Author Topic: The Dalai Lama calls meeting of Tibetan religious heads  (Read 3713 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
The Dalai Lama calls meeting of Tibetan religious heads
« on: September 07, 2011, 03:42:26 PM »
I wonder if the Dalai Lama will bring up the Shugden issue during this meeting. it will be interesting to see...

The Dalai Lama calls meeting of Tibetan religious heads

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 10:46]
By Tendar Tsering

DHARAMSHALA, September 6: The 11th meeting of Tibetan religious heads has been scheduled for September here in Dharamshala, the exile seat of Tibetans under guidance from the private office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

The three-day meeting is being closely watched after the Tibetan spiritual leader told reporters in Europe that the September meeting of Tibetan religious head will hold discussions on the issue of his reincarnation.

"I will discuss about the reincarnation with my Buddhist heads in September," the Dalai Lama said in response to a question from a reporter in Europe last month.

When asked, Secretary of the Department of Religion and Culture of the Central Tibetan Administration, Ngawang Choedak did not comment on the reincarnation issue but said that the conference will discuss nine main issues regarding Tibetan Buddhism.

"Among other issues, the conference will hold discussions on ways of introducing scientific studies in Tibetan Buddhist institutes and monasteries," the secretary said.

Choedak also said that the upcoming meeting will deliberate on the Geshema degree.

"The meeting will also discuss on the required steps for the honouring of geshema degree (Buddhist doctorate degree equivalent to PhD) to the nuns," Choedak added.

Representatives and heads of Buddhist from the four schools of Tibetan Buddhism and Bon religion will attend the high-level conference.

Representatives from the Himalayan Buddhist region and Kalmyk Buddhists are also said to be participating for the first time.

The tenth Buddhist religious meeting was held at the private residence of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Dharamshala on March 8, 2009.

Source: http://phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=29966&article=The+Dalai+Lama+calls+meeting+of+Tibetan+religious+heads
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DharmaSpace

Re: The Dalai Lama calls meeting of Tibetan religious heads
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 05:19:10 PM »
Hi WB,
Has this happened before in Tibetan History the meeting of Dalai Lama with other Tibetan religious heads? 
Interesting times.