Author Topic: Osel Offers Body, Speech, and Mind Mandala to His Holiness the Dalai Lama  (Read 7382 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
I thought it was interesting that Lama Osel is connecting with HH the Dalai Lama, especially knowing the background of Lama Osel as the incarnation of the powerful Dorje Shugden practitioner, Lama Yeshe. Lama Osel had controversially become a lay person and left the monastery to pursue an outwardly looking secular life, yet recently, he has been seen establishing links with Lama Zopa and FPMT. And now this... isn't it interesting?

Osel Offers Body, Speech, and Mind Mandala to His Holiness the Dalai Lama

PUBLISHED ON MAY 24, 2013

Osel with His Holiness the Dalai Lama at FPMT International Office. Photo by Leah Nash.

Holiness the Dalai Lama visited FPMT International Office on Friday, May 10, prior to speaking at Maitripa College’s graduation ceremony. During the visit to International Office, His Holiness had a tour of the offices and was offered a body, speech, mind mandala by Tenzin Ösel Hita.

A short video clip was captured of this moving mandala offering.

Lama Zopa Rinpoche, who was unable to be in Portland, sent His Holiness a letter and a video offering.

Osel also gave a talk to participants of the North American Regional Meeting which was taking place at Maitripa College during the same weekend.

Osel with participants of the May 2013 North American Regional Meeting held at Maitripa College.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
It is interesting indeed because it also shows that Osel has not tried to reconnect with the Dalai Lama prior to this, when he was still studying in Sera. Why only reconnect now? why  not earlier? perhaps it is an indication that the ban will be lifted soon? It is also worth noting that Lama Osel only reconnected with Lama Zopa after Lama Zopa showed indications that he is still supporting Dorje Shugden subtly by visiting Trijang Rinpoche's stupa but not before. I'd say that this is an auspicious indication of good things to come and an indication that the ban will be lifted by the Dalai Lama soon...well it's only after the Dalai Lama said he will not be talking about Dorje Shugden anymore than Lama Osel reconnected...another interesting detail to consider.

dsiluvu

It is interesting indeed because it also shows that Osel has not tried to reconnect with the Dalai Lama prior to this, when he was still studying in Sera. Why only reconnect now? why  not earlier? perhaps it is an indication that the ban will be lifted soon? It is also worth noting that Lama Osel only reconnected with Lama Zopa after Lama Zopa showed indications that he is still supporting Dorje Shugden subtly by visiting Trijang Rinpoche's stupa but not before. I'd say that this is an auspicious indication of good things to come and an indication that the ban will be lifted by the Dalai Lama soon...well it's only after the Dalai Lama said he will not be talking about Dorje Shugden anymore than Lama Osel reconnected...another interesting detail to consider.

I don't think the Dalai Lama will be lifting the ban but rather the situation and the causes for the ban to be lifted is happening as we can see the winds of change with the recent news of the TYC going against the middle way policy of His Holiness http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/dalai-lama-loses-control/
In Discussion here http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=3520.0

However YES it is really interesting to see all this connection being re-established by Lama Osel with his previous centre FPMT, Lama Zopa and now His Holiness. I am sure all these highly attained beings have their reasons beyond us... and why all this is happening in such a coincidental timing when His Holiness changes His tune about Dorje Shugden and about his political role and his wish for autonomy in China.

It is also a huge indication that His Holiness is preparing for his own passing and paving the way back to Tibet, to perhaps see Potala Palace one last time, to bless his people there one last time and to agree with autonomy so "EVERYONE" including Dorje Shugden practitioners have the right and freedom to practice as they wish in Tibet. Well if China allows Dorje Shugden practice, what can His Holiness say or do as it is no longer under His ruling. So perhaps Lama Osel is paying his few final respects and knowing how things will most probably change very very soon.

