Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Monks refused entry into India  (Read 12696 times)

dsiluvu

Re: Dorje Shugden Monks refused entry into India
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 09:33:06 AM »
Can you imagine that you traveled so far, go through so much hardships to sincerely wanting to be together with your countrymen and to be close to your Lamas and near the one person you deem as Buddha of Compassion only to be rejected and betrayed by the very people you swear loyalty to just because you wish to maintain a practice that was given to you by your Lama? How hurtful and disappointing can that be???
Innocent lives being accused without a second thought... no wonder now we have seen no increase in monks in the monasteries in India!

To be rejected and discriminated by your own people and leaders is very painful... on top of that to accused of being Chinese spies??? I am sure all this hurt created by the CTA has karmic consequences, and as a result this is why up until today, we see CTA not getting anywhere closer in getting any autonomy from China. Why are we not surprised? CTA is already losing support from their own people by implementing the ban on Dorje Shugden and creating their own separations between their own people when by right they should be uniting everyone. But it's okay... all the better now because China is obviously quite happy to be helping Dorje Shugden Lamas, practitioners and monasteries and practice... thanks to this discrimination.

And because of this.... we see an even brighter future for Tibet and her people...
How the Shugden Lamas Are Bringing Tibetans Back to Tibet
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/how-the-shugden-lamas-are-bringing-tibetans-back-to-tibet/

It is precisely because of a great enduring love for their country and countrymen that they have actively chosen this path of befriending China – that is now the only way to open the doors for them to return back to Tibet and bring the most precious treasure of Dharma back to the very people they love back ‘home’. By the Shugden lamas’ concerted effort to return to China, the whole world can anticipate nothing but benefit. The unwavering kindness of these lamas will help Tibetans in Tibet to reconnect to Dharma, bring exiled Tibetans one step closer to returning home and preserve this rich, beautiful, peaceful and powerful religious culture for the rest of the world reap from.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 12:09:43 PM »
I do agree fully that it is a very bad thing to do and it does betray the Tibetan cause because the whole purpose of the Dharamsala receving office is to take care of people who believe in the Dalai Lama. Obviously those who took the effort to make their way out of Tibet and into Dharamsala wholeheartedly wants to support the Dalai Lama and the CTA, else why else would they want to leave Tibet which is so comfortable compared to the conditions of Dharamsala? And by turning them away it is a very huge betrayal and to top it off the officials seal the fates of these poor refugees by accusing them of spies...wow. How compassionate. And they claim to be working with the Buddha of compassion? What kind of compassion are they showing? are they even Buddhist to do something like that? Even nonbuddhists can do better than this and they know at least how to respect another human being. Why is it that the Tibetans are unable to respect basic human rights? It seems to be a sad state for the Tibetans.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 03:13:03 PM »
For all those who say that there is no ban on Dorje Shugden practitioners, this is evidence. I find it so amazing that people will say that there is no ban when there are so obviously is, as documented in threads like this and articles like http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/the-tibetans-twice-exiled/.

This particular 2008 article gives a broad chronology and well-written explanation of the whole Dorje Shugden issue which is good for anyone new to the topic.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 03:23:49 PM »
I really do not understand why can't the CTA just let Dorje Shugden practitioners do what they want and treat everyone equally! It is not like the practitioners are causing harm to anyone or the lineage as a whole. In fact, things were better before the ban where monks who practice Dorje Shugden or not are warm and nice to each other but today we can see disharmony among these holy monks. Why is this happening?...Just because of the ban?

I have personally visited the monks in Shar Gaden before. When I spoke about the Dorje Shugden issue, all of them were very sad because of the split of Gaden Shartse and Shar Gaden. The monks in Shar Gaden told me they miss their friends in Shartse very very much and I believe it is the same for the monks in Shartse.

Can the CTA just leave the Dorje Shugden practitioners alone already? The ban is good enough, don't need for more discrimination! Enough is enough! Who are these bunch of people to determine to livelihood of others? If you truly think you are the leaders of Tibet, then start loving all Tibetans and not be selective!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 07:35:37 AM »
is there any news of where the monks are now? Will they be taken care of? did they go to nepal where they can take refuge under Phegyeling monastery or something? I really hope that the monks are okay because it isnt easy to come to India out from Tibet as China has tightened the borders so much. However it is, i really hope that Dorje Shugden will take care of them and that they will be okay. And of course, i hope that the people who deny them will be in a position where they can no longer do so, so that they will do less harm to others.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 11:25:14 AM »
is there any news of where the monks are now? Will they be taken care of? did they go to nepal where they can take refuge under Phegyeling monastery or something? I really hope that the monks are okay because it isnt easy to come to India out from Tibet as China has tightened the borders so much. However it is, i really hope that Dorje Shugden will take care of them and that they will be okay. And of course, i hope that the people who deny them will be in a position where they can no longer do so, so that they will do less harm to others.

