Author Topic: Medicine Buddha Festival  (Read 5043 times)

emptymountains

Medicine Buddha Festival
« on: August 25, 2009, 02:25:31 PM »
Medicine Buddha Festival to be held in Serpom Norling Monastery

The annual Medicine Buddha Festival, one of the most important festivals, will held in Serpom Monastery on Sept 29, 2009, corresponding to the 11 Day of 8 Tibetan Month. 

Hundreds of monks will perform pujas three times a day for a week for the well-being and prosperity of all living beings, and particularly of devotees and well-wishers of the Peace Deity, Dorje Shugden.

The practice of the Medicine Buddha prayers dates back to 18 century. Medicine Buddha (Skt: Bhai?ajyaguru, Ch:Yàosh?fó, Jp. Yakushi) is the Buddha of healing and medicine. As a Bodhisattva, Medicine Buddha made 12 remarkable vows to heal and protect people. He is accompanied by his two attendants, Suryaprabha and Candraprabha.

The prayers of Medicine Buddha (Tib:Sangye Menla) are very powerful for healing physical illness and purifying negativities.  The practice also develops increasing healing powers both for oneself and others.

As the festival is an object of accumulating merit and purifying negativities for all, the public is welcome to take part in the festival by sponsoring Medicine Buddha prayers. Contact the Administrators of Serpom Monastery to make arrangements and donations toward the week-long spiritual event.

Serpom Thoesam Norling Monastery
Bylakuppe 571104,
Mysore, Karnataka, INDIA
Phone: 0091 8223 258759, Fax: 0091 8223 258497

Email:  [email protected], [email protected]

emptymountains

Re: Medicine Buddha Festival
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 09:28:09 PM »

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 02:03:39 AM »
Beautiful monks continuing the sacred tradition of the Gelugpas with hearts of compassion reaching out to the sick and needy through their wonderful prayers:)

What a breath taking sight. would wanna see them during the puja one day.

Look at the huge DS tangkha hanging in the centre of the hall. Hope that it would be mainstream one day for every lucky and fortunate living being.

Homage to the Master of Healing, King of clear light Lapis Lazuli, Arhat, Fully awakened one
I bring my heart and soul
To the healing, to the healing, to the healing, HEAL!

May all those whom have suffered from this ban and suppression be healed by You, my lords of Healing.
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 09:39:01 AM »

Dear Emptymountains,

Thank you so much for posting this information and also the beautiful pictures. For sure their Medicine Buddha prayers are powerful and has great effect. I believe it 100%.

I will send a donation to them today because I read your post and was informed.

TK