Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 7765 times)

Phuntsok

• Email
Thank You
« on: December 29, 2007, 03:58:19 AM »
Thank you very much for creating this website. I don't mean just thank you for protecting the Dharmapala practice, but for protecting the purity of Je Tsongkhapa's tradition. Dorje Shugden protects Je Tsongkhapa's tradition by subduing obstacles. Just like in a country, the border patrol would function to keep the country safe, so does the function of a Dharmapala  is to keep Dharma free from obstacles, helping to keep Dharma pure...thus, us practitioners are automatically protected. Remember that Dorje Shugden is already enlightened, thus he doesn't need us to protect him. However, since we wish to attain enlightenment for the benefit of others, we need his protection, so that Dharma may flourish in all. Thanks again and I wish and pray for harmony amongst all Dharma practitioners to prevail again.
Geshe Lobsang Phuntsok

a friend

Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 09:59:35 PM »
Dear Geshe-la,
It would be interesting if you could give your view about the subject being discussed in the "DSh and other schools of Buddhism".

In this website you will notice that we try very hard not to fall in non virtuous speech, to say the least. People here are exceedingly considerate with one another and this is one of the beauties of this website.

Now, if you go to that particular discussion you will see that one of the members declares that it is perfectly OK to mix traditions and teachings, once one is a skillful practitioner. Our friend Alexis tried the best he could to defend our traditional Gelugpa view, that one does never mix traditions, and he gives very good reasons. But in the end, in order not to upset the other party, or in order to show his respect for him, he just leaves the matter open.

Since this is such a serious, "heart of the matter" question, I do not think we should allow newcomers to this site to think that yes, it is OK to do that, to start practicing all the traditions we are tempted to.

Could you add some of your Geshe knowledge to this discussion, please?
Particularly, to add more to the already excellent reasons given, why Dzogchen is contradictory with the teachings of our lineage ...

And particularly too, to add more to the already excellent reasons given copiously in this website, why it is not good to mix traditions.

Thank you for any answer you can give.

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 10:34:53 AM »
Dear Geshe Lobsang Phuntsok,

It so nice to see your post on this website. I do not log in as often as i like to, but i am glad to see your post.  I do hope you log in regularly and share your thoughts, insights, answers, opinions to our sincere group of forum people here. Just as Dorje Shugden can be a border patrol, you can be a patrol for the sincere participants of this forum. With people like you and our other regulars, we can make this forum a beneficial platform to spread unbiased and unprejudiced dharma.

I request you to be a regular contributor. I will look forward to logging in to read what you have to say. Much thanks

kris

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 12:13:51 AM »
I am a newbie to Dorje Shugden and there are still a lot of things to learn. With this blog site as well as the forum, it has made my learning not as steep.

Thank you for all the hard work and I rejoice!!

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 08:33:31 PM »
Due to this website, I 've learned so much about DS and it's controversy. Information is important especially when I first started on DS. There are were many questions in my mind but I got it answered all on this website. This website also helped me to nurture people to understand the controversy better and start their DS practice. I must say, some who started the prayers had their problems solved.

Thank u

kris

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 11:56:31 PM »
Phuntsok: If you have thing that you can suggest the admin to make things better, I am quite sure they will hear you out. If u felt there are areas which they can improve, please inform them so that they can keep improving to serve the community better.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 02:08:00 AM »
Traditions spiritual or otherwise is kept alive by the people in them. The website has achieved in giving my the low down of whose  who in that vast Gelugpa world. It has made it so much more interesting, inspiring and colorful to know the people and the history behind the Gelug tradition so far. Is the Gelug lineage from what I have gathered is alive, growing and reaching out to many all over our little planet. But it is makes huge waves with the people all over the world.

Many many more beings carry on being benefited by Manjunatha Lord Tsongkhapa's doctrine.

Barzin

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:19:28 AM »
Yes, without the hard working admin behind this website.  We wouldn't get direct update.  It is a lot of hard work to get the latest and even the existing facts and news compiled all together make available in this website.  Not only i get to know the protector better, the controversy, the discussion in this forum also brings me a lot of education.

I've learned so much over the months, and I am still continue learning.  Thankyou so much for all your hard work to benefit others.

thor

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 12:12:31 AM »
@Barzin: The admins are not just hardworking, but also well-connected and in the know of the latest happenings in the Tibetan world. They must be constantly scouring the TV and internet for news, announcements, as well as keeping an eye on what is happening in the monasteries and in Dharamsala. What impresses me most about the admin is how they have always maintained their stance over the years, despite lots of criticism from certain parties. Their knowledge and understanding of the Dharma and how it is meant to be put into practice is a big factor in their ability to do this. Admin, thank you all very much

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »
Thank you to the people who are maintaining ds website, I have learned not only about the protector but also about Buddhism from here. It is very informative and educational, your works have benefited a lot, I totally rejoice. I can see all of you do this with only one objective, to spread DS, to spread the pure Dharma. Thank you!

Klein

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 03:50:57 PM »
Yes. Thanks so much for the people behind this website. Information is the key to annihilating ignorance. All the doubts and fears arise from our ignorance.

Lay practitioners like us do not know who to ask to clarify issues like this. If more people know about this website, more people will understand the real significance of this controversy and receive the benefits of Dorje Shugden's practice.

How can I make a donation to this website? I'm sure there are running costs to maintain this.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 09:48:27 AM »
Thank you very much for creating this website. I don't mean just thank you for protecting the Dharmapala practice, but for protecting the purity of Je Tsongkhapa's tradition. Dorje Shugden protects Je Tsongkhapa's tradition by subduing obstacles. Just like in a country, the border patrol would function to keep the country safe, so does the function of a Dharmapala  is to keep Dharma free from obstacles, helping to keep Dharma pure...thus, us practitioners are automatically protected. Remember that Dorje Shugden is already enlightened, thus he doesn't need us to protect him. However, since we wish to attain enlightenment for the benefit of others, we need his protection, so that Dharma may flourish in all. Thanks again and I wish and pray for harmony amongst all Dharma practitioners to prevail again.
Geshe Lobsang Phuntsok

Thank you for your feedback. Our website's aim is to provide people with information so that they can decide for themselves what is bad and what is good. Dorje Shugden has been unfairly portrayed by mainstream Buddhist media and even on the Dalai Lama's website, and so having this website helps to counter such things. I would do anything in my power to help this website grow, including posting here regularly.