Author Topic: LOOK AT MY NEW ALTAR!!!  (Read 8151 times)

pinecone

Re: LOOK AT MY NEW ALTAR!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 03:15:26 PM »
 I , myself really love  looking at other’s altar. This one was indeed neat and clean. The simplicity arrangement of this altar definitely suit the ever busy folks of the buzzing city life . Altars should always be spotless and  pleasing to the eyes as a reflection of the practitioner inner quality and not just as a ornaments to one living space. 8)

MoMo

Re: LOOK AT MY NEW ALTAR!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 03:54:07 PM »
Hey Pinecone,  your comments just reminded me the story of Geshe Bean Gung-Gyael mentioned in “Liberation …….”  that the Geshe’s benefactor was coming to see him and Geshe Bean set up the best offerings  in front of the altar the best that he could manage . Later he sat down on his meditation mat and it occurred to him that his motivation of this beautiful offering was inappropriate and it was done more of to impress his benefactor. Immediately he sprang out from his mat and threw ashes all over his offering saying “O monk don’t try to fool yourself!” and he left his offering for that day covering in ash . This story relates to us that our practice should be like a mango: ripe on inside and out!  ::) I wonder what his benefactor will think of him when the benefactor saw the state and condition of Geshe Bean’s altar, LOL!   ;D