Author Topic: Dalai Lama reveals warning of Chinese plot to kill him  (Read 12111 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Dalai Lama reveals warning of Chinese plot to kill him
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 06:14:01 PM »
This is yet another news story alleging that Dorje Shugden practitioners are complicit in a threat to the Dalai Lama’s life (the red highlight below is mine). All I can say is that I am amazed that all the CTA can accuse Dorje Shugden practitioners of is a murder which firstly, was never proven to be done by Dorje Shugden practitioners, and secondly, this was in 1997. A good 14 years ago. CTA, do you mean to say that Dorje Shugden practitioners who are allegedly devil worshippers and evil beyond belief, have only (allegedly) committed one crime in 14 years? As I have previously said, even if Dorje Shugden practitioners did commit the crime, you cannot tar all Dorje Shugden practitioners with the same brush.

Anyway, since the CTA has put out a press release, I hope international media will pick it up. Dorje Shugden has not received much international press attention recently so please, CTA, do more to promote Dorje Shugden!

Chinese behind threat to Dalai Lama’s life: CTA
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/chinese-behind-threat-to-dalai-lamas-life-cta/951705/
Express news service : Shimla, Mon May 21 2012, 03:29 hrs

Asserting that it was taking reports of death threats to His Holiness The Dalai Lama very seriously, the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) on Sunday accused Chinese intelligence agencies of plotting to assassinate the Tibetan spiritual leader and training agents, particularly women, for the purpose.

In an official release, a spokesman of the CTA said the Chinese were exploring the possibility of harming the Dalai Lama through highly sophisticated drugs and poisonous chemicals. “In a report received in October 201, it is also learnt that Chinese intelligence agencies have stepped up their clandestine efforts to collect intelligence on the status of His Holiness’ health, as well as collecting physical samples of his blood, urine and hair. They are reportedly co-opting Tibetans inside Tibet to visit India with an intention of seeking an audience with him to this end,” the release said.

The CTA claimed that Dorje Shugden Devotees Charitable and Religious Society (DSDCRS), founded in May 1996 with its headquarters in Delhi, was one of the fundamentalist groups planning to harm the Dalai Lama.

The Indian police, it adds, had identified and charged DSDCRS of murdering three monks close to His Holiness, including his Chinese translator in February 1997. A Red Corner Notice was issued by Interpol in June 2007 for the arrest of two of the accused in this case.

“The security of Dalai Lama is a matter of great concern and all such threats should be taken very seriously. As per reports, Tibetan women are being trained to poison him by applying poison to their hair and to traditional greeting scarves,” the release said.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 01:24:43 AM »
Honestly, the Chinese are trying to procure samples? I can’t imagine it being that difficult. Since His Holiness travels extensively, just go clean up his hotel room after he checks out! What’s with all the drama. I think the CTA is just trying to draw attention to His Holiness to drum up sympathetic support. If China wanted to kill the Dalai Lama, they would have done so a long time ago! They definitely have the capability.

Is the Dorje Shugden Devotees Charitable and Religious Society (DSDCRS) backed by China? I haven’t seen any evidence of this. I’m sure if it was true, it would be on the internet somewhere! And how does China ‘back’ them? Financially? I don’t see DSDCRS as particularly rich. Again, their allegations are backed by the fact that the DSDCRS leaders visit China?? It’s illogical. And of course, the ever ready brickbat that Dorje Shugden practitioners are violent. And of course, I ask again. What evidence is there of violence?

'China spying on Dalai Lama's health'
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/China-spying-on-Dalai-Lamas-health/articleshow/13328472.cms
S Gopal Puri, TNN | May 21, 2012, 03.58AM IST

DHARAMSHALA: The Tibetan government-in-exile in Dharamshala on Sunday claimed that China is gathering intelligence on the Dalai Lama's health and secretly trying to procure his blood, hair and urine samples.

The spiritual leader had recently said that Chinese-trained Tibetan women might try to kill him. Acting Tibetan PM Pema Chinjor said China was trying to get a status report on Dalai Lama's health with a view to harm him through sophisticated drugs and chemicals.

