Author Topic: Breaking News: Abbots Urgently Sent to the USA  (Read 12250 times)

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Re: Breaking News: Abbots Urgently Sent to the USA
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 03:15:15 PM »
Just received news posted on the chinese DS.Com (www.xiongdeng.com) by Dorje Chonpel (Mr Hwang). Dorje Chonpel who is the translator whenever the Taiwan Dorje Shugden oracle takes trance, confirmed that three representatives of the Dalai Lama sent to convince Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche to return to India, did after all make the the trip to meet Trijang Rinpoche. Out of courtesy Rinpoche did meet with them but personally and conclusively rejected the Dalai Lama's request.

It appears that these representatives which include the Abbot of Ganden Shartse were quite desperate having being told by the Dalai Lama to get Trijang Rinpoche to go back to India, that they made the trip even though Trijang Rinpoche had told them before hand that he would acquiesce to the Dalai Lama's request for him to return. It is quite unfortunate the Shugden ban continues to place even senior monks in impossible situations. In the earlier years of the ban, the Dalai Lama tried to coerce a young Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche to break his vows and loyalty to the Protector. When Trijang Rinpoche refused to be arm-twisted to break make a break with a practice that he trusted completely even in his previous incarnation as the erudite Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang, he was issued with many death threats and Rinpoche had to leave his monastery in India. That was a time when the Tibetan government in exile were actively encouraging violence to be inflicted on all Shugden monks and lay practitioners. And now, the Dalai Lama wants Trijang Rinpoche to return as if nothing had happened.

As for the non-Shugden monks, first they were literally forced to comply with the Dalai Lama's instructions to abandon Dorje Shugden and expel monks who refuse to give up the practice. And now they are being forced to take actions to bring a Shugden lama back to Ganden Shartse to give and receive teachings, which runs contrary to their position on Dorje Shugden and every accusation they themselves made against the Protector. In fact Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche has received the complete lineage teachings from his own Gurus and he, like all Shugden monks have been practicing the pure lineage in spite of the ban. The wrongful, illegal and unholy ban has done nothing to diminish faith in Dorje Shugden who for centuries has been acknowledged as an enlightened Protector, and a wrathful emanation of Manjushri. Instead it has severely damaged the credibility of those who decided to be on the right side of politics and the wrong side of the pure Dharma and real guru devotion.

This desperate move by the Dalai Lama proves how baseless the ban is. All those who previously supported the Shugden ban should take note.

ChoDorje

• Email
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 06:47:21 AM »
Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche receives quite a bit of teachings from Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche.  Yongyal Rinpoche is a lineage holder and received his transmissions from the previous Kyabje Trijang Dorjechang, Zong Rinpoche, Zemey Rinpoche, etc.  There is really no need for Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche to go back to India to receive the teachings from the Dalai Lama. 

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 08:31:48 AM »
I think it seems like if the Dalai lama were to re-transmit Trijang Rinpoche back the transmissions that he received from him, like Karmapa does to Shamar Rinpoche and vice versa, then I guess it would make it seem that Trijang Rinpoche would accept that the Dalai lama hadn't given the appearance of breaking samaya with him for abandoning the Dorje Shugden practice.
  I think this is an important teaching; even if the Dalai Lama is a Buddha, he can still teach in reverse psychology; so he can give the appearance of breaking root guru samaya; so how could he transmit something purely if he really broke root guru commitments? (I am not saying he did or didn't as I am an ordinary sentient being and can't tell for sure who is a Buddha.  But the Buddhas can manifest emanations that show incorrect behavior to help us learn, so that is possible that that is what the Dalai lama would be doing).  So in other words, if a government (like China or any other government) were to pick a candidate for any tulku at all and he didn't even keep samaya with his root guru, then we wouldn't really consider that he could give the transmissions purely to the next incarnation.  (Hopefully all tulkus will be Buddhas even if they are recognized by China, but I am just saying, right activity is to keep religion and politics separate).
  So in other words, Trijang Rinpoche might be looking for someone who showed keeping root guru samaya.
  I understand we are from different cultures who post here, and I honestly do not know who is a Buddha or not, but I am not sure why I am supposed to believe without investigation that a political leader is a complete Buddha. 
  I am from the west, okay, and if you tell me 'that guy is a Buddha,' well, you need to prove it.  I notice though, that the Penor Rinpoche Nyinmgas and the Shamar Rinpoche Kagyus have never claimed that we had to accept without question that the teachers were Buddhas or that we couldn't question what they say.  Actually, I have never seen any Kagyu do that, on either half of the lineage.  As for the Nyingmas, the only ones I have studied with were Penor Rinpoche's ones. 
  I guess it is like when Christains tell me that I have to believe in Jesus or I am going to hell; I just don't buy things because someone says so.

