Author Topic: Monks demand Dalai Lama's deportation  (Read 3262 times)

DharmaDefender

Monks demand Dalai Lama's deportation
« on: January 18, 2015, 06:10:33 AM »
It seems not everyone is so enamoured by the Dalai Lamas charms and its not just Shugden Buddhists whom he has upset. Indian Buddhist monks previously demanded his deportation with his interference over their affairs. If Im not mistaken, Gyalwang Drukpa has also expressed his displeasure over the Dalai Lamas silence regarding forced conversions of Drukpa Kagyu practitioners and monasteries.

More and more Im unsure as to how the Dalai Lamas actions are resulting in harmony and unity. Surely if those were the intended results, fewer people would be demanding action to be taken against him and / or Dharamsala. You never hear about previous Dalai Lamas having protests organised against them.

Urgh anyway you can read more about the demands here. News is old but still relevant nonetheless to our cause. I wish the rest of the world can see its not just Shugden Buddhists whove a bone to pick and we arent crazy in our requests for dialogue! http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/buddhist-monks-demand-dalai-lamas-deportation/

James Bond

Re: Monks demand Dalai Lama's deportation
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:27:40 PM »
I believe that this is incorrect. Monks should not have this kind of behaviour towards anyone. Well thats what i think. The Dalai Lama can be wrong at times, but that doesn't mean that he has to be deported.

I believe in forgiveness. I believe that no matter how bad the situation is, we must always forgive. In this situation, the monks should not have reacted in such a manner. They should have sorted out the situation in a more civilised way. Instead of demanding the deportation of the Dalai Lama.

I respect the Dalai Lama very much. I believe that he has his own valid reasons for doing what he does. Like regarding this post, i am sure that he has reasons for his actions, although he had caused increase in tension between India and China. There must be some good behind the actions of such a high lama.

fruven

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 11:58:13 PM »
People could be protesting silently. I would think that people in the past are not familiar with the idea of protests in public. The authorities or the leadership might have prevented any public protests by imposing punishment on those who spread opposing views. Even in modern times many governments view that protests are very bad for their image.

eyesoftara

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 04:50:47 AM »
This is a very old news. Anyone knows what happened after that demand. Let me guess. After 12 years, nothing happened. The Dalai Lama is still there in India. So is the Karmapa.
I don't think this kind of demand can solve anything. Maybe in line with HH Yongyal Rinpoche's deportation for assumption of being "pro-China", the monks from Bodhgaya should be deported too for the same sentiment. But wait. If these monks are Indian citizens, there is now where to deport them. So confusing!

All I can say, is the Dalai Lama is a damn good politician and his has skillful means.