Author Topic: Pictures of Geshe Jampa Ngodrub teaching in Chengdu, China  (Read 6597 times)

Big Uncle

I saw these exciting pictures on my Facebook wall and I thought I share it here for everyone to rejoice. It was posted by someone from China as he had just went for teachings with Geshe Jampa Ngodrub in Chengdu, China. An image of Dorje Shugden is displayed very prominently on the wall. If you look at the audience, they are mainly Chinese disciples of Geshe Jampa Ngodrub and sitting in the front rows are Chinese Mahayana looking monks. I rejoice because the Dorje Shugden practice has taken root amongst the Chinese and not just amongst the Tibetan circles. I rejoice because Dorje Shugden's practice would be very beneficial for them!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:25:43 AM by Big Uncle »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: Pictures of Geshe Jampa Ngodrub teaching in Chengdu, China
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:56:42 AM »
(it is probably a good idea to ask for permission first before posting pictures from other people's facebook wall.)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 05:18:41 PM »
Almost every week I hear something amazing about this great lama. Although he is based in Tibet, he is making an impact far and wide.
May he remain a long time and lead us all to the gates of peerless Enlightenment.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »
I think this Lama is doing amazing work, spreading Dorje Shugden's practice in China! And that he was even sent by the Chinese government to other countries!

i wonder why sometimes he is called Geshe Wangchuk and sometimes Lama Jampa Ngodup Rinpoche. Does anyone know?

Here are some more great threads/articles on Lama Jampa Ngodup Rinpoche:

Tribute to Lama Jampa Ngodup Rinpoche
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=2985.0

Zemey Rinpoche’s Incarnation Receives DS initiation
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/zemey-rinpoches-incarnation-receives-ds-initiation-2/

H.H. Gaden Trisur & Yongyal Rinpoche visiting in Chengdu, China
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/high-lamas-in-chengdu-china/
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 06:04:44 PM »
And that he was even sent by the Chinese government to other countries!

I am curious about this....do you have any sources for this?
It would be great to see more about this if there is a link.
Thanks

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 06:37:06 PM »
And that he was even sent by the Chinese government to other countries!

I am curious about this....do you have any sources for this?
It would be great to see more about this if there is a link.
Thanks

Here you go.. have a read http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/the-first-lama-that-china-sent-abroad/ there probably is a forum thread on it too.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 05:29:59 AM »
Now this is interesting: China is starting to export Tibetan Lamas to help them spread the teachings, and the fact that he is sitting together with Chinese monks indicate that China does plan to integrate Tibetan Buddhism into mainland China, with the Han people. It is great to see that the Chinese monks have no qualms studying under a Tibetan Lama and it really touches my heart in more ways than one. The pictures of him are really encouraging too. It is about time that China goes back to its roots as a Buddhist country and it is a momentum that has started and will not be stopped.

vajrastorm

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 06:41:14 AM »
Geshe Jampa Ngodrub is sending wave after wave of sensational news about his spreading Dharma in China. He has earned the faith and trust of the Chinese Government, who has even officially sent him abroad(in December 2012) to spread the Dharma in Switzerland!

So Geshe Jampa Ngodrup is revitalizing Buddhism and the teachings of Je Tsongkapa in China. At the same time he is promoting the practice of Dorje Shugden. In fact, he regularly gives teachings of the Lamrim to thousands of Chinese and Tibetans in China. Often after teaching the Lamrim, he would follow this with giving a Dorje Shugden initiation.This was what happened in the case of the young Kyabje Zemey Choktrul Rinpoche, when he received the Dorje Shugden initiation from Geshe Jampa Ngodrup after a four day Lamrim teaching by the latter.

May Geshe Jampa Ngodrup live long and continue to turn the wheel of Dharma to benefit countless in China.

Big Uncle

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 10:34:36 AM »
(it is probably a good idea to ask for permission first before posting pictures from other people's facebook wall.)

Yes, I did ask the person's permission. Thank you for your concern. I just wanted to share with people to rejoice and as I was posting, I started to notice all these Chinese faces. I am not really favorable to Chinese practitioners but I am happy to see them because it means that the Dharma is being propagated to the Chinese and not just within Tibetan circles. It is these lamas that have the 'extra' compassion to teach the Chinese after all that the Tibetans have gone through and is still going through right now in Tibet. Many of the Tibetan lamas have compassion in their hearts and it is because of their compassion that Dorje Shugden will spread far and wide. 

Manjushri

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 12:55:05 PM »
Thank you Dorjeshugden.com for bringing light to Geshe Jampa Ngodrub. I have not heard of this holy and compassionate Lama until I came across this article and read further on him through sources from this website too.

It is nice to see Geshe Jampa spreading Dorje Shugden in China. A Tibetan being of tremendous benefit to the Chinese, tirelessly spreading Dorje Shugden, the practices, the Dharma, giving teachings. Nice to see that the Chinese Government has recognized his contribution and the benefit he is able to bring to sentient beings.

From one lama, the practise of DS will spread on in China to more and more people. It is nice to know that the Chinese are reciprocating in their embracing of Dorje Shugden and the teachings of Tibetan Buddhism. As long as there are gurus, and STUDENTS WHO LISTENS AND FOLLOWS THE ADVICES of their gurus perfectly, the Dharma will remain and stay alive.

