Author Topic: concrete steps  (Read 6759 times)

polartortoise

• Email
concrete steps
« on: March 15, 2008, 12:03:54 PM »
dear administrator
i truly admire your writings on the ds dilemna. clear precise n sharp without the emotional rhetoric to cloud the issues. i agree that since u have provided here all the necessary balanced argument about the situation, disseminating this information as widely as possible is a good idea. i'm wondering though if u have any thoughts as to what practitioners outside of the tibetan community could do to help pacify the situation in india, nepal and tibet? we r free of the clutter surrounding blind worship. how can we help to promote peaceful co-existence?

polartortoise

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: concrete steps
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 04:07:37 PM »
Dear polartortoise,

Thank you.

What you can do to help the situation are

(1) To write in to the Indian government, the prime minister, the president, the various ministries to voice out your concern for the current situation and urge them to do something. The various important addresses can be found here:

http://dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=155.0

(2) To spread this website to as many people as possible, as materials in this website often provide alternative views that will change people's perspective, thus it is vital to raise people awareness towards this website.

Thank you.

Admin
dorjeshugden.com

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 01:37:56 AM »
dear administrator
i truly admire your writings on the ds dilemna. clear precise n sharp without the emotional rhetoric to cloud the issues. i agree that since u have provided here all the necessary balanced argument about the situation, disseminating this information as widely as possible is a good idea. i'm wondering though if u have any thoughts as to what practitioners outside of the tibetan community could do to help pacify the situation in india, nepal and tibet? we r free of the clutter surrounding blind worship. how can we help to promote peaceful co-existence?

polartortoise

Being unbiased in this matter is more important when it comes to this as although the ban is very painful for us, we must always remember that the priority is always our Dharma practice. There has to be a balance between championing the ban and also our Dharma practice and we must make sure that we do not overstep in our boundaries when we fight for Dorje Shugden's cause. I feel that it is very important that we do not involve emotions into this issue to the point where we forget that Dharma practice is more important than all political issues.

bonfire

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 03:08:36 AM »
That is very true Ensapa, thank you for reminding us of this fact.
What "builds" us up is the practice of Dharma, everything else, even if sometimes very important, is like impermanent satellites, they come and go, then they go.
In all what we do, we should remember that, watch our minds and not get lost in an activity for what it is not, for only Dharma has the power to develop our potential for betterment.

dear administrator

polartortoise

Being unbiased in this matter is more important when it comes to this as although the ban is very painful for us, we must always remember that the priority is always our Dharma practice. There has to be a balance between championing the ban and also our Dharma practice and we must make sure that we do not overstep in our boundaries when we fight for Dorje Shugden's cause. I feel that it is very important that we do not involve emotions into this issue to the point where we forget that Dharma practice is more important than all political issues.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 03:20:01 AM »
That is very true Ensapa, thank you for reminding us of this fact.
What "builds" us up is the practice of Dharma, everything else, even if sometimes very important, is like impermanent satellites, they come and go, then they go.
In all what we do, we should remember that, watch our minds and not get lost in an activity for what it is not, for only Dharma has the power to develop our potential for betterment.

If we keep promoting our lord protector Dorje Shugden but if we do not set a good example to show others, they will eventually get a bad impression of Dorje Shugden and that is counterproductive to what we want to achieve with Dorje Shugden. So with that in mind we should ramp up our Dharma practice so that we do not misrepresent him at the end of the day. Dorje Shugden is a Dharma protector. He will not protect us just because we do his prayers but he will only protect us even without asking him if we apply the Dharma teachings and curb our self cherishing mind. He is not a worldly spirit that we can bribe. He is a Buddha that knows all and that cannot be bribed with money and offerings.

kris

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 11:13:06 AM »
Yes, I agree with Admin that this website (and forum) has a lot of good information about Dorje Shugden. It uses logic in its debate and get the information across, unlike other many websites where they use baseless facts.

Of course, I also like the "juicy" information from the webmaster of this website... I always wonder where webmaster get all these juicy information, and all the explanations seem to make a lot of sense :)

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 01:27:32 PM »
I think that this website has become an online authority on the Dorje Shugden plight. No longer is it just a voice but it has become a beacon of hope to many like myself. I believe that the articles and discussion on this forum have become a lifeline for many who are drowning in a sea of opposition, discrimination and misinformation about this protector deity. I am very proud to see it rise and grow in terms of content and its massive reach. The sheer amount of views bear testament to this.

Personally, I think on an individual level, we can contribute by sharing the information on this website and participating on the forum and if one can, start propagating the practice through friends and loved ones. Dorje Shugden is very powerful and effective to alleviate obstacles if people commit to the practice. I think the brochures and comics giveaway are a good idea if one has the financial capability as well. That's besides the admin's idea of writing to governments and stuff.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 03:08:48 PM »
I think that this website has become an online authority on the Dorje Shugden plight. No longer is it just a voice but it has become a beacon of hope to many like myself. I believe that the articles and discussion on this forum have become a lifeline for many who are drowning in a sea of opposition, discrimination and misinformation about this protector deity. I am very proud to see it rise and grow in terms of content and its massive reach. The sheer amount of views bear testament to this.

Personally, I think on an individual level, we can contribute by sharing the information on this website and participating on the forum and if one can, start propagating the practice through friends and loved ones. Dorje Shugden is very powerful and effective to alleviate obstacles if people commit to the practice. I think the brochures and comics giveaway are a good idea if one has the financial capability as well. That's besides the admin's idea of writing to governments and stuff.

Or, we could also go to other forums around and promote Dorje Shugden, those spiritual forums, pagan and new age forums out there would probably love to learn about a Dharma protector that they can make contact with and who can provide them with protection and guidance as well as material needs. After all, contacting and channeling Dorje Shugden is better than contacting a worldly god. Posting in those forums are free and fun, although once in a while you might encounter a Dalai Lama zealot, but there's enough information and logic here that you can draw from to drive them away.