Author Topic: The Dalai Lama is still involved in politics  (Read 8342 times)

Lineageholder

The Dalai Lama is still involved in politics
« on: October 10, 2013, 05:22:38 PM »
New information regarding the deceptive actions of the Dalai Lama and his predecessors, the 13th and 5th Dalai lamas:

http://falsedalailama.com
http://truedalailama.com

kris

Re: The Dalai Lama is still involved in politics
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 07:50:09 AM »
It has never occurred to me that HH Dalai Lama will let go of politics in this life, even though CTA has a so-called elected prime minister, and I don't see how CTA government will ever operate as a "country" where they don't even unite their own people. Furthermore, HH Dalai Lama, all these years has been Tibetans' "hope", it is difficult to rely on a prime minister....

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 11:34:29 PM »
New information regarding the deceptive actions of the Dalai Lama and his predecessors, the 13th and 5th Dalai lamas:

http://falsedalailama.com
http://truedalailama.com

Dear Lineageholder,
  Thank you for posting the links for both these websites.  I have already been reading the e-book from the first website, but I did not know about the second one.  It seems to have a lot of useful information; for instance about Shugden practioners being targets of violence.  I am praying for everyone to come to their senses and realize that all humans should be allowed freedom of religion.  May all living beings be freed from hatred and harming.

icy

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 12:18:58 AM »
The Dalai Lama cannot so easily cast off his political role.   He was enthroned as Tibet’s spiritual and temporal leader at the age of 15.  Today, he remains the living embodiment of Tibetan aspirations for dignity, and cultural and religious freedom (but remain bias to the freedom of Dorje Shugden and curtailed its practice) – a role no elected official can easily fill. Beijing’s blustering rhetoric against him even to today only reinforces that sense of where true power lies.

Lineageholder

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 02:24:57 AM »
The Dalai Lama has been and remains a conniving politician - sorry, but that's how it is.  Politicians are often regarded as being 'economical with the truth'.  The Dalai Lama has lied about Dorje Shugden's nature and function as well as the nature and actions of Shugden practitioners.  He is also covertly involved in promoting self-immolation as a spiritual action and is secretly behind protests in Tibet. He has also been completely duplicitous regarding his admiration for Chairman Mao and his sympathy with communism.  He cannot be trusted.  For example, he said recently in an interview with the Financial Times:

Preservation of Tibetan culture, I am fully committed. I consider Tibetan culture a culture of peace, non-violence, compassion. It’s really worthwhile to preserve.”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/d49d13aa-4749-11e3-b4d3-00144feabdc0.html#slide0

It's very known that Tibet before the Chinese invasion was a feudal society characterised by brutal and barbaric punishments - not the Shangri-la that the Dalai Lama would like to portray at all.  That's Hollywood Tibet.  There is clearly a huge difference between the ideals of Buddhism and the culture of 'old Tibet', although of course there were pure Dharma practitioners in Tibet, but to suggest that the whole culture was one of compassion and peace is contrary to the evidence.

It's also clear from this article that he refuses to condemn the self-immolations and to request them to end. I wonder why?  His reasons don't make sense which is very suspicious.

While I think the Chinese record on human rights is terrible, I do understand when they say he is a "wolf in sheep's clothing" and accuse him of masterminding violent efforts to seek independence for Tibet.  The very example of duplicity is to present yourself as a spiritual leader who has given up politics whilst playing politics in the background where you hope no one can see.

Manisha Kudo

• Email
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 10:14:48 AM »
Is it possible for the Dalai Lama to secede from his political role? The answer is no. Simply because the definition and separation between religion and politics have always been vague. It was left this way because we prefer loosely drafted boundaries that can be amended to one's own benefits, whichever side is winning.

Dorje Shugden, is a genuine practice that when done with pure sincerity will always prevail over politics. And the CTA knows this and they also know that Shugden lamas and practitioners will bring the ban down.   

dondrup

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 03:39:15 PM »
It has never occurred to me that HH Dalai Lama will let go of politics in this life, even though CTA has a so-called elected prime minister, and I don't see how CTA government will ever operate as a "country" where they don't even unite their own people. Furthermore, HH Dalai Lama, all these years has been Tibetans' "hope", it is difficult to rely on a prime minister....

I agreed with Kris.

The substance of the Tibetan leadership has not changed despite the change of its form. HH Dalai Lama is still very influential as a leader both politically and spiritually! HH Dalai Lama may have retired from the politics, but can Central Tibetan Administration be totally free and independent from the influential Dalai Lama? This is yet to be seen!

CTA need not wait for the green light to lift the ban on Dorje Shugden. Just do it if you are truly a democratic government!

Till this very moment, it is very unfortunate that Tibetans in particular Shugden followers continue to be oppressed, discriminated and ostracized by their very own government and people. The Shugden followers are merely practising what had been taught by Lama Tsongkhapa and the enlightened Gelug Lineage Masters for centuries!