The first Lama that China sent abroad:
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/the-first-lama-that-china-sent-abroad/

dsiluvu

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 02:31:11 AM »

Yes, I did ask the person's permission. Thank you for your concern. I just wanted to share with people to rejoice and as I was posting, I started to notice all these Chinese faces. I am not really favorable to Chinese practitioners but I am happy to see them because it means that the Dharma is being propagated to the Chinese and not just within Tibetan circles. It is these lamas that have the 'extra' compassion to teach the Chinese after all that the Tibetans have gone through and is still going through right now in Tibet. Many of the Tibetan lamas have compassion in their hearts and it is because of their compassion that Dorje Shugden will spread far and wide.

THANK YOU BOG UNCLE for POSTING these fabulous pictures up. I am sure many of us APPRECIATES it and YES I REJOICE very very much in seeing them!!!

I love the fact that Dorje Shugden is taking root in China and slowly but surely it will spread more and more. Geshe Jampa is not the only one no doubt... there are so many Shugden Lama's who have been working so hard to spread Dorje Shudgen to China like His Eminence the great Gangchen Rinpoche... who in reality are actually helping Tibetans in China much more then what I can see and we can say about the CTA's progress besides encouraging their own people to set themselves on fire.

Read more here How the Shugden Lamas Are Bringing Tibetans Back to Tibet
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/how-the-shugden-lamas-are-bringing-tibetans-back-to-tibet/

Lama Gangchen Rinpoche goes to Tibet, August 2011

Lama Gangchen Rinpoche goes to Tibet, August 2011 Small | Large

This was a talk given by H.E. Gangchen Lama and translated into English by Lama Michel on the subject of the benefits of pilgrimage and getting to know one’s lineage.
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/videos/lamas-teachings/lama-gangchen-rinpoche-goes-to-tibet-august-2011/

Also while Tibet fights the ongoing noble cause for independence, it looks like the Chinese have other plans.

Below is an article written by one of China’s leading newspapers about the Dorje Shugden issue, namely the ban instituted by the Dalai Lama against this Protector deity.

Although the article was written in the earlier days, before the height of the ban, it shows clearly that China has been closely watching the activity of the Tibetans, the Dalai Lama and his exiled government (now the CTA). They know very well what is happening within the exiled Tibetan communities.

Also, note that the article is written with a tone which does not agree with the undemocratic and unjust methods used against Dorje Shugden practitioners; it is clear that the Chinese do not agree with the Dalai Lama’s policies on this and are on the side of the Shugden activists and practitioners.

Note what they write in the article: “China is in fact gaining greater international prestige, and Tibetans are leading a better life… people have lost confidence in the call for “Tibetan independence””. http://www.dorjeshugden.com/spread-the-word/write-a-letter/make-a-difference-letter-29/

dsiluvu

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 02:48:29 AM »
Interesting isn't it how the more the CTA and Dharamsala tries to ban Dorje Shugden... the more Dorje Shugden is spreading and Geshe Jampa and other Shugdenpa Lamas are working even harder to spread the Dharma which probably we would not hear so much about if it was not for the ban?

The effects of it is that there are more positives than negatives... so much so that not only in Tibet, but we can even find a Chinese temple in YuZhu District  where Dorje Shugden practice has already taken its place. Clearly the spread of Dorje Shugen is happening in  mainland China out of the Tibet area as well! Wow

This is XiaFeng Temple in YuZhu District in YouYang County of ChongQing City (?????????????), China.

It has a Dorje Shugden image at their main shrine and the Lama that is spreading the Dorje Shugden practice here is Lama Thubten Phurbu.

Isn't it hilarious that there is more FREEDOM in practicing and spreading Dorje Shugden in Tibet/China compared to Dharamsala/India. China seems to be giving more FREEDOM than the CTA. Something is off or CTA sure is not very smart at all. Soon the ban will simply be confined in the office of His Holiness.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 07:59:46 AM »
It is safe to say that the ban has helped China become a more Buddhist country and it has caused China to embrace Buddhism more and more. The Dalai Lama baited China to practice Dorje Shugden by saying that Dorje Shugden reduces his lifespan (logically how can that be possible...HHDL is Chenrezig and also a fully ordained monk who holds his vows and a Bodhisattva at the same time) and since China allowed Dorje Shugden, they seem to have been more open towards Buddhism and the more they allow Buddhism to grow, the more growth the Chinese officials will have in the positive way and the more they will gravitate towards Buddhism because everyone loves positive progresses. Who wouldnt?

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 12:19:47 PM »
I repeat what I wrote on other threads in this forum, that is, more and more lamas are coming forth to teach dharma and propagate the practice of Dorje Shugden. Geshe Jampa Ngodrub is one of these great lamas with great tenacity and untiring passion.

May all these great lamas live another thousand years.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 07:33:54 AM »
I repeat what I wrote on other threads in this forum, that is, more and more lamas are coming forth to teach dharma and propagate the practice of Dorje Shugden. Geshe Jampa Ngodrub is one of these great lamas with great tenacity and untiring passion.

May all these great lamas live another thousand years.

No matter how one wants to see about it, there are more and more Dorje Shugden Lamas emerging despite the ban and despite that they 'cannot' compete with 'mainstream' Lamas, but they are getting bigger and bigger now as we speak and i dont think there will be anything that will slow down their growth. I dont think its much of a coincidence as the Dalai Lama's secular influence has been waning and also that he said he will stop condemning Dorje Shugden....probably because he will lift the ban soon. There is no mistaking it that the timing of everything leads to that.