Author Topic: Visiting in Kundeling Monastery  (Read 8892 times)

dsiluvu

Visiting in Kundeling Monastery
« on: January 14, 2013, 05:17:10 PM »
I just got this pictures of Zawa Tulku's album... how nice to see Kundeling Rinpoche healthy and well and a long life puja being done and request for him to turn the wheel of Dharma here.... enjoy!

dsiluvu

Re: Visiting in Kundeling Monastery
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 05:18:57 PM »
More pictures.... how humbling to see H.E. Kundeling Rinpoche eating amongst the lay people  ;)

Zach

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:00:55 AM »
Kundeling Rinpoche is renowned as very wise and compassionate an exemplary Dharma teacher indeed.

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 01:42:42 PM »
Beautiful pictures! Thank you Kundeling Rinpoche for accepting to continue to turn the Dharma wheel. I was told a Lama has a choice to reject the offering of long life puja if he was to enter clear light soon. So this means Kundeling Rinpoche is here to stay!

I enjoy Kundeling Rinpoche's talks very much. He is very candid yet firm in the things he says. Check out this video of him being interviewed. http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1882.0

beggar

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 05:30:58 PM »
There's been such great news recently of many long life pujas being offered to these lamas - so much to rejoice in and I am happy to hear that such a powerful lama, who has spoken so passionately for Dorje Shugden and upheld the practice in the face of so much threat against him, has accepted this puja to live long. The world needs many more warriors like him.

There are other controversies regarding Kundeling Rinpoche - yet another case of there being two Kundeling Rinpoches, where one is acknowledged by the Tibetan "authorities" and one isn't (the one in these photos, unfortunately). But the one who has been "kicked out" used to reside in Drepung Monastery along with all the other accepted and respected monks. Because of the Dorje Shugden issue, he is suddenly no longer "kosher" or clean and has had to leave. So which is it? Is he "legit" or isn't he? If it's up to the CTA to decide, then we question: what right does a secular body have to interfere in the spiritual affairs of a monastery? If it's not the CTA, but the Dalai Lama to decide, then we question: if this was not the right Kundeling in the first place, then why did the Dalai Lama and other high lamas of Drepung allow him to reside, study, teach and even be recognised as a Rinpoche in Drepung? Is the Dalai Lama and ALL the lamas of Drepung of such a base level of realization and understanding that they cannot even tell if a Rinpoche is a real Rinpoche? There are contradictions whichever way you look at it.

Either way, Kundeling has been a courageous voice for thousands of Shugden practitioners, brave enough to speak up for a group of people who have no means of doing so. He maintains a very low and humble profile today - I suppose he'd have to since he continues to live in India, right in the heart of the controversy. But in doing so, he proves as ever the resilience patience and determination of a Dorje Shugden practitioner.

Q

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »
Wow! Thank you for sharing this beautiful pictures of Kundeling Rinpoche. He is one of my favorite DS lama apart from Trijang Rinpoche hehe.

@Begger, thank you for the explanation about the presence of two Kundeling Rinpoche being recognized but only one was recognized by the Tibetan authorities. We all know for a fact that the one and true Kundeling Rinpoche is the one which was oust due to his strong devotion to DS and outright protest towards the ban. Hehe... one of the reasons I'm like Kundeling Rinpoche so much.

I truly admire Kundeling Rinpoche for going through so much difficulties due to the DS ban and yet remained firm. I have read before that only great high lamas would go through all of these difficulties and never give up the practice of DS, for their trust in DS is so strong, not even death threats will waver them from their practice.

I have watched the video that Tsangpakarpo posted on the link twice before. Watching that video was the first time I got to know about Kundeling Rinpoche. Truly an amazing and sincere Lama. His sharpness, intelligence and excellent manner of putting the point across for all to understand is amazing. Along with Him revealing the truth plainly. This video must be watched by everyone if they want to know the ban with more details and in depth.

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 04:43:22 AM »
I heard that Kundeling Rinpoche is not an ordinary Tulku but quite a high-ranking incarnation in Tibet. He was so well-respected that traditionally, his line of incarnation was chosen to be the Regent of Tibet in between incarnations of the Dalai Lamas. There are 4 great lines of incarnations that are well-known to be handpicked and they are Kundeling, Demoling, Tsemoling and Tengyeling lines of incarnations. This shows you how respected his line of incarnations were back in Tibet.

