Author Topic: Report of Lama Zopa Rinpoche's Health  (Read 4870 times)

icy

Report of Lama Zopa Rinpoche's Health
« on: December 31, 2012, 04:53:34 AM »
Ven Roger Kunsang, Rinpoche's assistant and CEO of the FPMT recently informed us:

"Lama Zopa Rinpoche's health is good. The doctors seem satisfied with the blood pressure and sugar levels. Over the past couple of months Rinpoche hasn't exercised as much (due to the busy schedule) so that has been disappointing and so not any noticeable improvement in the walking action. Now in Nepal Rinpoche has started again to do circumambulations of the stupa, which is very good and I hope this continues regularly while here.

"While in India Rinpoche attended an Ayurvedic clinic for 7 days, this seemed to help his health in a general way. The doctor wanted Rinpoche to attend a full treatment program which would be for 21 days. Rinpoche was very reluctant to do for that length of time. The doctor there and the staff were very good. Maybe sometime in the future this can happen.

"Rinpoche's speech in Tibetan is very clear, His Holiness Ling Rinpoche made this comment as well as other Lamas. English language is also clearer."

kris

Re: Report of Lama Zopa Rinpoche's Health
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:58:35 PM »
It is very good to hear that Lama Zopa Rinpoche's health condition is improving.

I did a quick search online about Lama Zopa Rinpoche's heath, and the latest updates is found on the FPMT webiste: http://www.fpmt.org/teachers/zopa/rinpoches-health-updates-and-practices.html but unfortunately, the last update was on December last year.

Does anyone has Rinpoche's latest health update?

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 09:43:48 AM »
Dear kris, a friend of mine have shared with me the following picture. His Eminence Lama Zopa Rinpoche is currently in Singapore giving some teachings and also performing a Medicine Buddha jenang. A jenang is a permission initiation. You can read more about jenang at this link: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=2231.msg31238#msg31238
Lama Zopa's students are also offering a long life puja for Lama Zopa Rinpoche to live long and continue to turn the dharma wheel. Rejoice for all of the students to have the opportunities to perform all these for their guru.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 10:39:59 AM »
Great news regarding Lama Zopa. I remembered a year ago, we were all so worried about his health. I rejoice deeply that he is well and able to give teachings now. I do hope also one day soon Lama Osel will permanently join forces with him to spread the Gelug teachings.

This is a picture, I found from Lama Osel facebook. I thought it was very nice and Lama Zopa is looking very healthy and radiant. This pic was taken in Singapore Airport recently.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 01:57:46 PM »
It's always heartening to read and know about the current status of Lama Zopa who is a great mahasattva whose deeds are quite amazing, and he has been strong despite the whole Dorje Shugden ban and he skillfully hides it from everyone his personal Dorje Shugden practice. There is so many things that Lama Zopa has contributed to the Buddhist world and he should really have a long life with little obstacles. The stroke a few years back is due to the collective broken samayas from his students who decide that it would be more fun to hate Dorje Shugden practitioners than to do their Dharma practice. Lets hope that something like that does not happen again.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 07:12:33 PM »
What a lovely photo of Lama Zopa, Shugdenpromoter! Thanks for sharing it and yes, Lama Zopa is looking well and i am so happy to see that. With Lama Osel coming more into the picture and Lama Zopa manifesting better health, i think they must be getting ready for something - perhaps it is the lifting of the Dorje Shugden ban in the near future? Well, i guess I can dream :)
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 07:25:34 AM »
What a lovely photo of Lama Zopa, Shugdenpromoter! Thanks for sharing it and yes, Lama Zopa is looking well and i am so happy to see that. With Lama Osel coming more into the picture and Lama Zopa manifesting better health, i think they must be getting ready for something - perhaps it is the lifting of the Dorje Shugden ban in the near future? Well, i guess I can dream :)

Definitely all the events that has led until now - the Dalai Lama's secular influence waning, Trijang Rinpoche teaching, Lama Osel teaching and Lama Zopa's health recovering, and the Dalai Lama saying that he will not condemn Dorje Shugden anymore all point to the fact that the ban will be lifted sooner than we think it will be. I would like to really see it that way because the best person to lift the ban would actually be the Dalai Lama himself. When that happens, it would be funny to see how the Dorje Shugden detractors would react or act towards that announcement/decision.