Author Topic: See monks being forced to swear in!  (Read 14025 times)

Gabby Potter

Re: See monks being forced to swear in!
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 03:34:35 PM »
This is what they call religious freedom?! How is this religious freedom when someone is forced to abandon their original practise? This is not anything close to freedom of religion. As for the monks who insisted on not to swear in, they were thrown out of their monasteries and when this happens, it's almost like they are thrown out of their homes, can you imagine that? All of this is because they practise Dorje Shugden??

prodorjeshugden

• Email
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2015, 02:04:58 PM »
It is sad to see that these monks are forced to swear that they are not going to practice Dorje Shugden.
Of course the Tibetan government would say this is religious freedom. But it is exactly the opposite as these monks always face danger and persecution which just isn't right. All people should have freedom to do whatever they want and not be tied down.
I really hope that these nasty actions stop soon as it is really disrespectful.

kris

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2015, 06:07:12 PM »
I have watch this video quite awhile ago, and watching it again still bring so much pain. It is really sad to see that sangha members are against each other due to political reasons. It would be very touching and soothing to see all the lamas, sangha, practitioners are just at peace with each other without all the ban.

Peace within and outwardly, isn't that what we all wanted? Therefore it is very urgent to end/lift the ban.

Shugdener

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2015, 08:02:49 AM »
Watching this video and seeing the hundreds of monks first being lectured by some lay government officials about the so called negativities of Dorje Shugden and then being forced to swear against the practice of Dorje Shugden, it really makes my blood boil.

How can a lay government official lecture the monks on the "negativities" of Dorje Shugden? How can some one who is lower than the monks of Gaden be allowed to lecture someone they should be paying respects to? Shouldn't it be the other way round?

What happened to these monks freedom to practice their religion and to worship what Buddha they want?

How can a government do this? This kind of action is really inhumane and it is really sad to see the hundreds of monks having to go through this.

James Bond

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2015, 04:52:01 AM »
This is so wrong, so very very wrong. I cannot believe this is happening in our time. People, especially monks should have the right to believe in whatever religion or deity they want to. Religious freedom must be available for everyone in all parts of the world.

And i am not just saying this because i am a Dorje Shugden supporter, i am saying this because i know its the right thing. No matter what religion you may belong to, you have the rights to worship your gods or deities. You have the right to believe in anything you want to believe in. My guru once told me, if someone wanted to worship a cup, they can go ahead and worship a cup. It is their choice. Nobody should affect what they want to do.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2015, 09:23:52 AM »
First of all Monks are not supposed to swear but are ordained with their vows.  There is no such ritual as Monks swearing in process, like politicians are sworn in with their oath of office.  There is a big difference being ordained with vows and being sworn in with oaths of duties.

This very basic process will invalidate the swearing in process.  I hope that the innocent and pure monks know that and continue their practice of Dorje Shugden in order to uphold the doctrine to teach when the ban is lifted.

I am beginning to think that the stopping of DS practice by the Monastic is to eliminate the progressive study by monks to continue preservation and teaching of DS lineage.  Such a shame but must say much malice is done.