Author Topic: A Weekend Dharma Celebration  (Read 4519 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
A Weekend Dharma Celebration
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:55:04 PM »
We take weekends off to go skiing, go to Paris, go camping.. how about taking off for a Dharma weekend? If any one is going, please do post pictures and share with us any interesting news either pre-event or post - perhaps anyone interesting attending?

AN EXCITING DHARMA WEEKEND COMING UP!

While Losar festivities kick off in the Tibetan communities around the world and another year begins, practitioners throughout America celebrate in their own way to bring the blessings of Dharma to thousands.

We rejoice to hear that centers of the New Kadampa Tradition will be organizing a grand Dharma Celebration weekend in February 2013, in San Diego, California, which will include a Dorje Shugden blessing empowerment and commentary, granted by Gen Kelsang Jampa, NKT National Spiritual Director in the US.

The weekend will also include a series of teachings on how to increase practices of faith and wisdom, and how to transform life situations into opportunities for spiritual growth and development. There will be an introductory talk and meditation for participants to deepen and internalize the experience of what they learn during the teachings. The weekend is open to all, from beginners to advanced practitioners, fostering wonderful harmony between people from all backgrounds and levels of practice.

And the benefits will continue well after the weekend is over, for profits raised will roll back into the NKT’s International Temples Projects and used to develop Kadampa meditation centers and temple projects around the world. This allows the teachings of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso and his incomparable works to continue flourishing everywhere, growing a whole new generation of powerful practitioners that will uphold our lineage for years to come.

All of us at DorjeShugden.com are thrilled to know that while so much is being done to suppress the practice of our sacred Protector, successful centers around the world are investing equal effort into proliferating the practice and the many other teachings of our lineage. It is a clear sign that nothing can ever truly silence the blessings of an enlightened being like Dorje Shugden.

This celebration will be hosted by NKT centers from around the Californian state, including those at Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Petaluma, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, Santa Rosa, Westlake Village. For more information about this Dharma celebration, visit cadharmacelebration.org

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/a-weekend-dharma-celebration/

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Re: A Weekend Dharma Celebration
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 08:47:41 AM »
My first reaction to this post was one of joy to think how fast and far Dorje Shugden is spreading. Then I couldn't help but contrast the way people around the world value the Protector practice and are rushing to get Dorje Shugden empowerment whilst the silly CTA is still stuck in their medieval minds and still being very foolish to prohibit the very Protector they need. As more and more people around the world come to know Dorje Shugden and experience his blessings, more and more will at the same time realize how deceitful and silly the CTA has been. And this is yet another way for the so-called Tibetan cause to lose support. Who would want to support a dishonest and oppressive "government"?

Looking at the situation in China, significant Asian countries, Europe, the United States and even Africa where Dorje Shugden is being embraced, very soon the little insignificant Tibetan refugee settlements in India will be the only places where Dorje Shugden is not known and practiced as Dharma degenerates even more. Is this not indicative that the CTA has made a grievous error? Too bad for them because it is clear that anything CTA is old news.

honeydakini

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:28:08 AM »
Kate, thanks for the share on this. I'm always happy to see news like from NKT centers and their peaceful practices. I hadn't heard about these activities around the world, and it's really nice to see what large-scale celebrations and teachings they have organised on other continents.

Some of my friends are now starting to prepare for the spring festival here in England (yes, they're planning already! Something to look forward to admist all the horrible freak cold of this year's nasty winter). They will be receiving a Chenrezig empowerment this spring - how wonderful! (there's information here (and a very beautiful image of 1000-armed Chenrezig http://kadampafestivals.org/spring/)

I'm very inspired by the very peaceful energies of the NKT. There is a lot of love in their practices and teachings. I remember that when the controversy started about Dorje Shugden, I wondered what the fuss was about because I had friends from the NKT and they hardly seemed like the kind of people who would engage in anything negative or harmful or violent!

Most of all, it's extremely good news to hear that the Californians will be receiving an empowerment of our protector. There could be no better way to usher in spring and start the new year. A very Happy Losar indeed!

<3 <3 <3

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 04:10:44 AM »
It's really nice to know that NKT centers around the world are thriving strongly and are able to hold huge events that can bring blessings to many people in more ways than one. And all these are thanks to the protector's kindness in aiding them as well as their sincerity toward the protector. Again, their success in their Dharma work is a testament that Dorje Shugden is not harmful in any way. NKT is thriving very well despite all of the nasty rumors that people spread against them to smear their name, but it doesnt dent their reputation that much as a lot of people are still going to their events and such.