Author Topic: Khensur Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup Rigsel (1941-2011)  (Read 4008 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Khensur Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup Rigsel (1941-2011)
« on: October 06, 2011, 04:28:12 AM »
This is a photo of Khensur Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup and Lama Zopa. Below is a brief biography of someone who would have been a Dorje Shugden practitioner. With the ban, I wonder if he continued practising privately Dorje Shugden, which was definitely practised by Lama Yeshe, Geshe Rabten and Lama Zopa.

LAMA LHUNDRUP ON EMPTINESS: "Even the very smallest pleasure is in the nature of suffering. If I have to go to the hell realms, may I be able to take on all their suffering; may it ripen on me." - Khensur Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup (On 9.7.11, Lama Lhundrup began what would be his final conversation with Lama Zopa Rinpoche, with these words, in English: "I don't exist.")

Khen Rinpoche, Lama Lhundrup Rigsel (1941-2011) was born in Tibet to a poor peasant family. He joined Sera Monastery while still a boy, and in 1959, fled from the Chinese invasion to India. In Buxa, the refugee camp in Northern India where many of the monks were sent by the Indian government, he met Lamas Yeshe and Zopa Rinpoche, and studied with many great masters such as Geshe Rabten and others.

In the late Sixties, he was sent by the Abbot of the exiled Sera Monastery to South India, to start clearing land for the new monastery. In 1972, he was called to Nepal's Kopan Monastery by Lama Yeshe, to teach philosophy to the Kopan monks for three months. The rest is history.

For the next 39 years, Lama Lhundrup was abbot of Kopan, taking care of the ever-growing group of monks and nuns, bringing alive Lamas Yeshe and Zopa Rinpoche's vision for Kopan. Up til his passing, Khen Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup taught classes every day, gave advice to visitors and foreigners and was available for each and every sentient being.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DharmaSpace

Re: Khensur Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup Rigsel (1941-2011)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 12:36:41 AM »
Lama Yeshe was one of the greatest lamas in the twentieth century for his ability to connect easily with Western students.
If you check out the link below it, Lama Yeshe shared Dorje Sugden with everyone as he saw the benefits of the practice in helping the beings of the degenerate age.
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/index.php?s=shugden+kopan&paged=3

How can anyone turn their backs on the very protector who helped them grow or even recognised them as a reincarnate lama.

That aside true dharma practitioners have a lot of courage to take on the suffering of others, it shows their altruism shining through.