Author Topic: Tashi Wangdi sets himself up  (Read 4471 times)

Middleway

Tashi Wangdi sets himself up
« on: May 13, 2010, 12:05:42 PM »
Got a quote from Tashi Wangdi at the following site:

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Dalai_Lama%27s_representative_talks_about_China,_Tibet,_Shugden_and_the_next_Dalai_Lama

None of it is news to us (you've probably already seen this page) and there's hardly any point refuting his lies here, but I thought I'd post it because it is such bare faced lies and so easily evidenced as such I actually found it reassuring!  I've read a lot of anti Shugden stuff this morning (and a lot of vehement anti NKT stuff in particular) and although it washes off me to a great extent now, it still unsettles me because of my aversion to it hurting others.  So reading this stuff which even a child could compare to some of the openly available quotes & vids & conclude to be bare faced lying, gave me some hope!  His words harm, but they will not destroy the lineage.

Quote:

"TW: There’s no suppression! His Holiness made it very clear that according to his own observations over many years—in fact, he himself used to worship Shugden—and over many years of his own experience and observation and investigation, he found that this practice is not according to Buddhist practice. That practice is also bringing in divisions within the Buddhist traditions. The practitioners are attaching more importance than the basic Buddhist practice, and therefore he felt that it’s a practice that he would not approve of and therefore he advised people to not engage in it. But he made it very clear right from the beginning it was up to the individuals. He has a responsibility to explain the negative aspects of it and then it’s up to the individuals to decide on their own. Officially there has never been any repression or denial of rights to practitioners. But after His Holiness’ advice many monastic orders adopted rules and regulations that would not accept practitioners of Shugden worship in their monastic order. The followers have set up their own groups and they are free to function. But it’s in the right of institutions to make their own decisions."