Author Topic: New Forum on Tibetan Buddhism  (Read 6312 times)

lightning

New Forum on Tibetan Buddhism
« on: October 25, 2010, 03:35:35 AM »
Dear Moderator and all,
Since we have a forum for Dorje Shugden and has been successfully established for quite sometime. I feel that it will be a good idea to establish another forum just for the General Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism and Gelugpa teachings. Every time some of us venture into the other forum, we will bump into sensitive issues and have to carefully thread the thin ice. It will be best to have a moderator who is impartial to handle a General Buddhism forum or a Gelugpa teachings forum, so that we will be able to share information without biased restriction and the newcomers will benefit and lead them to become Buddhists. By having such forum, we will also be sharing more topics on teachings, Lineage masters stories, information etc. Please kindly consider this proposal and give advice. Thank you and Tashi Delek!

Best Regards,
Lightning
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:39:50 AM by lightning »

Mana

Re: New Forum on Tibetan Buddhism
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 02:24:37 AM »
This an excellent idea. We have considered this in the past long ago.

We have an issue with this: To Find Good UNBIASED moderators.

Some of the moderators we had in the past GET CAUGHT UP WITH THE DISCUSSIONS, TAKE IT PERSONAL AND JUST 'QUIT'. That is not a good for long term.

We are Buddhists, and no matter how different our views are, acceptance/respect are the essence. We must continue our work here. It is for a greater cause. We should not personalize.

Our Moderators must be in line with our mission statement. This was put forth from day one of this website's inception.

We have put much time, energy, finances, field work and research into this website. We do not receive any compensation or salary as we do it for the devotion of Dorje Shugden, but even from within the Dorje Shugden practitioner we recieve such harsh criticism that is unnecessary. Also threatening to start other forums or leave. That is COMPLETELY OK with us as the more Dorje Shugden forums, the better to spread the message. But are other people willing to spend the time, money, energy and field work that we put into it? Having one powerful forum platform to spread the practice of Dorje Shugden would be practical from the side of time, finances and research.

So starting another section of this space for TIBETAN BUDDHISM IS VERY ATTRACTIVE AND THE RIGHT DIRECTION, but moderators are the key. That part is not fulfilled  at this time.

Mana

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:31:56 AM by Admin »

lightning

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 12:33:32 PM »
As long as we do not have supra mundane attainments, we tend to err. As long as one learn along from mistakes and progress, it should be fine. Honestly, I felt that the moderators here have been doing a very good job. Some may feel that it is unnecessary, but I felt that we should expand our focus to a more diversified forum for a greater picture and greater benefit for all future participating members. I felt that the moderators here can do it and that PART is fulfilled, but just lack of confidence. 

DSFriend

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 04:43:51 AM »
Dear Lightning
Thank you for requesting to have a new discussion board. We now have a General Buddhism board!

So do head on over to this board and start posting. I am looking forward to all the contributions from our forum posters! Please keep to the house rules as our webmaster has so kindly opened this board.

Thank you dear Webmaster.

lightning

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 03:14:24 PM »
Dear Lightning
Thank you for requesting to have a new discussion board. We now have a General Buddhism board!

So do head on over to this board and start posting. I am looking forward to all the contributions from our forum posters! Please keep to the house rules as our webmaster has so kindly opened this board.

Dear DS Friend Moderator,

Thank you very much for putting up the board, I hope that in future more information on teachings and practises will be prevalent.  :D

DSFriend

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 06:31:03 AM »
Dear Lightning

Dear DS Friend Moderator,

Thank you very much for putting up the board, I hope that in future more information on teachings and practises will be prevalent.  :D

Dear Lightning
It's our kind webmaster who put up the new board. I am fortunate to be one of the moderator and aspire to be unbiased in moderating the board with the wish that we will have more information on teachings and practices.

cheers
DSfriend

beggar

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 03:21:14 PM »
Thank you to the website admin for adding this new board!

And LIGHTNING: Thank you to you too for making this suggestion. It is very encouraging to see such positive suggestions being made on this forum to improve it for many more people who will come by and read.I know the admin have always been open new and positive ways to bring this website to more people.

Onward!

yours, beggar

lightning

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 04:53:50 PM »
Thank you to the website admin for adding this new board!

And LIGHTNING: Thank you to you too for making this suggestion. It is very encouraging to see such positive suggestions being made on this forum to improve it for many more people who will come by and read.I know the admin have always been open new and positive ways to bring this website to more people.

Onward!

yours, beggar
I been think of these very long and finally saw the need and the potential to implement. There are so many Dharma topics that we dwell on for examples the our individual experiences on how to practise real Bodhicitta, what kind of functions of yidams that can be perform and there are many rare yidam empowerment, other protector practise such as Palden Lhamo. How to get rich by Vaisravana practise ;D, Mahamudras, Guru Yoga, Hundred Yidams in Tusita Heaven etc.

DSFriend

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 06:46:37 AM »
@lightning
I hear you! I am also "greedy" to learn more :)