Author Topic: Ling Rinpoche in Car Accident, ‘Out of Danger’  (Read 17321 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Ling Rinpoche in Car Accident, ‘Out of Danger’
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 05:11:21 AM »
Just wanted to share this image with everyone. Since the last update from Harry when Ling Rinpoche was still in a wheelchair, Ling Rinpoche is apparently now doing much better after his car accident. He is now able to move around on his own two feet (albeit with the aid of crutches). And look who that is visiting him... the Karmapa ;)

This is nice. It shows how anti sectarian Gelug lamas really is. So many people have been saying how sectarian Dorje Shugden practitioners are, but look at this picture. But anyways, the 16th Karmapa is known to be pro Shugden and also Ling Rinpoche's previous incarnation practiced Dorje Shugden for his whole life. It is only natural that he would continue this practice in this current lifetime and perhaps, secretly, behind closed doors like so many other Shugden Lamas are doing right now in Dharamsala because Dorje Shugden's practice is a tantric practice and is not meant to be showed to others.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 11:02:03 AM »
Gelug Lamas are not sectarian period. If Ling Rinpoche was sectarian why would the holy Karmapa visit or be associated with him?

The Karmapa has already spoken and given the prophecy that one day everyone will be worshipping Dorje Shugden, and as Ensapa quoted Ling Dorje Chang has practiced all his previous life what more do we want? 

In his current incarnation I have not heard Ling Rinpoche saying anything untoward towards Dorje Shugden, one can only either for or against, if he is against why not vehemently say as he feels and be open about it. Everyone related to the CTA seems to open about how they feel about Dorje Shugden.   

Nevertheless happy to see Ling Dorje Chang is saved from a potential death and will be carrying on the spread of buddha dharma more and more. 

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 05:30:44 AM »
Gelug Lamas are not sectarian period. If Ling Rinpoche was sectarian why would the holy Karmapa visit or be associated with him?

The Karmapa has already spoken and given the prophecy that one day everyone will be worshipping Dorje Shugden, and as Ensapa quoted Ling Dorje Chang has practiced all his previous life what more do we want? 

In his current incarnation I have not heard Ling Rinpoche saying anything untoward towards Dorje Shugden, one can only either for or against, if he is against why not vehemently say as he feels and be open about it. Everyone related to the CTA seems to open about how they feel about Dorje Shugden.   

Nevertheless happy to see Ling Dorje Chang is saved from a potential death and will be carrying on the spread of buddha dharma more and more.

Personally, i feel that people in general should keep quiet about speaking against Dorje Shugden until they know what is going on. I like Ling Rinpoche's example on not being anti Shugden just to get the Dalai Lama's favor or due to insecurity or whatever. He shows us courage and fearlessness of doing the right thing and not falling on a political side of things and/or damaging others just to get into someone's good side. It is something that we should all take note of and learn from and apply in our daily lives.

icy

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 10:21:07 AM »
I am most happy to know that H.E. the 7th Ling Rinpoche is recovering well from the accident and will be able to turn the wheel of dharma to benefit many.  H.E. Ling Rinpoche began his monastic studies at Drepung Monastery in south India at the age of 10 and has since been engaged in rigorous religious study and spiritual training. He is expected to soon receive his Geshe degree, equivalent to doctorate in philosophy, from Drepung Monastery within the next few years.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2013, 04:53:47 AM »
I am most happy to know that H.E. the 7th Ling Rinpoche is recovering well from the accident and will be able to turn the wheel of dharma to benefit many.  H.E. Ling Rinpoche began his monastic studies at Drepung Monastery in south India at the age of 10 and has since been engaged in rigorous religious study and spiritual training. He is expected to soon receive his Geshe degree, equivalent to doctorate in philosophy, from Drepung Monastery within the next few years.

Wow it is quite amazing to know that Ling Rinpoche started his studies at such a young and tender age. I am sure that  he will be able to rise up to become a great Lama like his previous incarnations very soon. I cannot wait for that day to come as both him and Trijang Rinpoche were the Dalai Lama's Gurus. I hope that Ling Rinpoche would receive his Geshe degree soon so that he can benefit many more people with the Geshe degree as many people are quite superficial and they would look at things like degrees to judge a Dharma teacher these days. I cant wait for Ling Rinpoche to come out and teach!