Author Topic: Double blessings  (Read 6617 times)

DharmaDefender

Double blessings
« on: January 31, 2013, 05:57:48 PM »
Who dat with His Holiness the Dalai Lama? Hahaha bloody brilliant, this photograph is. If that lama is so evil, why is the Dalai Lama receiving initiations and teachings from him!

From: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/double-blessings/

Double blessings

For 30 years of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama’s life, he received countless teachings, commentaries, initiations, oral transmissions, explanations and advice from his Junior Tutor, the incomparable Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. Many of the lineages that H.H. the Dalai Lama carries and disseminates in the world today come to us directly from him, which originally came from Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche.

Without Trijang Rinpoche’s pivotal presence in the Dalai Lama’s life as his Junior Tutor, we can safely say that we would not know the Dalai Lama as we know of him today, as the great man that he is. In the West, there is a proverbial saying that, “Behind every great man stands a great woman”. In the Tibetan tradition, we can safely assume and say that behind every great teacher is their guru.

In this extremely rare and blessed picture, H.H. Trijang Rinpoche is seen conferring an initiation upon H.H. the young 14th Dalai Lama. From this single image alone, you can see how reverently and humbly His Holiness stoops forward to receive the blessings from his Junior Tutor Trijang Dorje Chang.

Please share this picture with all, as it is very rare and filled with blessings.

dsiluvu

Re: Double blessings
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »
Incredible! This is definitely a rare photo and a powerful one indeed. So if HHDL got inititations from HH Trijang Rinpoche... and now says His Guru make mistakes and is wrong... doesn't that mean the initiations HHDL took has no blessings? Hence the initiations HHDL gives to others would have no blessings too, no?

To be honest I really don't think His Holiness thinks His Guru is wrong. I think what His Holiness is doing is actually push Dorje Shugden's name out there to the world. But I do not and I protest against the ridiculous BAN that creates so much disharmony, schism and separation and broken samayas. I cannot phantom how the CTA has literally take His Holiness perceived displeasure with Dorje Shugden and encouraged the Tibetan community in India and all around to persecute and abused Shugden practitioners and High Lamas. That is the scary karma they will have to bare and the fact that it is happening in the monasteries shows that the degeneration of Buddhism has started... right in the heart of the source the 3 pillar of Tibetan Buddhism schools.

I believe His Holiness is Chenrezig... just look at this awesome picture of His Holiness debating with the most elite scholars and senior Lamas from Mongolia... supposedly the best debaters you can find in the whole Tibetan Buddhism pantheon. And His Holiness was unbeatable and really new His shit and could debate back... wow! So definitely His Holiness is no ordinary Lama and definitely His Holiness knows exactly what He is doing by enforcing the BAN but that still does not give CTA and lay practitioners the right to continue executing it as it does not justify the sufferings it is causing and the potential risk of losing the lineage all together.

Therefore we must take all necessary actions to lift the ban and if it means writing to entire world media and human rights activists all around the world so be it. Let the whole world know that that there is no real democracy in Tibetan law, there is no fairness, justice and they basically taking us for a huge ride demanding for peace and freedom when they don't even give this to their own!

I am so glad that Shar Gaden and Serpom manifested because they will be the holder of the pure lineage again.

whitelion

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »
I'm just excited today, good news is one after another. Thanks DharmaDefender for posting such nice and rare photo of HH Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche giving initiation/private teaching to HHDL.  HHDL received many sutra teaching, tantra teaching, oral transmission, initiation from HH Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang.

In Vajrayana tradition, one must visualized their teacher as one as their meditation deity when they are doing their practices, because without the blessing from their teacher, one will not received and attainment. In another word, HH Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang must be the Manjushri, Cherezig, Shakyamuni, Tsongkhapa, Tara, Vajrapani, Vajrayogini, Heruka, Yamantaka, Guhya Samaja and other Buddha in HHDL's eyes (visualization). If in that case, how can Heruka be wrong? How can Vajrayogini be wrong ? How can Shakyamuni be wrong ? Unless HHDL is wrong too, unless HHDL have no attainment, unless HHDL is not Chenrezig, of course not.

