Author Topic: Dalai Lama worship allowed in China?  (Read 11033 times)

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
Re: Dalai Lama worship allowed in China?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 09:25:21 PM »
China should really change their hard-handed policies but i doubt that will happen anytime soon. However, what that can potentially happen is that they will learn over time as Buddhism infiltrates their government more and more of their officials learn about Buddhism and do something about it and the stance start to soften. The hard stance is actually to help keep things in check as it is not easy to govern such a country with soft skills alone. A hard stance is necessary to make an example of people.

I disagree with what you have said about changing their policies. With such harsh policies, it is already possible for the Tibetans to cause chaos within Tibet. Just imagine what would happen if they soften their policies. It would only be able for China to soften their policies if the Tibetans stop being so extreme about things and have more respect towards their current leader, the China government.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 05:55:58 AM »
China should really change their hard-handed policies but i doubt that will happen anytime soon. However, what that can potentially happen is that they will learn over time as Buddhism infiltrates their government more and more of their officials learn about Buddhism and do something about it and the stance start to soften. The hard stance is actually to help keep things in check as it is not easy to govern such a country with soft skills alone. A hard stance is necessary to make an example of people.

I disagree with what you have said about changing their policies. With such harsh policies, it is already possible for the Tibetans to cause chaos within Tibet. Just imagine what would happen if they soften their policies. It would only be able for China to soften their policies if the Tibetans stop being so extreme about things and have more respect towards their current leader, the China government.

Knowing the Tibetans, I dont expect that to happen anytime soon as the Tibetans are quite stubborn and hard headed themselves. Or else Tibet would not have fell to the british under the 13th Dalai Lama's rule. Tibet has been stagnant on a secular level for 450 years due to the inefficiency of the Ganden Phodrang (CTA) who does nothing much to improve the situation back then, and they're continuing this glorious tradition even now. Perhaps the Chinese may spur them for something?

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 12:25:36 AM »
Knowing the Tibetans, I dont expect that to happen anytime soon as the Tibetans are quite stubborn and hard headed themselves. Or else Tibet would not have fell to the british under the 13th Dalai Lama's rule. Tibet has been stagnant on a secular level for 450 years due to the inefficiency of the Ganden Phodrang (CTA) who does nothing much to improve the situation back then, and they're continuing this glorious tradition even now. Perhaps the Chinese may spur them for something?

It is because that the Tibetans are stubborn, that is why the regulations towards them have to be more strict. China will only be able to control the Tibetans when it is shown that they are stronger and more forceful towards them.