Author Topic: Dalai Lama's view on slavery  (Read 7730 times)

psylotripitaka

Dalai Lama's view on slavery
« on: July 11, 2015, 03:57:50 AM »
Interesting.

Dondrup Shugden

Re: Dalai Lama's view on slavery
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 03:47:07 AM »
It is truly interesting news about the Dalai Lama superficially.  However on the other side of the coin are his serfs and house slaves really entrapped serving beings or rather wise individuals who took on the privilege to serve the Highest Monk in Vajrayana Buddhism to gain merits and attainments for a better future rebirth.

Hmmm I wonder!!! As said there are always 2 sides to a coin and interpretation is per one's goal in life.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 03:11:40 AM »
Dondrup Shugden, on further investigation, though some people may have special minds, the way Tibet was run was very medieval, torture, gouged out eyes, extremes of public disgrace. Look into it...you'll find there was quite a bit of non-Buddhist activity in "Buddhist" society, which actually explains quite a bit as to why followers of the Dalai Lama can be so violent right out of a teaching.

eyesoftara

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 06:59:02 AM »
Dondrup Shugden, on further investigation, though some people may have special minds, the way Tibet was run was very medieval, torture, gouged out eyes, extremes of public disgrace. Look into it...you'll find there was quite a bit of non-Buddhist activity in "Buddhist" society, which actually explains quite a bit as to why followers of the Dalai Lama can be so violent right out of a teaching.

I take it that Dondrup is saying the Dalai Lama did have slaves and it is better for him to have the slaves as the slaves have the karma for it and better be the slave of the Dalai Lama then ordinary slave master. It is rather hard to swallow, but I agree.
We can see all the Dalai Lama "negative" activities being highlighted nowadays on the social media especially. It intrigues many and for hardcore followers of the Dalai Lama it is an insult. For me this is a true test of our view of events. If at the very basic level we believe the Dalai Lama is Avalokitesvara and checked this belief via the positive results of His activities, we can see that he is most instrumental in bringing the Dharma of Tibet to the rest of the world.
His "negatives" results are mainly the ban on the Protector practice and other political follies. In the face of these contradictory events, we must then conclude that His Holiness is manifesting activities as a purifications of the negative karma of beings and is what we would call a Mahasiddha.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 08:45:58 AM »
Eyesoftara,

How very ironic that as I have commented extensively on this subject and even am making effort to get people to stop this, here you come right out and do it again. It is in extreme poor taste and inappropriate to call the ban and it's sufferings the skillful means of a Buddha or Mahasiddha. You cannot say this while also saying you oppose the ban. I am respectfully asking sincerely that this website and forum members stop propagating such an inappropriate view of criminal activity, on behalf of the Three Jewels and those who have experienced immense suffering due to the Dalai Lama's ethnic cleansing. Please.

fruven

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 04:47:24 PM »
Eyesoftara,

How very ironic that as I have commented extensively on this subject and even am making effort to get people to stop this, here you come right out and do it again. It is in extreme poor taste and inappropriate to call the ban and it's sufferings the skillful means of a Buddha or Mahasiddha. You cannot say this while also saying you oppose the ban. I am respectfully asking sincerely that this website and forum members stop propagating such an inappropriate view of criminal activity, on behalf of the Three Jewels and those who have experienced immense suffering due to the Dalai Lama's ethnic cleansing. Please.

If one has the karma to experience the suffering one will suffer. One cannot run away from the negative actions one has done in the past.

There are people who can hold views which seems to be opposing. So are they wrong and you're right?

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 09:50:58 AM »

Without too much deliberation on other Tibetans but the attitude of the CTA, I have the tendency to agree that even now the behaviour of this so called governing group is rather medieval and some of the executions of their authority is appalling.

The above view point is not about what I said being not slaves but having the merits to serve High Lamas.  In this context obviously there will be debate as to whether the HHDL is of the category which to me, he is the most renowned Tibetan Monk now.

James Bond

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 11:04:32 AM »
Hmm..very interesting indeed. I never knew the Dalai Lama had this past with him all along. Still finding it hard to believe.

Regarding slaves, slavery is a terrible thing no matter what the situation is. People should not be put through such suffering by anybody. Including the Dalai Lama. Every human being has rights and people need to respect that. The Dalai Lama owning several serfs could have been only in the past. I think now that he is known to be the holy Dalai Lama, he has changed his views on slavery.

Matibhadra

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 04:40:12 AM »
The Dalai Lama owning several serfs could have been only in the past. I think now that he is known to be the holy Dalai Lama, he has changed his views on slavery.

Sure. Now he views to own serfs and slaves as something inconvenient, because he wants to be seen as “holy” by the Western world.

In the same way, he denies the ban to his Western audiences, because he wants to be seen as “holy” by the Western world.

That's why he is an unholy liar. And that's why showing reverence to such an unholy liar is itself an unholy, wicked act.

fruven

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 12:03:09 PM »
Hmm..very interesting indeed. I never knew the Dalai Lama had this past with him all along. Still finding it hard to believe.

Regarding slaves, slavery is a terrible thing no matter what the situation is. People should not be put through such suffering by anybody. Including the Dalai Lama. Every human being has rights and people need to respect that. The Dalai Lama owning several serfs could have been only in the past. I think now that he is known to be the holy Dalai Lama, he has changed his views on slavery.

It is common for the rulers, the ministers to have servants in the past. This is not just in Tibet but many places on Earth. It was a common theme when one research human societies from past centuries or thousand years.

Matibhadra

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 02:01:04 PM »
It is common for the rulers, the ministers to have servants in the past.

You miss the point. It is not about “servants”, but about serfs and slaves. And someone claiming to be “Chenrezig” while entertaining serfs and slaves, as with the evil dalie, is obviously just an ordinary liar.

This is not just in Tibet but many places on Earth. It was a common theme when one research human societies from past centuries or thousand years.

As far as Tibet is concerned, just less than 60 years ago, until China's peaceful liberation, which ended the corrupt system of slavery of serfdom, symbolized by the evil dalie.

This shows that the evil dalie has been just an ordinary theocratic tyrant and just an ordinary geopolitical puppet, just like many other tyrants and geopolitical puppets in many places on Earth.