Author Topic: Guru Tree : Why are there empty Buddha seats?  (Read 9641 times)

Galen

• Email
Re: Guru Tree : Why are there empty Buddha seats?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »
I have not seen this Guru Tree thanka before with 2 empty seats. But I like the explanation given as it have us realise that we have the potentiality to become a Buddha one day like so many masters before us. For us to take that empty seat would require a lot of hard work, trust and faith.

We must have a clean samaya with our guru. Must always follows our guru's instructions and have guru devotion. This is the basic step in gaining attainments and embarking on a journey to Buddhahood. As we gain more and more clarity and attainments, our attachments to worldly things should be lessen.

This Guru Tree is indeed a blessing to all.

Freyr Aesiragnorak

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 10:43:53 AM »
This is truly amazing. That there is spaces left out on the Guru Tree for US. This is inspiring to say the least and reminds all of us that we can become Buddha's ourselves and once we have we can be a safe refuge to others on the path. Not to sound egotistical but it clearly shows that all of us have the innate ability to become fully enlightened. If we follow our Guru's instructions and keep all his/her words to heart, we are bound to progress, as Lama Tsongkhapa says in the 'Foundation of All Excellence', the Guru is the "root of the Path."

psylotripitaka

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 12:49:25 PM »
To this living assembly that is my Guru, I bow from the core of my being.

This entire living assembly is emanated by the Guru. Our actual Guru is the dharmakaya. Our human teachers are an emanation of our Guru. First, we need to believe this assembly is alive right now. Then we need to believe it is our Guru. Then, we need to understand how our nature and the Guru's nature are the same. Then we can understand the empty seats, how we are an emanation of the Guru hahahahahahahahahahaha. Beautiful!

We are never separate from the grace of the Guru.