Author Topic: Last day of Trudup Puja at Shar Gaden  (Read 4264 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Last day of Trudup Puja at Shar Gaden
« on: February 10, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »
I just saw these lovely pics of the last day of a Trudup Puja at Shar Gaden Monastery, Hubli. According to the date on the photos, these were shot on 9 February 2013. Does anyone know what is a Trudup Puja? I asked on their facebook but they may be busy with Losar preparations so I haven't heard back yet. If anyone knows or finds out what the puja is for and its significance, please share with us.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

paolorossi

• Email
Re: Last day of Trudup Puja at Shar Gaden
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 08:52:03 PM »
HAPPY LOSAR!DORJE SHUGDEN IS THE WINNER.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 09:51:40 AM »
OK i have just received news that this is a "trodrup puja". The meaning of "Trodrup" comes from "Tro" for "torma" and "drup" for "drupa", which means "of accomplishment". So this puja means something like "torma puja as a means of accomplishment". So this puja was done at Shar Gaden to clear all obstacles for the coming year. Thanks to Shar Gaden for the explanation!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

kris

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 02:39:27 PM »
Thank you for posting such nice photos!!

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 03:25:55 PM »
thank you WB for sharing these photos, the preparation for this puja must have taken the monks many days and nights to prepare! It looks somewhat like a very huge spiritual fanfare celebrating the accomplishment of the monastery. Something which we all should be proud of.

I am very happy and humbled to know that the lineage of Dorje Shugden still stands and is growing well today in the monasteries and all over the world. We all play a part in making it grow and lifting the ban. Let us all join forces to realize this dream. Then it would be a global Trodup puja offered to Dorje Shugden and all the lineage Lamas!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

lotus1

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »
Thanks Wisdombeing for sharing trodrup puja to us. It’s great to know more about Trodrup puja that would help to clear obstacles. Is that Kensur Tamding Gyatso Rinpoche who is leading the puja?

With this puja, hope it blessed Shar Gaden to spread Dharma & Dorje Shugden practice far and wide. May the ban be lifted soonest and more people can learn Dorje Shugden practice openly and get the blessings and benefits from DS.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 05:29:13 AM »
OK i have just received news that this is a "trodrup puja". The meaning of "Trodrup" comes from "Tro" for "torma" and "drup" for "drupa", which means "of accomplishment". So this puja means something like "torma puja as a means of accomplishment". So this puja was done at Shar Gaden to clear all obstacles for the coming year. Thanks to Shar Gaden for the explanation!

Ah so it all make sense now. no wonder the 2nd picture looks like a giant torma. I am guessing that this puja actually helps to dispel negative energies and obstacles. What I really love is how intricate the torma is, including the skull above the tormal that represents impermanence and as a reminder to us that death is always around the corner and so we have to make use of whatever time we have alive so that we dont waste this precious human opportunity. It is so wonderful that even by looking at these pictures, we gain awareness of our lives and also learn the Dharma to the symbology and even by the mere ornaments of the torma.