Author Topic: Trijang Rinpoche's daily routine as a student  (Read 19917 times)

bonfire

Re: Trijang Rinpoche's daily routine as a student
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 01:43:12 PM »
I found this old post rather inspiring, worthy, I believe, of re-activating it.
Here is also a short biography of Trijang Rinpoche:
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/great-masters/tributes/a-tribute-to-his-holiness-kyabje-trijang-rinpoche/

Positive Change

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 03:11:27 PM »
I am totally in awe at the “routine” of this young man...

If I reflect on what I did in my younger years, if I recall what my mind was preoccupied with, I mean, I will just blush with embarrassment...

Trijang Rinpoche had so much focus and a natural discipline that is so effortless and spontaneous, we could not even call it discipline but maybe “habit”?

And at the end of the day, up to 50 pages of text! I mean, it takes me an hour to read and absorb (a little) one page of the lamrim...

Reading about such Great Masters is totally awesome and inspiring!

psylotripitaka

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 04:01:52 AM »
When we read the spiritual life stories, I believe it is important to remember that the essence of Dharma is training the mind. This can and should be done in every type of situation without discriminating what is and is not suitable or spiritual. Every practitioner has their own particular circumstances along the journey with their own lessons tailored just for them by the Guru. There is no "best" way to practice other than training the mind, and there is no better example.

The lives of the Masters are also quite varied and this shows that there are many different approaches and there are different methods applied at different times during the journey. Trijang Dorjechang's example was very beautiful, definitely, but we must understand that the overall lesson is it is an encouragement to make training the mind the meaning of our life regardless of our circumstances. We should not take them to mean we must necessarily live like Je Milarepa, or study like Je Tsongkhapa.

I am compelled to write this because again and again practitioners read the stories and fall into a common trap of extreme view discriminating too strongly between what is and is not spiritual. This is a dangerous mental habit, one that has good friends like 'discriminating too strongly between the meditation session and the meditation break', or 'discriminating too strongly between what is and is not meaningful'. While it is important to make some distinctions at different stages of training based all personal assessment of our training, it is essential we strive to abide by what I believe defines 'a meaningful life' - to delight in training the mind regardless of where we are, who we are with, or what we are doing.

Lets also stop our bad discrimination habit from going on to judge the spiritual lives of others as well. There is a time for study, and a time to go off the page, a time to contemplate, and a time to put conceptual mind to rest. We will all make our own choices at different stages of our journey and it is important that we learn to empower everyone's mind training regardless of their circumstances. What is the difference between the practitioner-scholar in class all the time, the practitioner-yogi in retreat, and the practitioner-parent? Context.

Do you have benefactors that enable you to sit around doing pujas and studying Dharma all day? Yes? Great, train your mind. Do you have to work all day and take care of a family? Yes? Great, train your mind. Everyone has different karma and different things will bring about realization. It sometimes happens that the person with nearly no Dharma knowledge has profound completion stage experiences, while someone who has studied and trained extensively has great difficulty accessing such experiences. So don't let deluded pride elevate you into thinking you are extra special because you think you're doing all the right things! Don't miss the point entirely!

The only right way to practice is to train the mind!

To all of you training your mind, whoever you are, whatever you are doing, whatever your routine is, the Protector is delighted in you and thanks you for your courage fighting the good fight!

lotus1

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 05:51:22 PM »
Thank you bonfire for re-activating this inspiring post by hope rainbow on HH Trijang Rinpoche.
From HH Trijang Rinpoche’s routine as a teenage not even 20 year old, I can see how consistent, persistent, and hard working he was in his spiritual practices. He will find “secret” time to study Dharma text.
We should  follow his great example and do not give any excuse in our spiritual practices.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2013, 09:06:18 AM »
As mentioned by beggar, it's very interesting to read that HH Trijang Rinpoche's daily practices are mainly of Manjushri and Yamantaka and of course, Dorje Shugden. When I was HH Trijang Rinpoche's age I was fooling around with kids my age, skipping school and getting myself into a lot of troubles. That's why I am who I am today whilst Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche is already turning the wheel of dharma.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 02:25:23 AM »
Two words came in to my mind on H.H Trijang Rinpoche's life.
Very discipline and consistent.
Everyday did the same. Not only require great self discipline, but patience too, no matter what happened. Days by days did the same actions are very rare now a days.

H.H Trijang Rinpoche is emanation of Vajrayogini himself.
Through he daily routine, H.H guide us the way to practice Dharma.

icy

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 09:37:51 AM »
Trijang Rinpoche's past incarnations include Bohdisattva Manjushri, Mahasiddha Biwa, Sakya Pandita and Buton Rinchen Drub.  All of these are glorious and stainless incarnations.  This explains what he did in his daily routine as student is beyond an ordinary person's interest.  Only an Extraordinary Being does things opposite us.

I am glad Trijang Rinpoche is well protected.  Enjoy this video:

HH Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche at rest area in switzerland

hope rainbow

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2013, 03:25:44 AM »
Reading through this post again, I tried to recall my early years when I was a young student, and how I did then.
I recall clearly that when I was supposed to study, such as the days before examination, my week-ends and evening were extremely busy, I was occupied with so many things in what appeared to be the opposite of procrastination.

I would re-arrange the furniture in my room, organize my shelves, I would sharpen all my colour pencils and arrange them by color, I would clean my wardrobe, taking all clothes out and arranging them properly, folding them all in the same way then arranging them in neat piles, perhaps I would finally read that book that we were supposed to read a year earlier for class and of which I only read the first three pages, then I would find that book that I did not return at the library in time and I would go to the library immediately to repair that oblivion, I would walk the dog as asked, by I would do it for more than an hour, I  would change the cat litter (an occupation otherwise not pleasant), etc...

Anything that would reassure my mind that I was not procrastinating, I would engage into in order to fool myself.

Later, I learnt that this kind of activity is a form of laziness from a Buddhist point of view.
An hyper-activity that has for motivation to distract one from what he should really be busy with, and gives one an excuse for not doing it.

Trijang Rinpoche did the opposite, Trijang Rinpoche got engaged in Dharma with so much passion that His mind simply could not get distracted at all from what He wanted to achieve in His life.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 10:15:43 AM »
Reading the contributions by all you kind people, makes me realise how I waste my life doing what is expected in the secular samsara way.  Live my life by learning the basics to live from baby to adulthood chasing survival.  To be equipped with the goal of achieving more materialistically. 

We are all brought in the world order designed to entrap us in sheer ignorance, to have everything being futile on our death.

Some of us have the merits to meet the Dharma and decide to make changes to create more meaning to our purpose in this life.  Then we are faced with the obstacles which will endanger or slow down and some even to get out of this spiritual journey.

However, with highly attained and enlightened beings like Trijang Rinpoche, their whole purpose is the goal to benefit others.  They are disciplined and whatever they do is to have the realisation of the needs of all sentient beings and to convey the Dharma to them in the way that suits them and the time they live in. They are embodiment of compassion and wisdom. 

What they hold on to is the core of Dharma and life after life they return in forms appropriate to be of benefit.

We have much distractions and cravings, but these living Buddhas are kind and they are always here to help us. I am one of these lucky people who has a divine root guru.  He teaches us all the time, let us be blessed to learn and have some merits to continue our pursuit in the next life.  I hope to live for that.