Author Topic: Rewriting History?  (Read 6162 times)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Rewriting History?
« on: February 27, 2014, 01:52:27 PM »
Dokhang Khangtsen was the regional house within Gaden Shartse that decied not to take the pledge to stop the prayers to Dorje Shugden. Due to this, the khangtsen was cut off from the rest of the monastery and eventual it was forced to establish its own independent monastery, now called Shar Gaden.

Historically, Dokahng Khangtsen has been an integral part of Shartse, often called the 'right hand' of Shartse due to its importance. 

For the past 2 years, Gaden Shartse has been busy building a new 'Dokhang Khangtsen'.

Here is a link to their new 'tour' website and facebook account. If you go to the website, it is as if they are trying to erase the idea that Dokhang actually was forced to split from the monastery.

http://www.tibetanmonktour.org/about/

https://www.facebook.com/TibetanMonkTour

icy

Re: Rewriting History?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »
The attempt of rewriting the history will not be successful as the ban will be removed soon. The wall between Shar Gaden and Gaden Shartse will eventually come down.  Dokhang Khangsten will be united as one.

Q

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:07:18 PM »
I'm not surprised... if they can attempt to rewrite the history of Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen, why can't they rewrite the history of Dokhang Khamtsen.

But most important is that the monks in the monastery know about the issue, that is something that they can never erase, the memory.

After all, HHDL even admit that the monks on Shartse call themselves the NEW section. It means a lot, because it means they are aware that they do not conform with the original Gelug lineage while monks from Shar Gaden does.

dsiluvu

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 08:54:00 PM »
This is disgustingly sad but it is no new news. They seem to rewrite whatever pleases them or whatever that hold threat to them.

I wonder what they will do once HHDL is gone. Will the so called NEW section change their minds again? Yes the memories of the past is something easily erased?

Why is it okay to be part of the NEW section, anti-DS section, and yet seek and receive sponsorships from the Lamas who practices Dorje Shugden? If Dorje Shugden is so bad then why take sponsor's money who are from Shugden Lamas??? This I do not get!?!

icy

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 12:27:34 AM »
This is disgustingly sad but it is no new news. They seem to rewrite whatever pleases them or whatever that hold threat to them.

I wonder what they will do once HHDL is gone. Will the so called NEW section change their minds again? Yes the memories of the past is something easily erased?

Why is it okay to be part of the NEW section, anti-DS section, and yet seek and receive sponsorships from the Lamas who practices Dorje Shugden? If Dorje Shugden is so bad then why take sponsor's money who are from Shugden Lamas??? This I do not get!?!

This I absolutely agree with you Dsiluvu.  Why receive sponsorships from Shugden Lamas and accuse them of 'Chinese spies and terrorists'?  Doesn't this make these pro-ban section 'Chinese spies and terrorists' too since they keep Shugden Lamas' properties and sponsorships?  How absurb!

kris

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 05:20:44 AM »
History = His Story = Story of people in power. Therefore, this is nothing new, and repeated itself in the mankind history. It is only more sad because this is supposed to be a spiritual orgnisation, and well, I guess when there is people, there is politics, and buddhist organisation is no exception.

For me, what is most important is that all monks should be given the equal basic rights. You can go and build another 20 Dokhang Khangtsen for all you like, but please be kind and give basic necessities to everyone, including Dorje Shugden practitioners. Didn't Buddha teach us to be kind to everyone regardless?

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 06:49:42 AM »
Well, they can rewrite history but everybody know about Dorje Shugden and inevitably people will eventually find out about the fate of Shugdenites being expelled from the monasteries. Anyway, I am pretty sure the new Dhokhang khangtsen would never be as important and provide with as much resources as the previous Dhokhang khangtsen. Why? The reason is simple. They would not be propitiating Dorje Shugden. No Dharma Protector is as fast, provide as much resources or alleviate as much obstacles as Dorje Shugden. I am pretty sure about this...

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 10:42:46 AM »
They can rewrite whole book of thousand pages and replicate a thousand more Dhokhang Khangtsen if they intend to but it will not change the fact that it is not the ONE which have the origins and continue a legacy whereby it propitiates Dorje Shugden. And another thing is if you all are so against the practise of Dorje Shugden, why are you all still seeking and receiving sponsorships from the Lamas who practices Dorje Shugden?

christine V

• Email
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 02:39:03 PM »
What is the point of trying to rewrite the history if the Dharma not able to bring benefit to more people, instead bring more confusion.

Manjushri

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 03:03:01 PM »
Creating new history does not mean that its previous history will be wiped out. The walls between the properties of Gaden Shartse and Shar Gaden is still there. Isn't it questionable why there is a segregation within the monastery? Truth cannot be covered, but it can only be revealed.

Also, since Dokhang Khangsten broke off with Gaden Shartse, why try to re-create the same Khangsten who chose to broke off? Why take on the same name, when that name of the Khangsten is gelled within the history of Shar Gaden? Create a new Khangsten with a new name for heaven's sake... what's with using the same name and sweeping everything under the carpet and pretending that nothing ever happened?

dondrup

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 05:43:39 PM »
Oh no!  Are the monks of Gaden Shartse trying to rewrite the history of the monastery just like HH Dalai Lama had tried to rewrite the history of the  Dorje Shugden lineage!

Matibhadra

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 06:07:32 PM »
History = His Story = Story of people in power

Good one! For no other reason the storyteller is better called the Dalie Lame.