Author Topic: Unmasking the Dalai Lama  (Read 3935 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Unmasking the Dalai Lama
« on: June 24, 2013, 05:24:53 AM »
As expected, here is someone who dug some dirt out on the Dalai Lama and guess what? Dorje Shugden is mentioned.

Unmasking the Dalai Lama
He's not the holy man Madison thinks he is
on Thursday 06/13/2013,

Dear Tell All: I read Rational Rodney's complaint about Madison's misguided love for the Dalai Lama during his recent visit ("The Dalai Lama Is a Bore," 5/24/2013). I agree that he's boring, having heard him countless times. All the religions teach love, compassion and forgiveness, by the way. I have a Ph.D. in the subject, for what it is worth, and I happen to know that the Gelugpa Order deems anything too "in-depth" as improper teaching for the commoners. That's how they view us: We are not ready yet.

One person I know was disgruntled that he paid $75 and could not even really see or hear the Dalai Lama. What happened to the Buddha's insistence on freely offering teachings?

Many do not know that the Dalai Lama disapproves of gay sex, oral sex and anal sex for Buddhists. "A sexual act is deemed proper when the couples use the organs intended for sexual intercourse and nothing else," he has said. Except in extreme circumstances, he is also anti-abortion, and I won't have the space to go into the second-class status for women in his order.

Furthermore, many do not know of the Dalai Lama's crackdown on the Shugden believers. Many were kicked out of his monastic tradition for practicing this worship (see YouTube for some ugly incidents). The famous scholar Georges Dreyfus once told a conference that the Dalai Lama's sect throws in prison those with a divergent philosophy from the official one.

The same Madison liberals who may have a distaste for the pope love the Dalai Lama. Feudal theocracy is similar everywhere, and the classic Dalai Lama's government in Tibet was brutal feudalism. He is, in essence, a Buddhist pope.

I could go on, but you have a short column. I will pray for your condescending forgiveness, as you were so kind to forgive Rational Rodney for being critical of this Dalai Lama who is beyond criticism.

Dr. J

if you wanna try and defend: http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/article.php?article=40148

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
Re: Unmasking the Dalai Lama
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:01:23 PM »
I really do not understand why would the well respected Dalai Lama have so many different rumors about him. Both positive and negative comments.

I do not believe that any of the Sangha should be involved in these kind of rumors at all. There are so many separations between the Buddhist community because of this ban? I do not think it is worth it at all.

And it is so saddening to see that so many of the monks have to leave their monasteries and be banned from entering shops, or even hospitals. That is still alright, but what makes me really upset is that when the monks are getting the Shugden monks to leave what they said "Get them to go, get rid of them." This is what I really cannot stand. The way it is being phrased and put is as though the Shugden monks are not humans, or any beings at all. Is that even what the monks should be practicing? Compassion towards all sentient beings.

The worst part is that even the villagers have to travel so far (like the lady in the video that has to travel 300km) so that she can continue on with her believes and practices. This is just so sad to see people behaving like that, all because of what the Dalai Lama has said, not considering the after effects after that?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 11:33:22 AM »
The Dalai Lama seems to have opened himself up for attack when he implemented the ban because now anyone who wants to dig dirt on the Dalai Lama will associate him with the Dorje Shugden ban. So in some way, the Dalai Lama has risked his reputation and influence just to implement a ban to discriminate against thousands of practitioners...why would he want to do that if it just to assert his superiority? Perhaps there is a plan in mind and the ban is just temporary and he will lift it when the time comes. And it will be soon.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 08:09:33 PM »
I respect HH the Dalai Lama very much, before I bumped into this website, I would always have questions or doubts about HH, I didn't understand why was HH doing this, and that. After getting some very powerful and genuine information on Dorje Shugden and then I realised the purpose of HH behind all these.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 04:02:04 AM »
The Dalai Lama has indeed done all the things mentioned and from that many people are confused and suffered. However people still cling on to his Buddhist philosophy of love and compassion for others not knowing or admitting that the Dalai Lama actually do not practice what he preach. I am just telling the truth and hope everyone evaluate the Dalai Lama with information. If after evaluating the information, the conclusion is still to follow Him, then please do that but don't be critical of Shugden and other Lamas but practice diligently under His Holiness.