Holiness very much, but why are the Tibetans NOT doing that and throwing it and leaving it all to the Dalai Lama to do everything for them? Why are the Tibetans not doing  more to improve Dharmasala's condition and infrastructure? WHY ARE THE TIBETANS NOT MAKING INROADS WITH MAKING CONNECTIONS TO OTHER COUNTRIES? They just dump all their problems to the Dalai Lama...would you dump all your responsibilities to someone you love and admire? I dont see the logic.

We believe, without any doubt, he is the eminasion of Chanreyzig and he is the sourece of mercy.
He definitely is Chenrenzig, but does one cheat, lie and twist Chenrenzig's words? Does one use Chenrenzig as an excuse to do things that are obviously negative? How could you destroy people's homes and then say its for the Dalai Lama? How could you kick old monks out into the streets in the Dalai Lama's name?And you call him Chenrenzig? HOW DARE YOU?!

Whenever I see HH, TEARS COME OUT OF MY EYES. i WOUNDER WHY? I can't live without him and I want to do something to lessen the pressure over him. When I think that way, will people think that I am going crazy?  Can we do more than what we have done already without a free Tibet?
Thinking of His Holiness's kindness brings tears to my eyes too, but what has the Tibetans done to repay his kindness but make more problems and situations for him? To be honest, the Dharma has spread more ever since Tibet lost their country. What can Tibet offer the world for its independence that will make the world help them?

Its rare for a Tibetan to post here, but here are my thoughts on the whole free tibet thing and the Dalai Lama: If you want Tibet to be free 1) stop relying on the Dalai Lama and not do anything, do something and make the Dalai Lama proud and in the right way, and 2) lift the Dorje Shugden ban to create the causes for Tibet's independence to appear. It is time that the Tibetans stand up, but in the right way by showing progress.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 01:51:22 PM »
Who could tell me if it's appropriate or not to take pity on great soul like H.H the Dalai Lama, who has been tried all he could to fight and speak for the majority of Tibetan people inside and outside of their own land?
I respect His Holiness very much, but why are the Tibetans NOT doing that and throwing it and leaving it all to the Dalai Lama to do everything for them? Why are the Tibetans not doing  more to improve Dharmasala's condition and infrastructure? WHY ARE THE TIBETANS NOT MAKING INROADS WITH MAKING CONNECTIONS TO OTHER COUNTRIES? They just dump all their problems to the Dalai Lama...would you dump all your responsibilities to someone you love and admire? I dont see the logic.

We believe, without any doubt, he is the eminasion of Chanreyzig and he is the sourece of mercy.
He definitely is Chenrenzig, but does one cheat, lie and twist Chenrenzig's words? Does one use Chenrenzig as an excuse to do things that are obviously negative? How could you destroy people's homes and then say its for the Dalai Lama? How could you kick old monks out into the streets in the Dalai Lama's name?And you call him Chenrenzig? HOW DARE YOU?!

Whenever I see HH, TEARS COME OUT OF MY EYES. i WOUNDER WHY? I can't live without him and I want to do something to lessen the pressure over him. When I think that way, will people think that I am going crazy?  Can we do more than what we have done already without a free Tibet?
Thinking of His Holiness's kindness brings tears to my eyes too, but what has the Tibetans done to repay his kindness but make more problems and situations for him? To be honest, the Dharma has spread more ever since Tibet lost their country. What can Tibet offer the world for its independence that will make the world help them?

Its rare for a Tibetan to post here, but here are my thoughts on the whole free tibet thing and the Dalai Lama: If you want Tibet to be free 1) stop relying on the Dalai Lama and not do anything, do something and make the Dalai Lama proud and in the right way, and 2) lift the Dorje Shugden ban to create the causes for Tibet's independence to appear. It is time that the Tibetans stand up, but in the right way by showing progress.

Dear Bodpa Lhakpa,

I echo what Ensapa wrote here. Dharamsala really need a massive makeover to attract more pilgrims and heads of states to visit. Roads should be widened, public amenities improved on, old buildings repaired and some maybe replaced, etc.

The followers of HH should practice kindness and compassion and not resort to violence of any kind. Stomping on Dorje Shugden statues and inciting hatred towards Dorje Shugden practitioners is telling the whole world that violence is okay especially those acts performed by monks and nuns in Buddhist robes.

Even if Tibet was granted autonomy, there is not much HH can do now that he is biologically aging and has handed secular affairs over to the CTA.

CTA should work hard to unite Tibetans regardless of their spiritual practices instead of condemning and bullying their own people, people who have been practicing Dorje Shugden all their lives.

Stay united not divided.