However, the Kundeling Rinpoche is controversial because he has gone against the Dorje Shugden ban and openly speaks against the Dalai Lama about this aspect. Therefore, I heard that recognition of the 13th Kundeling Tatsak Rinpoche is in dispute.

- Lobsang Yeshi Jampal Gyatso (born 1959 in Kolkata), who is not officially recognized by the Dalai Lama. (the Lama in this picture)

- Tenzin Chokyi Gyaltsen (born 1983 in Lhasa), officially recognized by the Dalai Lama in 1993. Presently he studies at Drepung Gomang Monastery in Mundgod, India.

I heard that this Kundeling Rinpoche was recognized by Dorje Shugden and Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche so he is the indisputable incarnation. I am not sure about the other incarnation but could very well be an emanation for all we know. That's all I know of Kundeling Rinpoche. 

Positive Change

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 05:48:10 PM »
I have found some more pictures of Kundeling Rinpoche albiet from 2 years back. It is interesting to note that there is not much information online for Kundeling Rinpoche with the exception from this site: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/great-masters/recent-masters/13th-kundeling-rinpoche-tagtsha-jetung-rinpoche/

Pictures from: http://www.tashi-choeling.de/besuchsept2010.html

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 10:05:11 AM »
Kundeling Rinpoche has been very outspoken against the Dorje Shugdrn ban, comparing the persecution of Shugdenpas with the persecution of the Jews. And in many ways he is right considering that the ban had no logical and spiritual basis but was borne out of an opinion of a single person.  The Tibetan intelligence agency classify Kundeling Rinpoche as a Chinese sympathiser just because he has been to China a couple of times and yet the same agency belonging to the CTA is fine with the likes of Tai Situpa Rinpoche, whom the Indian government have been investigating for his  deep links with China, even to the point of getting China to recognize and support his candidate Ogyen Trinley as the 17th Karmapa. The double standards practiced by the CTA is extremely blatant. Someone like Kundeling Rinpoche who stays back with the Tibetan refugees is treated like an outcast while another Rinpoche with clear links with China is befriended. It doesn't make much sense at all. And the only reason the CTA is treating Kundeling Rinpoche this way is because of his Shugden practice and his courage to speak against the CTA's wrongdoing.

Despite having lost the Kundeling Ladrang and another candidate enthroned in his place, Kundeling Rinpoche has been able to rebuild his centre and and following. This itself shows his authenticity as a great Buddhist master because it does not matter what circumstances they are forced into, they will always rise up like a lotus from the mud.

The case of Kundeling Rinpoche and the way he was ousted, is yet another good example of how the Tibetan government is doing all it can, whether consciously or otherwise, to destroy the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. However, I am very glad that Kundeling Rinpoche has not allowed the CTA to get the better of him and to me he clearly has the blessing of Dorje Shugden to continue to turn the wheel of Dharma.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 06:53:12 PM »
Kundeling Rinpoche who has kicked out of the monastery could have just taken the easy way out and not carry on practicing but he chose to take the harder road by carrying on. Despite so much problems given to him by CTA and their henchmen and losing the ladrang he managed to rebuild once again.

He reminds me of the ministers of old in Chinese stories, sometimes when a new emperor or king takes power the wise ministers who knows that perhaps the king or emperor will not have the same thoughts or ideas as the ministers will choose to resign and go into exile or away from the power centers. Yet because these wise ministers have learnt how to be successful, wherever they go next they will be successful. Just like how Kundeling Rinpoche has shown despite being thrown out he can still create success within dharma as he knows the secret to success.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 05:27:34 PM »
The thing that really touches me about Kundeling Rinpoche is that Rinpoche really exudes the teachings of Compassion and wisdom altogether. When you look at Rinpoche's smile, there's not even an iota of hate on his face when we talk about the Dorje Shugden ban.

