Author Topic: Empowerment  (Read 8590 times)

Mooch

Empowerment
« on: December 04, 2007, 02:59:36 PM »

Question: Has anybody heard that the Dorje Shugden Empowerment is only granted to two people at a time? I think I heard this somewhere and wonder if its true. Anybody know a Teacher in L.A. that does this practice that is not NKT?
 THanks

beggar

Re: Empowerment
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 05:05:57 AM »

dear Mooch,
this is a special empowerment called 'life entrustment', which connects us with Dorje Shugden throughout all lives until enlightenment. Lama Zopa describes somewhere how he received it from Kyabje Zong Dorje Chang - there was one person too many in the room and Kyabje Zong Rinpoche said, "Who has bodhicitta?", and immediately Lama Yeshe jumped up and left the fortunate Zopa Rinpoche and the other person to get the empowerment. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso also received this empowerment from HH Zong Rinpoche i've read, but he himself only gives general empowerment, and i don't know who could grant it to you. Maybe some of our friends here will be able to help. Good luck -
yours, beggar

lightning

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 12:18:11 PM »
Heard that this type of Life entrusting empowerment is not to be toyed with especially from Dorje Shugden, Kalarupa and Setrap. Anyway those who taken up this type of special empowerment must be very strict in observing samaya vows.  :o

jeff Ryan

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 02:21:35 PM »
If you investigate you should easily find a Master of our Lineage in LA.

Mooch

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 04:25:16 PM »
Thank-You all. I was mostly interested on info of the empowerment. I don`t think I`m ready for something like that. Yongyal RInpoche lives near L.A. but I think he only teaches to ordained Sangha.

jeff Ryan

• Email
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 07:34:06 PM »
Yongyal rinpoche has very many lay students.

Mooch

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 03:03:39 AM »
How do I get in touch w/ him?

a friend

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 03:52:20 AM »
FROM KYABJE YONGYAL RINPOCHE'S WEBSITE:

Address: 2740 Gallio Avenue, Rowland Heights, CA 91748, USA

¡¡

Email: [email protected]

¡¡

Appointed visiting is welcome.

Vajra

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 08:38:07 PM »
A friend,

do you know the name of KYABJE YONGYAL RINPOCHE'S WEBSITE and if He gives ordinations?

And do you or anyone knows if Kyabje Dagom Rinpoche and Ven. Gonsar Rinpoche give ordinations in Gaden Khachoe Shing/Dagom Gaden Tensung Ling Buddhist Monastery?

Thanks and best

Mooch

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 11:59:54 PM »

I know he give empowerments. I tried to Email his site and Have not heard back. I think he`s been in the Midwest. Let me know if you find anything out. Here is his address: http://ilab.usc.edu/~jianwei/web/chap4.html

a friend

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 04:45:34 AM »
Hi, sorry I don't know if Yongyal Rinpoche gives the empowerment you are looking for, or ordinations. I imagine he does, but probably you need to be a disciple ...   
Yes, he was somewhere in the Midwest or East Coast, he now should probably be back in California, why don't you contact them directly? His attendant is called Norbu.
All the best. a f

DharmaDefender

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 06:06:43 PM »
Just bringing this topic back to the front of the board. Its not two at a time but rather three at a time. The lama manifests as Yamantaka and basically brokers a deal between the student and Protector ;D well not quite but thats how I like to think of it, ha! The Protector promises to watch over the student and the student promises to keep Shugden as his only Protector until enlightenment.

Also read on this thread that Bob Thurman begged for sogtae and didnt get it. Looks like Kyabje Domo Geshe knew better than to give it to Bob and form a commitment he wouldnt be able to keep. Now Bobs the Dalai Lamas number 1 cheerleader. Sour grapes maybe? http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=2440.25