Author Topic: Important questions...  (Read 5075 times)

Erstvollzug

• Email
Important questions...
« on: April 11, 2012, 08:20:48 AM »
I know wonderful people on both sides of this issue. Every lineage is valid and sticking to your lineage is crucial to spiritual growth. Mixing too many techniques leads to confusion. Christian, Muslim, Jew, Theravadin, Gelugpa, Nyingma, Sakya, Kagyu, Hindu: all valid paths. Just as one penny can force one into another tax bracket, one small positive or negative deed can escalate into lasting peace or a severe crisis. I can imagine that there were many causes and conditions acting on His Holiness the Dalai Lama when he was forced to say what he did about Dorje Shugden. If the Chinese goverment were to set land aside for His Holiness, would they need to make another subdivision like Pakistan for the followers of Dorje Shugden?  In 1989 when the ban on Dorje Shugden began, His Holiness was trying to splinter China, I believe.  Who wouldn't?  It was war.  Now to usher in a new era there needs to be clarification...a peaceful resolution that includes the people of Tibet and the people of China whether they are separate nations or under one China doesn't really matter.  If China wants to grant Tibetan autonomy in any way, they cannot be asked to form a Tibetan Pakistan.

hope rainbow

Re: Important questions...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:34:32 AM »
I know wonderful people on both sides of this issue. Every lineage is valid and sticking to your lineage is crucial to spiritual growth. Mixing too many techniques leads to confusion. Christian, Muslim, Jew, Theravadin, Gelugpa, Nyingma, Sakya, Kagyu, Hindu: all valid paths. Just as one penny can force one into another tax bracket, one small positive or negative deed can escalate into lasting peace or a severe crisis. I can imagine that there were many causes and conditions acting on His Holiness the Dalai Lama when he was forced to say what he did about Dorje Shugden. If the Chinese goverment were to set land aside for His Holiness, would they need to make another subdivision like Pakistan for the followers of Dorje Shugden?  In 1989 when the ban on Dorje Shugden began, His Holiness was trying to splinter China, I believe.  Who wouldn't?  It was war.  Now to usher in a new era there needs to be clarification...a peaceful resolution that includes the people of Tibet and the people of China whether they are separate nations or under one China doesn't really matter.  If China wants to grant Tibetan autonomy in any way, they cannot be asked to form a Tibetan Pakistan.

People have been working at this for years and years.

I believe that Tibet will be accepted and recognized within China when its belonging to the grand Chinese family is no more disputed. This belonging regardless of history or culture, is based on reality, for China has created the actual situation where there is a majority of Chinese people in Tibet.

I think Tibet has everything to gain from being realistic and think forward to preserve its culture, its language, its festivals and the religion that Tibet has carried forward for centuries.
I believe that it is through the recognition of Tibet as a Chinese province that Tibet will survive.

Indeed, the Chinese would then heavily promote Tibet as a tourist destination, unique in the world.
And the Tibetans will be included, little by little, in the decision processes.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 10:54:50 AM »

You presented some good thoughts here. I agree HHDL was forced to speak against Dorje Shugden. And if the Tibetans did get a piece of permanent land, would there be another Pakistan situation? After India was rewarded their Independence from England, Pakistan seperated from India into a Muslim state.
I feel the Shugden people would demand a Pakistan situation, but I doubt they would get it. To set up a self governance is a totally different ballpark than just sitting in front of a Shugden statue praying.

I think Shugden people would demand, but it wouldn't work. It wouldn't happen. They would have to give up the spirit worship and join the majority.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 01:06:26 PM »
You presented some good thoughts here. I agree HHDL was forced to speak against Dorje Shugden. And if the Tibetans did get a piece of permanent land, would there be another Pakistan situation? After India was rewarded their Independence from England, Pakistan seperated from India into a Muslim state.
I feel the Shugden people would demand a Pakistan situation, but I doubt they would get it. To set up a self governance is a totally different ballpark than just sitting in front of a Shugden statue praying.

I think Shugden people would demand, but it wouldn't work. It wouldn't happen. They would have to give up the spirit worship and join the majority.

The Shugden practitioners do not seek to be separate from HHDL, as this is not the protector's wish at all. They just want to continue their Dharma practice in peace. I do not think they will be a Tibetan pakistan filled with only Dorje Shugden practitioners, because if that was to be true, it would have already been forming in Dharamsala by now.

Even When Shar Ganden and Serpom was formed, they never went against Dalai Lama. They still held him in high regard and still loved him all the same as if the ban never happened. They know that this ban is temporary and they know that HHDL was forced to implement this ban for a reason that they cannot see now. They never went against HHDL, but is just feeling sad that they had to be treated this way.

Tibet has already been accepted as part of China and China has been providing Tibet with all they can from a materialistic point of view, such as supplying them with better transport, helping them build houses, giving them a chance to join mainland china by giving them a chinese education, making sure that their rights are well represented in the parliament, restoring the temples and so on.

So, if China is trying their best to take of Tibet in their way, HHDL could take on an advisory role in helping China do so if he chooses to instead of lead or make decisions. CTA was a failed government from the start, from its inception. It has been famous for being inefficient and unable to progress in both worldly and spiritual terms. So why not let someone else handle since they are unable to improve already? They cant even manage Dharamsala well...what can they say or do to back themselves up that they are up for the job?