Author Topic: Shugden Rock Mountain Paintings  (Read 5414 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Shugden Rock Mountain Paintings
« on: October 04, 2010, 09:31:56 PM »
Carving and painting of Shugden in Kham, Tibet.

Spectacular.

tk

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:44:41 PM by tk »

triesa

Re: Shugden Rock Mountain Paintings
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 12:16:23 AM »
Thank you TK for sharing the pictures.

The DS painting on the rock looks huge and spectacular!!!  It must have taken a good number of man hours to paint that. I like the depiction of Lama Tsongkhapa on top of Shugden, showing that DS arised as a Protector for the Gelupa lineage and that the mind streams of DS and Lama Tsongkhapa are in fact one, that of Manjushri.

p.s. I also wonder how the artists and painters do this??

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 03:10:22 AM »
Wow - these are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. This is the first time I've seen the King Dorje Shugden painted on rocks. Are these permanent or temporary? When was it painted? Was it for a special occasion? Apologies for the many questions - i am just curious. I tried to google for more information but with no luck.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

beggar

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 06:24:24 PM »
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing these!

How long ago were these done? Are they quite recent? And if they were, what rejoicing news to hear how BIG (literally) Dorje Shugden practice remains in Tibet (growing outwards to China and the rest of the world too heh heh).

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 08:01:36 PM »
Oh goodness. These photos are SPECTACULAR! I can't really judge how big it is, but it looks like a pretty impressive size!!

I tried googling a search on this carving and didn't find anything :(

If it's in Kham, Tibet it must be in a pretty rural area....if it wasn't, it must either be a pretty old picture or not in a majority public area...I'd think that it'd be destroyed by now if Tibetans saw it. No????

Hmm.

DSFriend

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »
how wonderful! The only huge painted imagary is in the form of a thangka. This is the first time I'm seeing it painted on such a huge piece of rock.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 05:54:20 PM by DSFriend »

Helena

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 06:23:14 AM »
I echo what DS Friend wrote - I have never seen such a huge mural on a rock! And it is of the Supreme Lord Dorje Shugden. How wonderful it is to be 'embossed' in any environment to bless the whole surrounding and the people of the area!

I truly rejoice!
Helena