Author Topic: Nice Thangka of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso  (Read 4667 times)

DharmaSpace

Nice Thangka of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
« on: October 29, 2011, 07:26:13 AM »
I found this on Facebook someone's page and I thought this was a beautiful thank to share about Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.

Is the thangka mass produced for NKT members? Feel inspired looking at the thangka.

Zach

Re: Nice Thangka of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 11:42:45 AM »
Its a very nice Thangka pic but no its not mass produced I think that was a private request perhapes in the future it may join the Tharpa art work :)

vajralight

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 01:07:35 PM »
It is a beautiful thangka, thank you for sharing this. I also love this oilpainting of Geshe-la.

http://www.tharpa.com/us/art-Fine.Art.Painting.of.Geshe.Kelsang.Gyatso-2300.html

detail:

http://www.tharpa.com/us/art-Close-up.of.Fine.Art.Painting.of.Geshe.Kelsang.Gyatso-2307.html

(I don't know how to embed, sorry.)

saddhu

vajra

whitelion

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 06:57:49 PM »
This is a very nice thangkha the color is modern, it doesn't look complicated even though a lot of details are on it. I like the DS on the right bottom corner, it's small but very look alive. But I would love it more if the painter could paint it look like the current Geshe-la. Maybe this thangkha is based on how Geshe-la look when he was much younger.

But do we need permission to paint a thangkha or made a statue of our lama when he is alive ? Is it common ? If request is needed, when is the best time to request? and what is the benefit of having our guru thangkha or image on our altar ? And who will decide what implement or hand gesture should the thangkha or statue look like ?

PS: like the simplicity of the altar set up. Thumb up

happysun

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 07:24:48 PM »
Wah, I like this thangka very much. It is very beautiful and so amazing.  :)

gohdi

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 10:37:51 PM »
Hi, this thangka is beautiful. My question: What is the reason that you can say this is a thangka of Venerable Geshe'la?
Regards
Gohdi

DharmaSpace

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 03:37:31 PM »
@gohdi i saw it on someone's facebook.

It is very auspicious to make a thangka of one's lama right as far as I know.  What other reasons would we make  a thangka of our lama? 

Gabby Potter

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 12:12:49 PM »
Wow I love this thangka! It's very beautifully drawn, very detailed. Thank you so much for sharing, the thangka looks almost alive :)

christine V

• Email
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 03:40:51 PM »
Thanks for sharing this Thangka Dharmaspace. Beautiful