Author Topic: Serpom Monastery – Almost Three Years Later  (Read 5849 times)

DharmaSpace

Serpom Monastery – Almost Three Years Later
« on: June 14, 2014, 10:35:40 AM »
Serpom Monastery – Almost Three Years Later
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/serpom-monastery-almost-three-years-later/

Reading about what had happened to the Serpom, it is not a good reflection of Buddhism at all. Tibetan youths can make Serpom as a case study of how, the ban affects monks and people who are determined to practice Dorje Shudgen.

These people who say that they do not want to share water with the Dorje Shugden people, then what about the air and environment. Wind can blow from a dorje Shugden to the non dorje shugden practitioners. It is ridiculous.

The gelug lamas who have helped Sera, did not get money from the Chinese, they taught the dharma and raised it from their institutions, temples and their hard work. I hope the people still in Sera would realise that their monastery was built on contaminated money, they should all abandon the monastery.

kris

Re: Serpom Monastery – Almost Three Years Later
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 04:18:57 PM »
It is indeed very sad to see the vandalism and rubbish dumps purposely done against the Dorje Shugden monasteries. It shows that the hate towards the Dorje Shugden practitioners are very strong, yet everyone in CTA is denying the existence of the ban.

One of the basic vows is "no lying", but CTA being a Buddhism based administration, is lying all the way even to their own people. Tibetans are already lost their "country" and now residing in other people's country, and if this is not time for compassion towards own people, then when is the right time??

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 03:25:43 AM »
This is so sad. How can the CTA continue to defend their stand against the ban on Dorje Shugden when it was obvious that the ban brought division within the Tibetan community, the people, families and dharma practice?

The CTA have been looking at their own blatant lie and continue to say "they have been trying to resolve this issue" for years?

Come out to hold a public dialogue with the Dorje Shugden community.

Just looking at the stretch of "rubbish" purposely thrown just outside Serpom Monastery is "undharmic" and a disgrace to the practice of Buddhism. What have you got to say about that, CTA?

Freyr Aesiragnorak

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 06:41:01 AM »
This article is definitely bittersweet. I am glad for Serpom Monastery and rejoice in their activities to rebuild a monastic institution that practices Dorje Shugden after being ostracized from Sera Mey. However the treatment they have endured is terrible and harks back to medieval times of exclusion and such treatment.

I find it absolutely absurd about the water pump being polluted by practitioners of Dorje Shugden. This does not accord with the teachings of the Buddha at all, but is a sign that those who are upholding this ban have NO idea what they are doing or practicing and how this accords more to the values of mere superstition than anything else.

lotus1

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 08:21:54 AM »
It is very sad to hear about how the monks in Serpom are discriminated. They are denied to use and share the water and canteen facilities just because they practice Dorje Shugden and will contaminate the water and place???!!   >:( >:( What kind of logic is that especially the words are came from sangha of Sera Mey? I really doubt their practice in Buddhism.

What has CTA done? CTA claims that they are fair to all Tibetan. Is this discrimination to the Serpom monastery is what they call "fairness"?

However, I rejoice to see how Serpom monastery is built from almost zero. The monks’ strong faith for their Guru and protector Dorje Shugden is truly inspiring. May they grow strong and continue spreading the pure lineage and teaching of Lama Tsongkhapa.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 09:36:12 AM »
Dharma Space, I agree wholeheartedly with you that what is happening to Serpom monastery does not paint a good picture of Buddhism. It is certainly not legitimate to vandalize property of others, what more, a sign board showing the way to an institution of learning the teachings of Lord Buddha. Where the teachings of Buddha is present, is the place not holy and paths leading to it should be kept clean and neat? It is certainly not the way to be thankful to the kind Buddha by encouraging garbage to be dump at the entrance to a monastery and even persecute those who were kind enough to clean it for trespassing.
Truly the ban on DS is evil, but the Tibetans living around the monasteries and the monks remaining at Sera do not have to add miseries to the inconveniences of the monks at Serpom.

dondrup

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 04:46:19 PM »
It is outrageous and unbelievable that Sera Mey Monastery does not share water with Serpom Monastery out of fear of contamination of the water by the monks from Serpom Monastery who practise Dorje Shugden! What kind of attitude is that? Other than losing their gratitude for the sponsors of Sera Mey, these unethical monks from Sera Mey lack any love, care, kindness and compassion towards the Serpom monks. How very sad that the conduct of the monks of Sera Mey, one of the most established Gelug monasteries,  had degenerated to such an extent due to the ban on Dorje Shugden! You simply cannot abandon any sentient being if you want to become Buddha in the future.

Big Uncle

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 05:32:45 PM »
Where do we go from here? I really like what the younger generation of Tibetans in the Tibetan Children's Village are asking. I think the newer generation of more educated Tibetans must be exposed to the reality of what's happening at the monasteries and the communities and all the segregation that's happening in society. They have been lied to for so long. Just go into any department of CTA and check if there's any Shugden practitioners. CTA's lie and the bigger lie - the Dorje Shugden ban cannot remain forever. It will eventually come down.

grandmapele

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 06:44:55 AM »
Has Buddhist practice and dharma degenerated so much that Buddhist are no longer tolerant? Isn't that what H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama teaches - tolerance, patience, integrity/moral discipline, the very basic tenets of Buddhism.

Do I abhor the lion because he eats meat? Do I abhor the snake because it eats it's own kind and is poisonous? I admit I am not comfortable with both these animals, but they are also sentient being. So, I have to be tolerant of them. Similarly, do I not have to tolerate any one who practices a different religion? Do I tell a Bon practitioner or a Christian not to share my water pump for fear of contamination?

What makes a World War not ok and a civil war ok? Please stop all this segregation of practices among Tibetan Buddhists. You already do not have a physical country, please do not divide your people further.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 09:19:30 AM »
It is wonderful to see this beautiful main Gompa of Serpom monastery now. But this is thru their own determination and believed in their gurus and not letting this previous practice of Dorje Shugden go just because you wanted to be treated "normal". It is ridiculous to accused the practitioners to be be acting violently and by practicing Dorje Shugden will shorten Dalai Lama's life and will do Tibet no favour. In fact no offence here but i see H.H.T.D.L is very healthy and by banning the practice he himself is dividing the Tibetan people here. If i am not mistaken why would a Buddha Himself (H.H.T.D.L) will be harm by a mere spirit? Can a spirit do harm to Buddha?

christine V

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 06:57:54 AM »
Strongly agreed with Dharma space. CTA, we are buddhist practictioner, no bon practitioner. If you believed that the water will be polluted. Why you still dare to stay in the monastery that was sponsored by Dorje Shugden Lama?

Why so greedy?
Move out .. do own monastery and hospitals. Dont be greedy and trying to pollute Lama Tsongkhapa lineage with Bon believed , please stop

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 10:33:22 AM »
The deprivation of Shugdenpas and their places of worship are very well documented here.

It is very sad to see how hard the monastic order is suffering to preserve the Dorje Shugden tradition.  It is my greatest desire to see them in a better place.  May the Ban be lifted soon.