I am praying that Trijang Rinpoche will help us get the ban lifted.  If not, maybe it is so China will let us practice Dorje Shugden because the Dalai Lama is pretending he dislikes Manjushri when he takes this particular form.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »
Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche receives quite a bit of teachings from Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche.  Yongyal Rinpoche is a lineage holder and received his transmissions from the previous Kyabje Trijang Dorjechang, Zong Rinpoche, Zemey Rinpoche, etc.  There is really no need for Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche to go back to India to receive the teachings from the Dalai Lama.

True and very well said Cho Dorje. Welcome to the Forum.

vajrastorm

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 02:09:26 PM »
It's rather absurd to expect Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche to accept the invitation by  HH Dalai Lama , requesting him to return to Gaden Monastery. Kyabje Choktrul Rinpoche's life is constantly under threat. He had to flee his ladrang in the night, and escape to safety far away, years ago. So he isn't likely to rush in "where angels fear to thread".

It also begs the question. With the ban on Shugden practice, and knowing Trijang Rinpoche as a fervent practitioner, how is CTA expecting Trijang Rinpoche to react to this invitation? Accept the invitation and be told in the face that he has to stop practicing Shugden? Or close an eye to his practice of Shugden. If that's the case, it's the greatest inconsistency of all - to allow Trijang Rinpoche to worship Shugden in the face of the prosecution of all other Shugden worshippers? The grossest inconsistency is their going  down hard on Trijang Rinpoche for worshipping Shugden not so long ago, and now possibly allowing it or closing an eye to it,knowing for a  fact that Trijang Rinpoche would never ever give up his practice.

But now, Trijang Rinpoche has cut all mind games by declaring that he will not accede to HH Dalai Lam's request to return to Gaden Monastery. Why should he return , in the first place? He does not need the Dalai Lama to pass on all the teachings of his previous incarnation back to him. It will still be minus the most important one - the teachings on Dorje Shugden. In any case, he has already received all these teachings plus Shugden from the many high Lamas who were his previous incarnation's illustrious students.

Without any help from CTA or the Dalai Lama,Trijang Rinpoche will be able to hold his own in spreading the teachings of the Gelug Lineage/Je Tsongkhapa's teachings and the practice of Shugden, everywhere including China. Once the ban is lifted, there will be no holding him and other great masters and Shugden practitioners back.

Matibhadra

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 04:36:25 PM »
To put it simply, why would any practitioner want to receive soiled “lineages” from a criminal politician and samaya breaker?

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 04:47:12 AM »
It's rather absurd to expect Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche to accept the invitation by  HH Dalai Lama , requesting him to return to Gaden Monastery. Kyabje Choktrul Rinpoche's life is constantly under threat. He had to flee his ladrang in the night, and escape to safety far away, years ago. So he isn't likely to rush in "where angels fear to thread".

It also begs the question. With the ban on Shugden practice, and knowing Trijang Rinpoche as a fervent practitioner, how is CTA expecting Trijang Rinpoche to react to this invitation? Accept the invitation and be told in the face that he has to stop practicing Shugden? Or close an eye to his practice of Shugden. If that's the case, it's the greatest inconsistency of all - to allow Trijang Rinpoche to worship Shugden in the face of the prosecution of all other Shugden worshippers? The grossest inconsistency is their going  down hard on Trijang Rinpoche for worshipping Shugden not so long ago, and now possibly allowing it or closing an eye to it,knowing for a  fact that Trijang Rinpoche would never ever give up his practice.

But now, Trijang Rinpoche has cut all mind games by declaring that he will not accede to HH Dalai Lam's request to return to Gaden Monastery. Why should he return , in the first place? He does not need the Dalai Lama to pass on all the teachings of his previous incarnation back to him. It will still be minus the most important one - the teachings on Dorje Shugden. In any case, he has already received all these teachings plus Shugden from the many high Lamas who were his previous incarnation's illustrious students.

Without any help from CTA or the Dalai Lama,Trijang Rinpoche will be able to hold his own in spreading the teachings of the Gelug Lineage/Je Tsongkhapa's teachings and the practice of Shugden, everywhere including China. Once the ban is lifted, there will be no holding him and other great masters and Shugden practitioners back.

Yes I would very much like to know how a government can tell anyone what to practice, especially while they are in exile in India, where freedom of religion is held very sacred.  And as Buddhists, of course, tolerance would be helpful to practice; even more so, how does anyone get off telling reincarnate Rinpoches that they are wrong to chant prayers?  "Hi, we the government of Tibet want to tell the reincarnate Buddhas what to chant."  Get real CTA.