Also another thing to note is that Rinpoche's monastery is really simple and grand at the same time which makes it very humbling to know that with hardships and financial difficulty, Rinpoche still persists on with his devotion to his Guru is unwavering and his faith in the protector really inspires other people to want to embrace his teachings!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 05:52:22 PM »
@vajratruth

Yeah Kundeling Rinpoche is known to be VERY outspoken about the ban, and directly speaks out against His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

When the ban was enforced, there were lamas who chose to be pro Dalai Lama and swore out against Dorje Shugden - then there were lamas who separated from their mother monastery and moved to a pro-DS one - then there were those who chose to remain quiet and didn't pick either sides.

Kundeling Rinpoche is one who not only broke away, but spoke out very strongly against it. For those who haven't yet seen this article, check it out: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/controversy/videos-controversy/kundeling-rinpoche-speaks-about-dorje-shugden-and-the-dalai-lama/

These are some of Kundeling Rinpoche's words against HHDL :O

"I approve the Chinese presence in Tibet. What we are living with the Dalai Lama today shows how authoritarian his theocratic regime must have been in the past. It was much more violent than what Tibetans are living today under Chinese rule...If we had to live with him (The Dalai Lama), we could have possibly been crucified."

I don't know about you... but I rather remain quiet and practice! What if His Holiness the Dalai Lama banned DS for the bigger picture, and yet I spoke out so strongly. I will surely go straight to Avici!

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 01:43:35 PM »
Thanks dsiluvu for the photographs of Kundeling Rinpoche and also the great news that Rinpoche has accepted the offering of the long life puja for him. May Rinpoche continue to turn the dharma wheel for a very long time to benefit countless beings. Even with the ban on the practice by HH Dalai Lama and oppressions on Dorje Shugden practioners, Kundeling Rinpoche is one of the few high lamas who spoke out openly against the ban. He gave very clear explanations on why the ban was imposed and how it affected so many people. May more people attain his level of wisdom to realize Dorje Shugden is not the obstacle to the independence of Tibet. And may many more courageous high lamas like Kundeling Rinpoche live long to spread the dharma.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 09:53:14 AM »
If this is the same Kundeling that try to take HHDL to court then he has next to no friends within the Tibetan community. Imagine he can do such a thing. Of course the Indian High Courts threw that one out. To think HHDL can be taken to court is absurd.

Kundeling's work is not going to grow much as it has not much support anywhere due to his militant stance against HHDL. He is allowed his opinions, but not take HHDL to court. I mean HHDL's people can take other Shugden people to court too for inciting violence and all that. Can take Kundeling to court for defamation also. But HHDL is compassionate.

I don't see Shugden people doing anything much. Just teaching dharma is not enough. They don't do social work, they don't get involved with the community, they choose Shugden over everything else that is important in the community. There are so little websites (upkept) and and organizations to Shugden which means his 'practice' is dying out and fading from the radar. :-[ Just google and see. If you say teaching is enough, then who has taught to more than HHDL? No one.

Shugden people just talk about Shugden and nothing else. Doesn't seem right to me.  :(

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 10:44:33 AM »
If this is the same Kundeling that try to take HHDL to court then he has next to no friends within the Tibetan community. Imagine he can do such a thing. Of course the Indian High Courts threw that one out. To think HHDL can be taken to court is absurd.

Kundeling's work is not going to grow much as it has not much support anywhere due to his militant stance against HHDL. He is allowed his opinions, but not take HHDL to court. I mean HHDL's people can take other Shugden people to court too for inciting violence and all that. Can take Kundeling to court for defamation also. But HHDL is compassionate.

I don't see Shugden people doing anything much. Just teaching dharma is not enough. They don't do social work, they don't get involved with the community, they choose Shugden over everything else that is important in the community. There are so little websites (upkept) and and organizations to Shugden which means his 'practice' is dying out and fading from the radar. :-[ Just google and see. If you say teaching is enough, then who has taught to more than HHDL? No one.

Shugden people just talk about Shugden and nothing else. Doesn't seem right to me.  :(

There are many websites around that do talk about Dorje Shugden, but what matters most is his practice. There are many people in China and Tibet that practice Dorje Shugden, not to mention in NKT centers around the world (there are over 1000 of them) and obviously all of these go under the radar. There is also Serkong Tritul's organization which is HUGE in the Chinese speaking world, way bigger than CTA could ever achieve. If you ask me, the amount of Dorje Shugden Gelugs is the same as non Dorje Shugden Gelugs. Followers of the Dalai Lama may not be Gelug, so lets not take that into account :)