Author Topic: CHINA SAYS DALAI LAMA HAS TO REINCARNATE  (Read 11637 times)

beggar

Re: CHINA SAYS DALAI LAMA HAS TO REINCARNATE
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 05:56:15 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if after the Dalai Lama's passing, China was to select a Dalai Lama incarnation who would be a Shugden practitioner. This would reinforce China's control over any remnants of the TGIE.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the Dalai Lama deliberately incarnates into the very child the Chinese would pick! That would be the supreme irony!

I agree with you there WB. Well said.

This whole thing seems quite ridiculous - the archetypal fight between man and god, with man trying to win over the gods. The Chinese, the Tibetans and all that can choose as much as they want and exercise as much control as they want to. Ultimately, the Buddhas will choose to reincarnate wherever they will be of most benefit. The Dalai Lama, as an emanation of Chenrezig, is surely more able to "control" this situation as a whole than any government, Chinese or not! The joke will be on all of them. Whether there is just one recognised incarnation, or several, what's not to say that they are all emanations of Dalai Lama, manifesting in various places, various times, various guises to serve what is necessary in that time/place/culture.

Or perhaps it really is not beneficial for Dalai Lama to manifest back in the form as a Dalai Lama in his next incarnation - perhaps the politics will take its own course without the physical actual presence of the Buddhas and Dalai Lama. Perhaps there may be lessons that will be learnt (by China? By Tibetans? By the world?) from recognising a "false" incarnation.

Either way, there we go trying to prove that man is more superior than "god", one step ahead of "god", clever than "god". Really, the joke is on them.

pgdharma

Re: CHINA SAYS DALAI LAMA HAS TO REINCARNATE
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 03:23:27 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if after the Dalai Lama's passing, China was to select a Dalai Lama incarnation who would be a Shugden practitioner. This would reinforce China's control over any remnants of the TGIE.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the Dalai Lama deliberately incarnates into the very child the Chinese would pick! That would be the supreme irony!
Well thought out. It may happened this way as the Dalai Lama can control his rebirth and may incarnates in any ways  he feels will be most beneficial.