"The intelligence reports make it clear that Tibetan women are being trained to harm the Dalai Lama," said Chinjor. The Tibetan government-in-exile also accused an organization, Dorje Shugden Devotees Charitable and Religious Society - founded in 1996 and allegedly responsible for killing three monks close to the Dalai Lama - of conspiring to kill the leader. Chinjor said Shugden supporters were violent and China might use them against the Dalai Lama. "We've reports that this organization is backed by China and its leaders have visited China several times," said Chinjor, adding the Chinese are cultivating Tibetans entering India to harm the leader.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

vajrastorm

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 08:51:30 AM »
My take is that the Dalai Lama's warning of a Chinese plot to assassinate him is a 'red herring'. What he said next has got all my attention.

He said that suspicion of Chinese interference in finding his reincarnation following his death meant  he may be the LAST DALAI LAMA and that TIBETANS COULD DECIDE TO ABANDON THE INSTITUTION. Then he went on to say that a number of young Buddhist monks, including the Karmapa Lama, could emerge as the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism.

I feel the main message here is that, when he passes on, it is likely there will be no succession. Anyone can emerge as a leader. He names the Karmapa but he knows the complications of the issue of two Karmapas and also that the Karmapa is only head of a Kagyu sect. Thus the thrust of his message is that the next leader of Tibetan Buddhism is an open question.

At no time in this speech about the threat to his life did he mention the Dorje Shugden practitioners. His silence on this is to me very significant. Who knows that he may already be paving the way for the big picture to manifest? The future of Tibetan Buddhism will not be derailed, so long as we have the King of Protectors. We must make sure that we promote Shugden hard and fast.   

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 01:23:42 PM »
My take is that the Dalai Lama's warning of a Chinese plot to assassinate him is a 'red herring'. What he said next has got all my attention.

He said that suspicion of Chinese interference in finding his reincarnation following his death meant  he may be the LAST DALAI LAMA and that TIBETANS COULD DECIDE TO ABANDON THE INSTITUTION. Then he went on to say that a number of young Buddhist monks, including the Karmapa Lama, could emerge as the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism.

I feel the main message here is that, when he passes on, it is likely there will be no succession. Anyone can emerge as a leader. He names the Karmapa but he knows the complications of the issue of two Karmapas and also that the Karmapa is only head of a Kagyu sect. Thus the thrust of his message is that the next leader of Tibetan Buddhism is an open question.

At no time in this speech about the threat to his life did he mention the Dorje Shugden practitioners. His silence on this is to me very significant. Who knows that he may already be paving the way for the big picture to manifest? The future of Tibetan Buddhism will not be derailed, so long as we have the King of Protectors. We must make sure that we promote Shugden hard and fast.

Till now, with all the signs, it is very obvious that HHDL is not going to come back to lead the tibetans. He wants Tibet to be independent and not dependent on him forever in so many aspects. Also, this is to take into consideration the broken samaya and also the the Tibetans acting against the wishes of HHDL in so many things throughout the history of Tibet, in addition to the negativities done in his name without his direct consent.

The Karmapas were actually, the secular and spiritual leaders of tibet before the 5th Dalai Lama took over so in a way HHDL is handing back Tibet back to their care. When HHDL does that, the ban will be gone and over as the Karmapa could care less about Dorje Shugden and will even promote him as the 16th Karmapa was a well known supporter of Dorje Shugden and it is only natural for the 17th one  to do the same.

Each tradition's head, except for the nyingmas has once been the temporal leader of Tibet: the Khon family which the Sakya Trinzin descends from is famous for being a royal family that has ruled Tibet before the arrival of the Karmapa, who in turn, ruled Tibet before the 5th Dalai Lama took over. The Karmapa did not rule directly like the 5th Dalai lama but he held a lot of influence over the secular rulers who were but puppets to the Karmapa.