Based on the "result" of HHDL, HHDL is a living Chenrezig in human form, who is highly attained and full of compassion that's means he haven't broke his guru samaya with his teacher HH Trijang Rinpoche, which also could mean even though HHDL look like he is banning DS practice, bu actually he created a cause for DS practice to grow bigger and wider (from the back).

I think this must be the real reason why HHDL started the ban, for Dorje Shugden practice to grow wider and stronger, to bring more awareness to the public and world wide. This might be my imagination or it means the 14th HHDL is wrong or without any attainment or realization.     

lotus1

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 03:40:57 PM »
Thank so much Dharma Defender for sharing this picture. It is filled with lots of blessings!

This picture clearly showed that HHDL has gotten his teaching from Trijang Rinpoche. In other word, the teachings are including Dorje Shugden’s practices and initiation. I believe that is why HHDL does not stop the current Trijang Rinpoche from practicing Dorje Shugden. In addition, from this picture, I am sure HHDL has very strong guru devotion and he respects his Guru, Trijang Rinpoche very much. Therefore, HHDL’s banning of Dorje Shugden is also for a bigger reason, i.e. to spread Dharma.

Since now Trijang Rinpoche has started to spread Dharma actively, may the ban be lifted soonest and all of us can openly receive Dorje Shugden’s initiation from Trijang Rinpoche. 

honeydakini

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 05:36:51 PM »
LOL I've just been reading Psylotripitaka's post about how to reconcile the 'bigger picture' and what the Dalai Lama is doing with this ban. Then I noticed there was this discussion here about this photo too.

I think that's a big question a lot of people have had too - how can the Dalai Lama have relied so strongly on a protector for almost half his life (or more?) and then just suddenly give it up. Is he really that fickle and contradictory? Is his understanding of Dharma so shallow that he could just give up something without any real reasoning? So many other things fall apart if we just accept this single advice that Dorje Shugden is bad. There are so many perspectives of why this statement about Dorje Shugden being a harmful demon make everything else fall apart, the ground beneath our feet gets ripped up.

The strongest one I think, is that if the Dalai Lama says that the practice of Dorje Shugden is bad, he effectively nullifies one of the heart practices of his own root teacher Trijang Rinpoche. If he says that one practice which he would have received from this teacher is bad, then surely, that puts every other practice on the rocks! Then it follows that the same would apply for the Dalai Lama's students. If the Dalai Lama had "made a mistake" about the practice of Dorje Shugden, then that plants a seed of doubt for all the other practices he is doing and giving out now - could those be a "mistake" too?

So is he really that fickle about his faith in his teachers and his practices? This photo shows a beautiful moment between the Dalai Lama and his teacher Trijang Rinpoche but with the implementation of the ban, every of these moments would have meant nothing. I don't think this could be so.

So we're back to that discussion - was this ban a really silly mistake, a BIG FAT oversight by the Dalai Lama? Or really a divine plan for something bigger?

I'd like to look at this picture and hope that this kind of closeness - in action as well as in practices - will happen again one day soon, with the new incarnation of Trijang Rinpoche.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 05:25:57 AM »
Thank you Dharma defender for sharing this rare photograph here. The guru is so kind to his student. Giving his blessings, care and love in addition to all the teachings and transmissions of pure lineage. This is definitely not the actions of one who worships a spirit. And, I remembered HH Dalai Lama mentioned in one of his speeches that only Trijang Rinpoche is allowed to practice Dorje Shugden. How is it so? Now that Trijang Rinpoche is back here again with us and have started turning the dharma wheel, is HHDL going to announce that it is perfectly alright to practice DS?

psylotripitaka

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 07:56:46 AM »
LOL I've just been reading Psylotripitaka's post about how to reconcile the 'bigger picture' and what the Dalai Lama is doing with this ban. Then I noticed there was this discussion here about this photo too.

I think that's a big question a lot of people have had too - how can the Dalai Lama have relied so strongly on a protector for almost half his life (or more?) and then just suddenly give it up. Is he really that fickle and contradictory? Is his understanding of Dharma so shallow that he could just give up something without any real reasoning? So many other things fall apart if we just accept this single advice that Dorje Shugden is bad. There are so many perspectives of why this statement about Dorje Shugden being a harmful demon make everything else fall apart, the ground beneath our feet gets ripped up.