Ensapa

• Email
To be very honest, Lama Osel does not look happy in that picture at all. It looks more of a frown. I wonder why. It is quite unusual to appear unhappy when in audience with the Dalai Lama if you ask me. Usually everyone would be in smiles or grinning from ear to ear, but as we can see, Lama Osel is frowning at HHDL's feet. It could be that he is not happy about the ban, or like what dsiluvu has said that he is paying his last respects to HHDL before he passes away. But if he will pass away soon, would that not contradict the fact that HHDL has predicted that he will live to at least 90 years old? I actually find the whole charade very interesting indeed on many levels, but one thing for certain is that Lama Osel is not that happy to see HHDL from that picture.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
If we take reincarnation seriously and fast forward this into the future, let's not take this offering of the Mendel Tensum just as a gesture of greeting. Look further, the Dalai Lama is aging and nothing much can be done to lengthen His Holiness' life but to clear up the misunderstanding of the Shugden Issue coupled with other impending issues within the Tibetan community. If we take Osel Hita to be the true and genuine incarnation of the great Lama  Yeshe, think again, wouldn't Osel Hita be making offerings and collecting merits for the future incarnation of the Dalai Lama to return again and again to benefit sentient beings?

Mahasiddhas work in unseeming ways in order to get their message of the Buddha Dharma across to different groups of people. Somethings aren't what they seem to be. The supposed "frown" on Osel's face may very well be an expression of worry when the Dalai Lama is no longer around, who will shed light onto the modern world still suffered with the sufferings of old?
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Ensapa

• Email
If we take reincarnation seriously and fast forward this into the future, let's not take this offering of the Mendel Tensum just as a gesture of greeting. Look further, the Dalai Lama is aging and nothing much can be done to lengthen His Holiness' life but to clear up the misunderstanding of the Shugden Issue coupled with other impending issues within the Tibetan community. If we take Osel Hita to be the true and genuine incarnation of the great Lama  Yeshe, think again, wouldn't Osel Hita be making offerings and collecting merits for the future incarnation of the Dalai Lama to return again and again to benefit sentient beings?

Mahasiddhas work in unseeming ways in order to get their message of the Buddha Dharma across to different groups of people. Somethings aren't what they seem to be. The supposed "frown" on Osel's face may very well be an expression of worry when the Dalai Lama is no longer around, who will shed light onto the modern world still suffered with the sufferings of old?

Perhaps it could be that also, because one thing for sure is that the CTA and the Tibetan refugees in Dharamsala will be in a lot of suffering and pain and they will be unable to function if the Dalai Lama does indeed pass on. That will actually be the end of CTA because they are just unable to take responsibility for themselves, and all they do is put all their responsibilities on the Dalai Lama. Yes, the Dalai Lama might have promised Shakyamuni as Chenrezig to take of the Tibetans, but taking HHDL for granted is the fastest and easiest way to cause him to manifest impermanence. Somehow, I do feel scared for the Tibetan refugees and the CTA when HHDL passes, as the negative karma that they have accumulated over the years would explode and boil over.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
I too think that Osel offering body, speech, and mind to the Dalai Lama is more then what it seems to be. Although it is said that there is a frown on Osel's face, but to me, I think it looks more like a face with a very stern and serious face.

I believe what made him to have this face is because he saw what would be happening in the future, and with the meet up with the Dalai Lama, it further concluded his visions. It might be related to the ban, it might be related to if the Dalai Lama would be able to live till 90, it might be related to him not seeing that there will be another incarnation of the Dalai Lama after the 14th Dalai Lama. But we would never know till the time comes.

Ensapa

• Email
I too think that Osel offering body, speech, and mind to the Dalai Lama is more then what it seems to be. Although it is said that there is a frown on Osel's face, but to me, I think it looks more like a face with a very stern and serious face.

I believe what made him to have this face is because he saw what would be happening in the future, and with the meet up with the Dalai Lama, it further concluded his visions. It might be related to the ban, it might be related to if the Dalai Lama would be able to live till 90, it might be related to him not seeing that there will be another incarnation of the Dalai Lama after the 14th Dalai Lama. But we would never know till the time comes.

With the amount of broken samaya done in the name of the Dalai Lama, as well as other unruly students who use the Dalai Lama's name to commit negativities, I highly doubt that the Dalai Lama would return...why would he? so that the students can use his name to commit more negativities? Even if the Dalai Lama returns, he will not be with the CTA as they have created the karma to distance themselves from Him. Perhaps the Dalai Lama may return but not as the Dalai Lama but as someone else that is here to benefit.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
With the amount of broken samaya done in the name of the Dalai Lama, as well as other unruly students who use the Dalai Lama's name to commit negativities, I highly doubt that the Dalai Lama would return...why would he? so that the students can use his name to commit more negativities? Even if the Dalai Lama returns, he will not be with the CTA as they have created the karma to distance themselves from Him. Perhaps the Dalai Lama may return but not as the Dalai Lama but as someone else that is here to benefit.

