Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Initiation  (Read 6913 times)

Tenzin Sungrab

Dorje Shugden Initiation
« on: February 29, 2008, 03:15:56 AM »
Hello Dharma brothers and sisters,
 I have a very deep felt desire to take the next step toward an initiation into the practice of Dorje Shugden. I have taken refuge, as well as vows, within the Geluk lineage, and have commited myself to uphold the Teachings as explained by my Lama, Geshe Tsultrim Gyeltsen. However, I have not lived close to my Teacher or any other teacher for over two years. My heart aches for a deeper connection with this Holy Protector, yet I seem to lack the conditions to bring this about in a formal way. What is said about those who lack the proper initiation but want to practice anyway? Am I just wasting my time? I pray with devotion, and feel drawn to him many times throughout the day, yet always wonder how much benefit that I may be missing without the initiation. I would love to hear any advice from any who have considered this situation. Is there any others out there who practice without the formal initiation?
 Your friend in Dharma,
  Tenzin Sungrab
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 05:24:45 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

Mooch

Re: Dorje Shugden Initiation
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 03:41:05 AM »
My teachers always  tell me to keep the intentione there and what you need will come. I will make requests for you at Kangso pujas this month. I can`t answer your question,but I will make requests for you.

a friend

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 03:51:38 AM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab,

You have the opportunity to get the initiation next April at the beautiful temple and meditation center of the New Kadampa Tradition in Glen Spey, New York.
Kadampa Meditation Center New York. PO Box 447. Glen Spey, NY 12737. Tel: (845) 856-9000. Toll free: 1-877-523-2672  http://www.kadampafestivalus.org/welcome.html

If you cannot attend, just pray our holy Buddha Protector Dorje Shugden every day, tell him whatever need you may have in your practice of Dharma, in your life. You can make an offering every day too, a cup of tea for example. And recite this prayer:

Please be with me always like the shadow of my body
And care for me always like a friend,
By accomplishing swiftly whatever I wish for
And whatever I ask of you.

The main thing is to study and practice our Lord Je Tsongkapa's teachings, and the holy Buddha Protector Dorje Shugden is going to help you with that. The initiation will come, now or later, if you ask him from your heart.

Best wishes!

Tenzin Sungrab

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 04:17:36 AM »
Thank you for your kind words and support.
  Your advise is very encouraging and I will take it to heart. I am trying to temper my passion for wanting to explore this practice with a dose of realism. I work a job that does not pay me in wages, so I will not have the means to attend the initiation in New York.
I will keep my prayers close to my heart, creating the conditions within that I hope will lead me to receive the blessings that Dorje Shugden provides.
 Thank you,
  Tenzin Sungrab
 I welcome any additional advise.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 04:46:05 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

Mooch

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 06:41:20 AM »
 Are you located in the states?

Tenzin Sungrab

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 07:37:23 AM »
Yes, I am in Dubuque, Iowa.
 Not alot of opportunities here when it comes to connecting with Dharma centers.
 T.S.

jeff Ryan

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 01:47:26 PM »
Dear Tenzin,

I have heard several great Masters say that receiving the Life Entrustment is wonderful but not required to practice Dharmapala. I heard Dharmapala Himself say " I work for the benefit of all sentient beings just like ducks are drawn to a lake" meaning regardless if the beings have faith or not Dharmapala is compelled to come to their aid just like a duck is naturally attracted to land in the lake. He sees beings suffering and comes to their aid. What a wonderful teaching it was! Even now while those who work to destroy our lineage our Holy Enlightened Protector cares for them as a mother for her child and we the faithful equally. Of course we know that is the quality of the Buddhas' but it was so wonderful to hear Him say it and so eloquently.

Alexis

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 05:03:13 PM »
Jeff dear,

Isn't it more like ' attracted like a swan to the lotus lake' as is written in the Kangso?

It feels more elegant than 'a duck'. 'A duck' must be Jamyang's words.... ;D 8)

jeff Ryan

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 11:13:26 PM »
yes Alexis it was probably the translation ( hahahahaha) but nevertheless tears started to flow when He said those words. Easy to blame Jam lol. I should take ownership of a bad memory and being a simpleton not capable
of remembering clearly.

Rihanna

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 01:56:52 AM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab, I hope by the time you read this post, you have received your initiation. If you still have not, do not be despair. You mentioned that you have not lived near your guru for over two years. At least you have a guru. One does not need to be physically near one's guru to receive blessings. If it does, then their ability is limited. I am not allowed to even have a guru as my family is of the impression that it is cultish. However, two years ago, I stumbled on this site. Since then I have been following, printed out pictures and prayers they put up.  I have benefited so much from this practice, even on very mundane level. This proves that you do not need formal initiations to benefit from your practice, as long as it is sincere. No offerings made in relations to the three jewels is wasted.

Zach

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 04:21:15 PM »
Dear Tenzin Sungrab, I hope by the time you read this post, you have received your initiation. If you still have not, do not be despair. You mentioned that you have not lived near your guru for over two years. At least you have a guru. One does not need to be physically near one's guru to receive blessings. If it does, then their ability is limited. I am not allowed to even have a guru as my family is of the impression that it is cultish. However, two years ago, I stumbled on this site. Since then I have been following, printed out pictures and prayers they put up.  I have benefited so much from this practice, even on very mundane level. This proves that you do not need formal initiations to benefit from your practice, as long as it is sincere. No offerings made in relations to the three jewels is wasted.

Dont worry he's now a monk in Shar Gaden :)