Author Topic: Prince George of England Converting to Buddhism?  (Read 11101 times)

OMB

Re: Prince George of England Converting to Buddhism?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 08:39:51 PM »
Prince George is able to be a Buddhist! Rejoice,  May he grew up wise and virtuous , always be blessed by the 3 Jewels.

Positive Change

Re: Prince George of England Converting to Buddhism?
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 08:56:15 PM »
Justin Wilby, the Archbishop of Canterbury must have shaken the “tree” indeed by making clear that little Prince George, the future ‘Defender of Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England’, could, not only practice Buddhism freely, but could also convert to Buddhism.

All of those in line for the throne of the United Kingdoms are required to be baptized in the the Protestant Anglican church, this is pre-requisite. Yet, it seems that the Archbishop of this very church would welcome and even allow for the future monarch to convert his faith to that of Buddhism!

I am not sure what to think of this myself, even though I find the thought of such an event rather exciting... But I think it would be better suited for that monarch to live an exemplary life that would inspire all Anglicans to live in virtue. Virtue is not the monopoly of Buddhism, virtue is the common ground of all religions actually. So why would the future monarch convert, if not to inspire others to convert, being a leader and model as he is by birth...