The strongest one I think, is that if the Dalai Lama says that the practice of Dorje Shugden is bad, he effectively nullifies one of the heart practices of his own root teacher Trijang Rinpoche. If he says that one practice which he would have received from this teacher is bad, then surely, that puts every other practice on the rocks! Then it follows that the same would apply for the Dalai Lama's students. If the Dalai Lama had "made a mistake" about the practice of Dorje Shugden, then that plants a seed of doubt for all the other practices he is doing and giving out now - could those be a "mistake" too?

So is he really that fickle about his faith in his teachers and his practices? This photo shows a beautiful moment between the Dalai Lama and his teacher Trijang Rinpoche but with the implementation of the ban, every of these moments would have meant nothing. I don't think this could be so.

So we're back to that discussion - was this ban a really silly mistake, a BIG FAT oversight by the Dalai Lama? Or really a divine plan for something bigger?

I'd like to look at this picture and hope that this kind of closeness - in action as well as in practices - will happen again one day soon, with the new incarnation of Trijang Rinpoche.

HoneyDakini

From the ground base that everything can act as a support for realization, certainly, the 'divine plan', the 'higher purpose' of the ban is to give us an extraordinary opportunity to generate a fierce Universal Compassion, for what greater suffering than the destruction of Holy objects of refuge. Certainly, as I've said elsewhere, according to common conventions of our society and the Dharma itself, the damage arising from the ban is entirely inappropriate and requires the response of compassionate action to control and pacify the damaging actions, revealing the beauty of our precious Dharmapala, and setting a good example.

It is said that when we view our Gurus as Buddhas, all the Buddhas enter our Guru and we receive the blessings of a Buddha. So, if we view the Dalai Lama as an emanation of Buddha, the Buddha's enter and we can receive the Buddha's blessings whether or not he is actually a Buddha. From this point of view we can see the actions of the ban as the skillful means of a Buddha revealing incredibly potent objects of universal compassion. This point of view is humbling and very blessed, but it is insufficient to provide us clarity when acting against the ban. The lamrim is full of subjective decisions that we make in our own mind, and like inner people, they function to produce their own effect. Whether or not our Guru is a Buddha depends on us, not the Guru. However, there are basic conventions to be observed while we remain in the human realm. For example, I may view a homeless person as an emanation of Heruka, but the likelihood that they could give me a detailed transmission of how vajra recitation should be done is quite slim (these days). Likewise, though we may view the Guru as an emanation teaching the path of abandonment and practice, because we live in the human realm we must abide by the conventions of society when it comes to broad reaching actions that effect many in inappropriate ways. To do so, I find it helpful to take the following approach:

With respect to confronting the situation with practical actions, we can see him not as a Buddha, but as an object of compassion. In this way we can respond appropriately to the situation with compassionate action. As I said, you do not develop compassion for a Buddha as this is called 'wrong compassion' because they are not suffering. So, in order to develop universal compassion for perceived suffering that we regard as having been emanated, we must acknowledge the illusion-like suffering by withdrawing our pure view in order to develop universal compassion. Then we are truly using the situation very constructively for the very purpose we believe it was emanated - the development of realizations (which is the "bigger picture"). Because there is no inherently existent suffering and no inherently existent Buddha, we can change our views accordingly and develop realization from both points of view.

I am driving at getting to the bottom of our precise views and intentions, for it is clearly insufficient to 'just have respect'. How do we reconcile the 'the Guru is Buddha and does not make mistakes' with 'the Guru may be a Buddha but he appears to be making mistakes'? Now don't say 'his actions teach the path of abandonment and practice'. Surely, but that too is not enough due to 'wrong compassion'. Check precisely. What is going on in this situation?

So let me put it another way:

- there's a story of a practitioner who is beaten by the Guru and he explains to a friend that every time this happens he is receiving the wrathful blessings of Heruka. That is a subjective decision that has profound effects, but to what extent do we allow the Guru to beat us before speaking up?

- Or what about if the Guru is ordained and makes sexual advances, do you think 'the Guru's actions are pure so it is ok' or do you speak up about the inappropriateness?

