Author Topic: Lama Zopa says Dorje Shugden is an Arya at first.  (Read 10251 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Lama Zopa says Dorje Shugden is an Arya at first.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 03:56:38 AM »
Dear Ensapa,

I beg to disagree that most Buddhists were brought up with Christian backgrounds. Perhaps in the western world, but not in the east surely. Also Buddhists do have demons to fight against... we have greed, selfishness, laziness, cruelty - we don't need Dorje Shugden to be a demon to fight against nor did he manifest for that purpose. On the contrary, he manifested to protect us.

I was more referring to the western Buddhists as the Dorje Shugden issue isnt much of a problem here in the east. People here in the east tend to be more kinder towards Dorje Shugden and what they say about Dorje Shugden is to leave them alone and to have compassion for them and not condemn them and to just focus on their own practice and not care about the Dorje Shugden practitioners's practice. That is what I have observed and so the effects of the ban on eastern countries like singapore and taiwan is less pronounced and less obvious because i guess, people in the east do not have a compulsion to have a demon-figure like in the west. I know Buddhism has inner demons like what you have mentioned, but unfortunately most people tend to not be able to escape from their own mental conditioning.