Author Topic: Dalai Lama taking over FPMT  (Read 13751 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Dalai Lama taking over FPMT
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 08:36:14 AM »
I think this situation is quite ridiculous. So Lama Zopa decides to abolish the practice of Shugden in the FPMT centres and those who upheld Lama Yeshe's practice of Shugden left. That should not mean that the students who remained should give up their allegiance to Lama Zopa! Neither does it mean that FPMT has become the Dalai Lama's centre!
They did not left, they were kicked out of their spiritual home by people who took over the organization because suddenly, the Dharma protector that their Guru gave them is an illegal one and that they now no longer belong to the place that they once called their spiritual home. How horrible and wrong this is on so many levels!

Those who are still in FPMT today should uphold Lama Zopa as their spiritual guide and root guru, and accept no other unless it comes from Lama Zopa's mouth. If someone comes along and tries to usurp that position and take control of FPMT, they should not accept it. Whether it is the Dalai Lama, or someone else, why betray your root guru? To be politically correct? I don't think so.
Sadly, most of these people believe in rime, and by rime they mean accepting whatever it is that comes out from the mouths of whatever holy lamas that are in town. Even if they are not Gelug lamas. So there you go: Guru devotion for you in FPMT.

And don't forget, the people of FPMT are so fortunate that their founder Lama Yeshe decided to reincarnate and be found. Lama Osel is alive and well today, and his whereabouts are not unknown. If I were an FPMT student, I would follow Lama Zopa to the end, and when he enters clear light, I would seek out Lama Osel and appeal to jm to resume his rightful place at the head of FPMT. Lama Yeshe returned for a reason, why let that go to waste?
Lama Osel is in spain, manifesting in a way where FPMT can no longer benefit from his teachings. I dont think Lama Osel will return. Being political and breaking samaya repeatedly has its consequences, why would he want to go back to a place where the students went against his practices?

Just see here for a in depth explanation of the situation between Lama Osel, Lama Zopa and FPMT. Isn't it clear enough? http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/fpmt-for-breaking-away-from-their-guru-and-lineage-this-is-the-result/

FPMT has a long history with Dorje Shugden and strong ties to his practice. New FPMT members may not know it, but the old ones sure do. They would do well not to ignore it. After all, it was Dorje Shugden who recognized Lama Zopa (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/fpmt-for-breaking-away-from-their-guru-and-lineage-this-is-the-result/)
The main reason for FPMT's growth is one thing alone: Dorje Shugden. If it was not for Dorje Shugden, FPMT would not have grown at all. Ever since Dorje Shugden was denounced by them, FPMT centers worldwide have stagnated, and there is no news at all of any new FPMT centers opening anywhere. Is the results not clear enough?

As much as we want to believe in the ideal situation of how things should be, the reality is that FPMT students are not holding their Guru samaya, and a direct result of that is that Lama Osel left them, and FPMT degenerating and stagnating. Perhaps, those involved feel like they have their right to choose their Guru, and their Lama should not have a say on it, and that their real Guru is the Dalai Lama who also took up many Gurus, so there is no point following Lama Zopa since the Dalai Lama is of a higher rank.

diablo1974

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 02:32:05 AM »
I didmt know about this, look like its true. By the way, is Dalai Lama throne title similar to the Pope in the catholic faith? If so, i do not know the real reason for Lama zopa to offer fpmt to the DL. For his health reasons? To unite against the DS practitioner?  Nevetheless, even before fpmt is handed over to the DL, fpmt centres are anti-ds diehard fans, you can see on all their events application forms with a declaration statement on all Ds practitioners are not allowed in the premises.

Big Uncle

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 07:49:40 AM »
I didmt know about this, look like its true. By the way, is Dalai Lama throne title similar to the Pope in the catholic faith? If so, i do not know the real reason for Lama zopa to offer fpmt to the DL. For his health reasons? To unite against the DS practitioner?  Nevetheless, even before fpmt is handed over to the DL, fpmt centres are anti-ds diehard fans, you can see on all their events application forms with a declaration statement on all Ds practitioners are not allowed in the premises.

You know what is sad. FPMT by right, should be lead by the incarnation of Lama Yeshe and that is Lama Osel. Unfortunately, this highly attained master has manifested as a lay practitioner that is uninterested in heading the organizations. Some say that is because of the broken samaya committed by senior students with samaya to Lama Yeshe, who propitiated Dorje Shugden in the past, that is why Lama Osel is not with FPMT. I wonder when the ban gets lifted and FPMT resumes propitiation of Dorje Shugden, would that have any effect on Lama Osel. Would he finally return to FPMT. That would be fantastic because FPTM does have quite a number of centers all over the Western world.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 04:17:51 PM »

You know what is sad. FPMT by right, should be lead by the incarnation of Lama Yeshe and that is Lama Osel. Unfortunately, this highly attained master has manifested as a lay practitioner that is uninterested in heading the organizations. Some say that is because of the broken samaya committed by senior students with samaya to Lama Yeshe, who propitiated Dorje Shugden in the past, that is why Lama Osel is not with FPMT. I wonder when the ban gets lifted and FPMT resumes propitiation of Dorje Shugden, would that have any effect on Lama Osel. Would he finally return to FPMT. That would be fantastic because FPTM does have quite a number of centers all over the Western world.

I dont think so even if the ban is lifted, Lama Osel will return because the samaya is already broken and the gap between the teacher and the student is very wide. It will take a lot of effort to overturn the fanaticism and the schism that FPMT has created. Lama Zopa offered FPMT up to the Dalai Lama the moment he declared that Dorje Shugden be outlawed from FPMT. There is no question about that. And I can understand why he did what he did: because most of his students were already breaking their samaya en masse by allowing the Dalai Lama's instructions to override Lama Zopa's instructions. How can anyone allow anyone to override their Guru's instructions so easily? When the ban is lifted, FPMT's credibility will be destroyed to the point where it can never be repaired, and it will cause a lot of pain and heartache to everyone that is involved with FPMT. It will not survive. By then, Lama Zopa would also have distanced himself from FPMT to the point that there is no more connection between him and FPMT. FPMT must mend their samaya before the ban is lifted if things are to heal.

At this rate, it would be too difficult for anyone to reverse the ban and hatred on Dorje Shugden in FPMT centers. The sad part is, most of the people who are against the ban dont even know the real reason behind it and neither do they know who Dorje Shugden really is. By the time the ban is lifted, people will know how stupid they are, and whatever credibility they have will be lost as people will see how stupid they are to criticize something they did not know in the first place.