I believe that the Dalai Lama would return to benefit more sentient beings. This is because his name is now well known by all, if his reincarnation comes back and teach, the amount of Dharma that would be able to be spread around the world is unbelievable. Leaving dharma seeds and helping all sentient beings isn't that what a high lama aims to do? Benefit more people in these degenerated times helping the sentient being and humans, allowing them to have a better rebirth in their future lives.

Ensapa

• Email
I believe that the Dalai Lama would return to benefit more sentient beings. This is because his name is now well known by all, if his reincarnation comes back and teach, the amount of Dharma that would be able to be spread around the world is unbelievable. Leaving dharma seeds and helping all sentient beings isn't that what a high lama aims to do? Benefit more people in these degenerated times helping the sentient being and humans, allowing them to have a better rebirth in their future lives.

Obviously they do exist to benefit all sentient beings but the unfortunate part of this is that whether or not they appear or manifest also depends a lot on the students that they have and the samaya that these students have with the Lama. Unless of course, you're telling me that the Dalai Lama is powerful enough to overwrite broken samaya and negative students and still reincarnate and appear as what they are supposed to appear, then i really dont have much to say as the health and appearance of the Lama depends almost entirely on the students.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!

Obviously they do exist to benefit all sentient beings but the unfortunate part of this is that whether or not they appear or manifest also depends a lot on the students that they have and the samaya that these students have with the Lama. Unless of course, you're telling me that the Dalai Lama is powerful enough to overwrite broken samaya and negative students and still reincarnate and appear as what they are supposed to appear, then i really dont have much to say as the health and appearance of the Lama depends almost entirely on the students.

I think that the Dalai Lama is a Buddha, therefore he would manifest in whatever form or position in order to benefit as many beings as possible. Whether his students have the karma to receive the benefit from the Dalai Lama is of course up to their actions and samaya.

With regard to the Dorje Shugden ban though, the Dalai Lama's students who have abandoned Dorje Shugden because of their following what the Dalai Lama says would have clean samaya with the Dalai Lama. However, they would have broken their samaya with the teacher they received Dorje Shugden practice from. Unfortunately, many of these students may not have known better and i am sure they would have been angst-ridden over their decision to stop their practice or not. Not many would be strong enough to forge their own path, like Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.

Lama Osel has not stated whether he is a Dorje Shugden practitioner or not, despite the fact that his previous incarnation Lama Yeshe, was an ardent practitioner. His acceptance by Lama Zopa, FPMT and Dalai Lama appears to indicate that he is 'clean', i.e. not a Dorje Shugden practitioner. However, i am personally inclined to believe that he would follow his previous life's practices. I guess time will tell but i hope he will reveal that he is a Dorje Shugden practitioner soon as this would greatly encourage other Dorje Shugden practitioners around the world.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Q

Interesting discussion. It's sad to have the idea that the 14 th Dalai Lama could be the last incarnation...

About the broken samaya etc of Dalai Lama's students... well, I guess the Tibetans never learn. After what they did with the 6th Dalai Lama, which other wise would have given them a monarchy system rather than what it is now, they're repeating the same mistake, only in a different perspective. Sigh...

lotus1

Rejoice to see the meeting of Lama Osel with HH Dalai Lama. As Lama Osel is the reincarnation of Lama Yeshe, I believe he is still practicing Dorje Shugden  although he might be staying low down now waiting for the right time.
I cannot wait to see the day when the ban is lifted when Lama Osel, Trijang Rinpoche and all the Dorje Shugden lamas sit together and giving teaching and initiation to the public.

Ensapa

• Email
Interesting discussion. It's sad to have the idea that the 14 th Dalai Lama could be the last incarnation...

About the broken samaya etc of Dalai Lama's students... well, I guess the Tibetans never learn. After what they did with the 6th Dalai Lama, which other wise would have given them a monarchy system rather than what it is now, they're repeating the same mistake, only in a different perspective. Sigh...

The war during the 5th Dalai Lama, as well as his political position, was all imposed upon him against his will by his chief liaison, Sangye Gyatso. Obviously this is a gross transgression of samaya on the part of Sangye Gyatso, and as a result the 6th Dalai Lama took the form of the mahasiddha and had another emanation manifest as the political figurehead, but this emanation was docile and unable to do much. The subsequent Dalai Lamas either had uneventful lives or died young until the 13 and current ones. Broken samaya is harmful to us in general.