Author Topic: Dorje Shugden and mental issues  (Read 11984 times)

nagaseeker

Re: Dorje Shugden and mental issues
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 09:06:18 AM »
Ensapa I kind of get this feeling that you are talking about yourself actually.

That's a very interesting observation because I didn't think of it myself. Anyway, it was avoided altogether. Avoidance is synonymous with confirmation. If you know what I mean. Hehe! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D

ok wait , maybe all the time Ensapa is telling the truth while DharmaSpace is one of Ensapa's multiple personality that he created out so that he can 'attack' or 'confront' himself.......... :o

valeriecheung

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 10:06:18 AM »
Hahaha...

Ensapa you are kind and want to help your friend but hope you have the wisdom to help. If not you might make things worse. I strongly suggest you seek for qualified lama in your area ask for help. Don't think that your friend's guru/lama without inform to his guru/lama then his guru/lama will have clairvoyance to know about your friends bad situation. It might your friend bad karma so deep until blocking the relationship with his guru/lama.

Another way to help is you can do DS practice and dedicate the merit to your friend. Let him accumulated some merit at least DS can be with him instead of talk to him.  :D

beggar

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 10:13:30 AM »
In general, if anyone knows of friends who are suffering from any kind of illness, and if they are not able to do anything to help themselves due to whatever circumstances, we can also contribute to healing by doing many extensive serkym offerings and kanshags on their behalf. These are very powerful practices for clearing one's obstacles.

Also, because Dorje Shugden is an emanation of the Buddha of Wisdom, doing his prayers also invokes blessings and creates the causes for gaining wisdom - and of course this is very much related to helping any form of mental health issues.

Of course, we do need to also be practical and take necessary measures and effort on our part. Dorje Shugden will help but we do also need to help ourselves, so please do not rule out professional help.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 04:02:26 AM »
Big uncle: yeah, but he is working on improving his mind more and more each day because he says he knows how much he has put me and everyone around him through and he wants to stop that. Transforming your mind and curtailing your weakness for the sake of others, isnt that Dharma? And I did mention that I brought him to the doctor so I assumed that you guys would realize I was talking about someone else :p

valeriechung: he already read this thread and said that he understood what was going on and appeared to be relieved. I hope it would be enough to convince him to stop listening to the voice.

thanks beggar, my friend is seeking professional help but according to him all the doctors do is give him medications and that the biggest help he can get is from me and other friends who are there for him. And of course, Dorje Shugden. I'll be doing it or sponsoring someone on his behalf.

he says he wont post, but he will be lurking around :P

But what he would like to know is that when he goes crazy, he will think that his Lama dislikes him, does not love him etc and this is not under his control but under the influence of his schizophrenia, will this trigger up any negative consequences? If it will how can they be purified?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 10:19:11 AM »
I am very sure now Ensapa is talking about himself.
I have only one advice for you Ensapa if you have a teacher who is guding and wants to guide you please just follow his advice.

valeriecheung

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 03:20:51 PM »
I'm totally agreed with dharmaspace, go to his lama and look for advise.

Ensapa, i getting confused is your friend is schizophrenia or may has others issue?? Cause this seem like another side of him tell your friend not to trust his lama which able to help him. And don't want your friend to get help. Go look for qualified person- a lama/ guru to confirm.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 02:04:28 PM »
I am very sure now Ensapa is talking about himself.
I have only one advice for you Ensapa if you have a teacher who is guding and wants to guide you please just follow his advice.

why would I want to say such things about myself? I am just trying to understand how to deal with it better. If I really suffered from this I would have kept it to myself that is why I understand why my friend has been so closed and bitter all along. He is a very kind and genuine person inside, just need to give him some care. and it can be challenging at times but at the end of the day the key is to keep forgiving and understanding him, that his hurtful words were due to his condition. Similarly everyone's afflictive emotions hurt us, but they are not conscious of it so we have to forgive them. I guess my friend is training me for that.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 04:44:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Dorje Shugden can and will assist practitioners or people with problems, even people with mental issues if I may say this respectfully. By reciting Dorje Shugden's prayers daily with correct motivation, I'm sure that it will definitely help.