- If the Guru begins murdering a bunch of people, do you view this as the unmistaken actions of a Buddha and that they are receiving a Buddhas blessings, support it, and actually help him (service)? At what point do you speak up about it being a mistake? And if you do, what are the implications for you internally as far as your view is concerned?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 04:50:21 AM »
]HoneyDakini

From the ground base that everything can act as a support for realization, certainly, the 'divine plan', the 'higher purpose' of the ban is to give us an extraordinary opportunity to generate a fierce Universal Compassion, for what greater suffering than the destruction of Holy objects of refuge. Certainly, as I've said elsewhere, according to common conventions of our society and the Dharma itself, the damage arising from the ban is entirely inappropriate and requires the response of compassionate action to control and pacify the damaging actions, revealing the beauty of our precious Dharmapala, and setting a good example.

It is said that when we view our Gurus as Buddhas, all the Buddhas enter our Guru and we receive the blessings of a Buddha. So, if we view the Dalai Lama as an emanation of Buddha, the Buddha's enter and we can receive the Buddha's blessings whether or not he is actually a Buddha. From this point of view we can see the actions of the ban as the skillful means of a Buddha revealing incredibly potent objects of universal compassion. This point of view is humbling and very blessed, but it is insufficient to provide us clarity when acting against the ban. The lamrim is full of subjective decisions that we make in our own mind, and like inner people, they function to produce their own effect. Whether or not our Guru is a Buddha depends on us, not the Guru. However, there are basic conventions to be observed while we remain in the human realm. For example, I may view a homeless person as an emanation of Heruka, but the likelihood that they could give me a detailed transmission of how vajra recitation should be done is quite slim (these days). Likewise, though we may view the Guru as an emanation teaching the path of abandonment and practice, because we live in the human realm we must abide by the conventions of society when it comes to broad reaching actions that effect many in inappropriate ways. To do so, I find it helpful to take the following approach:

With respect to confronting the situation with practical actions, we can see him not as a Buddha, but as an object of compassion. In this way we can respond appropriately to the situation with compassionate action. As I said, you do not develop compassion for a Buddha as this is called 'wrong compassion' because they are not suffering. So, in order to develop universal compassion for perceived suffering that we regard as having been emanated, we must acknowledge the illusion-like suffering by withdrawing our pure view in order to develop universal compassion. Then we are truly using the situation very constructively for the very purpose we believe it was emanated - the development of realizations (which is the "bigger picture"). Because there is no inherently existent suffering and no inherently existent Buddha, we can change our views accordingly and develop realization from both points of view.

I am driving at getting to the bottom of our precise views and intentions, for it is clearly insufficient to 'just have respect'. How do we reconcile the 'the Guru is Buddha and does not make mistakes' with 'the Guru may be a Buddha but he appears to be making mistakes'? Now don't say 'his actions teach the path of abandonment and practice'. Surely, but that too is not enough due to 'wrong compassion'. Check precisely. What is going on in this situation?

So let me put it another way:

- there's a story of a practitioner who is beaten by the Guru and he explains to a friend that every time this happens he is receiving the wrathful blessings of Heruka. That is a subjective decision that has profound effects, but to what extent do we allow the Guru to beat us before speaking up?

- Or what about if the Guru is ordained and makes sexual advances, do you think 'the Guru's actions are pure so it is ok' or do you speak up about the inappropriateness?

- If the Guru begins murdering a bunch of people, do you view this as the unmistaken actions of a Buddha and that they are receiving a Buddhas blessings, support it, and actually help him (service)? At what point do you speak up about it being a mistake? And if you do, what are the implications for you internally as far as your view is concerned?

In some way, one has to check the Guru's actions and results and see what happens to it. If the Guru manifests mistakes but instead of harm there are positive aspects from it, or that there is harm but at the same time there is some good from it, then what the Guru did is justifiable to an extent, or that he is doing something that is meant to benefit someone we cannot see/know. For example, Chongyam Trungpa had sex with women and he brought them into Dharma, while Sogyal Rinpoche (no disrespect) did something similar but the women were traumatized instead. In this case, the Dalai Lama's ban on Dorje Shugden has caused much pain for us Dorje Shugden practitioners, but at the same time it has caused China to support Dorje Shugden and for them to support Buddhism more than before.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 12:04:56 PM »
A picture paints a thousand words.  Be blessed with this photo of HH Dalai Lama receiving initiation from his Guru, Trijang Rinpoche.

Never disparage your Guru.