What could be more disappointing to have a leadership like this? Even the Chinese Communist government had done better in providing basic life amenities and religious freedom for the Tibetans!

lotus1

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 08:29:14 PM »
I agreed with kris and dondrup. Even though HH Dalai Lama would like to let go of politics, the condition would not let him. CTA does not have enough influencing power and they need to use HH Dalai Lama to get what they want.

If CTA would like to be more influential, what they need to do is to unite the Tibetan. Lift the ban so that the Shugden practitioners can have the basic rights of social, medical, education, etc. Then, the world would recognize this new democratic government with united nation and CTA no longer need to depend on HH Dalai Lama.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 07:15:41 AM »
The Dalai Lama is still involved in politics.
  Water is still wet.
  Does anyone have any other newsflashes they would like to share?

Galen

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 08:09:25 AM »
I agreed with kris and dondrup. Even though HH Dalai Lama would like to let go of politics, the condition would not let him. CTA does not have enough influencing power and they need to use HH Dalai Lama to get what they want.

If CTA would like to be more influential, what they need to do is to unite the Tibetan. Lift the ban so that the Shugden practitioners can have the basic rights of social, medical, education, etc. Then, the world would recognize this new democratic government with united nation and CTA no longer need to depend on HH Dalai Lama.

For sure the Dalai Lama is still involved in politics even though he has retired from being the political leader of Tibet and just being the spiritual leader. As you can see, his words/speech still holds water because even after his retirement, the elected Prime Minister, Lobsang Sangay, has not been able to bring equality to the people of Tibet. He is the person in power but still cannot have his people practice freely especially Dorje Shugden practitioners. Till today, they are still being discriminated! Injustice is still being served.

As for fighting for democracy from the Chinese Government, HHDL has changed his direction from a free Tibet to a autonomous region as part of China, and the CTA just follows with it instead of fighting for independence. Who is leading the CTA now??

fruven

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 04:26:37 PM »
  Water is still wet.

The elected Prime Minister, Lobsang Sangay, is now okay with following China ruling over Tibet.
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/basis-for-the-dorje-shugden-ban-proven-false/

“We are not asking that democracy be implemented or be allowed inside Tibet.”

“We are asking for rights under the Chinese Constitution but NOT democracy in Tibet.”

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 06:44:59 PM »
  Water is still wet.

The elected Prime Minister, Lobsang Sangay, is now okay with following China ruling over Tibet.
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/basis-for-the-dorje-shugden-ban-proven-false/

Yes, unfortunately, this is consistent with the Dalai Lama's politics.  He doesn't ask for Independence either, which has been discussed a lot on this website.  This is also partly why, it seems, that he wanted to help choose the head of the Kagyus, though he has no right to do so--- the Chinese want their own choice for Karmapa--- because it looked like they thought they could make their Karmapa choice in charge of Tibetans in Tibet. 
  The Dalai Lama wanted to divide and conquor his own school, so he instigated a ban on Shugden; he wanted to help divide the Kagyus, so he helped find a candidate, which is historically not his job--- like couping the Karmapa--- this is something that China backed as well--- though I don't know the behind the scenes politics---
  So, who knows what the Tibetans will end up with (and guys we could all get reborn as Tibetans)--- but it seems to me like the Dalai Lama always backs whatever makes him the most powerful person rather than what is best for others.
  Of course, I concede he could be a Buddha demonstrating perfectly what not to do: like do not involve politics in Buddhism.
  I can't say the same for the 5th Dalai Lama; I don't think there is any evidence they are one continuum; the 5th Dalai Lama was a bloody dicator who had a whole lot of Kagyu monks killed, exiled the Karmapa (the 10th one) and also had Tulku Gyelsten murdered.  I think they made a mistake with the recognition that lifetime.

“We are not asking that democracy be implemented or be allowed inside Tibet.”

“We are asking for rights under the Chinese Constitution but NOT democracy in Tibet.”

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 02:50:50 AM »
Of course the Dalai Lama is still involved in politics. If he was not, and had really given up political power, then the CTA would be able to lift the secular effects of the ban on Dorje Shugden. I mean if we give the Dalai Lama the benefit of the doubt and that he really believes Shugden is the devil incarnate, he has every right to say no Shugden practitioner should come to his teachings. However, he has no right to say that no Shugden practitioner should have access to medical treatment, schools, travel papers, shops etc. Yet this is happening.

Since the CTA has perpetuated this hugely discriminatory practice for so long, despite the Dalai Lama's "retiring" from politics, it is obvious that he is still very much involved in Tibetan politics, even though he is not ostentitiously so. To counter this logical view, the CTA should find its balls and fix this situation immediately and lift the ban!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being