Author Topic: Why is Endeavor Necessary?  (Read 3280 times)

icy

Why is Endeavor Necessary?
« on: February 27, 2013, 11:51:59 PM »
If we consider material progress, we see that research started by one person can always be continued by another. But this is not possible with spiritual progress. The realization we talk about in the Buddhadharma is something that has to be accomplished by the individual. No one else can do it for us. Of course, it would be wonderful if in the future we could attain realization through some sort of new injection or by means of a new generation of computers, without having to go through any difficulties. If we could be absolutely certain that such a time would come, we could simply lie back and wait to get enlightened. But I doubt that this will ever happen. It is better to make an effort. We have to develop endeavor.

What do you think? Do you like what is being said here? Do share with me and let me know. Thanks

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Why is Endeavor Necessary?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 04:33:44 AM »
It took a lot of effort for us here to 'survive' here in samsara, where the weak gets pushed around and gets eaten by the strong. Law of the jungle (but in reality, law of samsara) and if we 'fall', we'll simply get trampled by more  powerful  beings and this is a cycle, so in order to make it to be born as humans we would have to put a lot of effort in already. It would be a waste of efforts if we do not use just a little more effort just to achieve Bodhicitta or put Dharma practice into action. So yes, endeavor is very important for any practitioner who wants to make it.