I was at Phelgye Ling when these monks were there trying to clear up their visa status to enter India.
They eventually returned to Chatring after they were denied visas but said they will try again after a year or so. They haven't given up and there are plans being made to prevent this from happening to other monks from Chatring who may be denied visas solely because they come from an area that is know to honor Dorje Shugden.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 12:50:38 PM »

It doesn't make sense:
Where is Phelgye ling? Is this place in India? Why are the monks from Tibet at Phelgye ling?
Why would the Indian Govt care whether the monks practice Shugden or not? The Indian govt would not care about their religious beliefs. So I think the monks are not denied their visas BECAUSE THEY PRACTICE SHUGDEN. I think that sounds fanatical.  :o

If the CTA is 'influencing' the Govt of India, how is that possible? Does not make sense? How can a small minority refugee group influence the National Govt of India to not give visas to a few monks, unless they have been checked out and they are not clean.

Not all monks coming from Tibet are real monks. There are 'monks' who work for the Chinese Govt and are stationed in various monasteries in Tibet to spy and report on activities. China is a police state with no freedom.

So I wouldn't jump conclusions everyone.
 ;)

I was at Phelgye Ling when these monks were there trying to clear up their visa status to enter India.
They eventually returned to Chatring after they were denied visas but said they will try again after a year or so. They haven't given up and there are plans being made to prevent this from happening to other monks from Chatring who may be denied visas solely because they come from an area that is know to honor Dorje Shugden.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 03:07:41 PM »
The monks in question are in fact real monks. I met them and know their story. Sounds like you are the one jumping to conclusions. Phelgye Ling is in Nepal. They were there awaiting the visa approval.
The fact is that all Tibetans seeking to enter India must first be processed and vetted through an organization set up by the Tibetan Gov in Exile. Only those who have done this are allowed consideration.
Therefore, it is up to the TGIE as to who gets accepted or not based on who they deem fit.

The hope is that this system will be changed soon, with an alternative processing organization set up to handle these situations.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 04:03:31 PM »
What alternative processing organization would you want? Only Tibetans can handle Tibetans leaving the CTA to do the job as many jobs are handled by them.

I am sure they were not allowed in for other reasons besides practicing Shugden.
There is no proof they were rejected due to this single reason.

The hope is that this system will be changed soon, with an alternative processing organization set up to handle these situations.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 03:48:40 AM »

But well, what do they hope to get in India? I mean dont they know that they are not welcomed in India, and would it not be easier to just be where they are as they are because China is increasingly showing support for Dorje Shugden and for Buddhism in Tibet. CTA will not take them lightly and neither will they ever let them enter india. so why do they keep trying? It's really hard for them to get in and they wont have really have much things for them there unless they give up Dorje Shugden...but they should be safe in Nepal...just not india. Are they aware that the CTA and the Dalai Lama has banned Dorje Shugden? If it is Dharma they seek, China should still have qualified masters..

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 04:23:44 AM »
The monasteries in India are still considered the best places to get a comprehensive Dharma education.
The monasteries in Tibet are still somewhat restricted, although this seems to be getting better.

brian

• Email
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 06:26:55 AM »
I think wherever we go, we should have the rights to do so (of course given that you have proper documents!) and i feel this is another form of discrimination maybe? Human rights is an issue here. There must be a proper reason given to why one particular person be restricted from entering. This particular issue is one of the harsh mistreatment that most Dorje Shugden practitioners get from the authorities. Plain disgusting and makes no sense!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 10:17:16 AM »
I think wherever we go, we should have the rights to do so (of course given that you have proper documents!) and i feel this is another form of discrimination maybe? Human rights is an issue here. There must be a proper reason given to why one particular person be restricted from entering. This particular issue is one of the harsh mistreatment that most Dorje Shugden practitioners get from the authorities. Plain disgusting and makes no sense!

In this case, the reason given is that they think Dorje Shugden is bad and they should bar off Dorje Shugden people away from India and Dharamsala so these people actually think that what they are doing is right. Why should we get stuck on people who cannot change when we can change ourselves and educate people who are willing to listen more? If Dharamsala does not like Dorje Shugden, then Dorje Shugden can manifest everywhere else and their followers can go to anywhere else to practice where it is less restrictive. With such negative attitudes, CTA and their offices will eventually implode because they are already stretching themselves too thin.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 07:39:20 PM »
There's obviously a discrimination there, how is this even legal??!! Just because they ie we practise Dorje Shugden and so they are different from the others? Everyone should be treated with equality, even with animals. I hope that the authorities will do something about this, this is not right at all.