But at this time and age, it is time for Tibet to stop this if they wish to take control of Tibet proper. They should really take care of secular needs so that people can focus more on spiritual work. This should be the way, instead of blindly assuming that whatever actions that HHDL has said is right, they should really consider and think before doing as this is also HHDL's will.

icy

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 09:34:01 AM »
This is the most recent report on the warning of Chinese plot to kill the Dalai Lama:

At a joint news conference held in Dharamsala on May 20, Kalon Pema Chhinjor, Department of Religion and Culture and acting  Kalon Tripa, and Kalon Ngodup Dongchung, Department of Security, said that threats to the  Dalai Lama’s life  are being  taken seriously by security agencies and steps are  being taken to foil any possible  attempts on his life, including through “drugs and poisonous chemicals.”  In a recent   interview with a British newspaper, the   Dalai Lama  said that his security officials received reports from inside Tibet that  Tibetan women were being trained to poison him by applying poison to their hair and to Khatag scarves.  He also mentioned that the concerned security agencies have taken his security very seriously  since his first arrival in India.

The Kalons urged all Tibetans to remain vigilant and alert, and assured the Tibetan public that the protection of the Dalai Lama is a matter of the greatest importance and that all the necessary steps are being taken, and that there was no cause for concern.

icy

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 09:38:11 AM »
This is a more elaborate report on the Chinese attempting on Dalai Lama's life:

Citing “a variety of threats” to the spiritual leader’s life, the KASHAG or cabinet of the government in exile accused China of “making concrete plans to harm His Holiness by employing well-trained agents, particularly females”.

“Chinese intelligence agencies have stepped up their clandestine efforts to collect intelligence on the status of His Holiness’s health, as well as collecting physical samples of his blood, urine and hair,” it said in a statement.
“It is also learnt that they are exploring the possibility of harming him by using ultra-modern and highly sophisticated drugs and poisonous chemicals.” Dongchung Ngodup, minister of security in the cabinet told AFP the government was informed about these threats by sources inside Tibet.
“We have our own intelligence network in Tibet and we received these reports from our sources there,” he said.

He added that officials met with Indian agencies a few days ago to review the Dalai Lama’s security and upgrade safety measures at his temple complex in the north Indian hill town of Dharamshala.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 03:18:48 PM »
Dorje Shugden practitioners are also dharma practitioners, nothing could be worst than killing one's 'enemies' as one's enemies always come back in a form worst than the last. The many illustrious lamas who are proponents of Dorje Shugden are not those who will stick a dagger onto your back, think about it, Domo Geshe and Trijang Rinpoche plotting for the death of Avalokiteshvara no way!

The Karmapa taking over the spiritual head of Tibet might just heal the rift or pave the way for reconciliation between China and the exiled Tibetans, as China does not have a quarrel with the Karmapa. That might just nail it, how skillful is the Dalai Lama.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 02:39:42 AM »
This is a more elaborate report on the Chinese attempting on Dalai Lama's life:

Citing “a variety of threats” to the spiritual leader’s life, the KASHAG or cabinet of the government in exile accused China of “making concrete plans to harm His Holiness by employing well-trained agents, particularly females”.

“Chinese intelligence agencies have stepped up their clandestine efforts to collect intelligence on the status of His Holiness’s health, as well as collecting physical samples of his blood, urine and hair,” it said in a statement.
“It is also learnt that they are exploring the possibility of harming him by using ultra-modern and highly sophisticated drugs and poisonous chemicals.” Dongchung Ngodup, minister of security in the cabinet told AFP the government was informed about these threats by sources inside Tibet.
“We have our own intelligence network in Tibet and we received these reports from our sources there,” he said.

He added that officials met with Indian agencies a few days ago to review the Dalai Lama’s security and upgrade safety measures at his temple complex in the north Indian hill town of Dharamshala.

CTA's paranoia is funny. Their imaginations are so amazing that they could easily write a bestselling novel about the Dalai Lama, from the lies against Dorje Shugden practitioners, to the lies that they say about the Dalai Lama being the leader of the Gelugs, to the people that they inspire to self immolate in Tibet and about HHDL's safety. Why would China want to murder HHDL? If they did the whole world will know that it is China who did it and China has more to lose from the Dalai Lama's death, as opposed to him being alive. Plain simple logic. But oh well...CTA always wants attention from the media but they dont always get it. haha