Author Topic: TRIJANG RINPOCHE HERUKA BODY MANDALA COMMENTARY NOW AVAILABLE!  (Read 7885 times)

psylotripitaka

TRIJANG RINPOCHE HERUKA BODY MANDALA COMMENTARY NOW AVAILABLE!
« on: October 12, 2013, 09:00:17 PM »
Note: I've included this notice under the Dorje Shugden discussion as well because this treasure only exists because of Dorje Shugden's kindness!

Dear Friends,

The long awaited English translation of Trijang Rinpoche's extensive commentary on the two stages of Heruka body mandala according to Master Ghantapa is ready. Even if you practice another tradition such as Luipa or the uncommon presentation given orally to Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche by Trijang Dorjechang, you will find this commentary incredibly inspiring and insightful for many reasons. His explanation of the benefits of Heruka practice alone is worth the purchase!! These are a very limited printing in hardback.

http://dechenlingpress.org/product/ecstatic-dance-chakrasamvara/

Also, Dechen Ling Press is a very small production and there are several other translations that remain to be published, such as Kachen Yeshe Gyaltsen's extensive Lama Chopa commentary. Please consider not only purchasing the Heruka body mandala commentary and other books but also if possible, contributing even the smallest funds to help bring these remaining 4 translations to book form would be very appreciated, not only by the translator who works tirelessly to provide these key translations, but by the many practitioners that will benefit from your generosity.

Respectfully yours,
psylotripitaka

icy

Re: TRIJANG RINPOCHE HERUKA BODY MANDALA COMMENTARY NOW AVAILABLE!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 01:20:11 AM »
Isn't this commentary meant only for those who had received Heruka initiation?

psylotripitaka

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 01:48:35 AM »
As it says in the translator's preface, this book is intended for Heruka practitioners who have received the complete empowerment into the body mandala of Heruka, but it can be read by anyone who has a highest yoga tantra empowerment.

There are certain practices that I never do, however, I have read commentaries on such practices because there are subjects within it that are applicable to other practices. Certain lineages stick more strictly with tradition whereas others are looser or have changed the presentation for modern practitioners. For example, the strictly traditional approach in the Gelug lineage is that in order to practice Heruka body mandala you must first receive the outer empowerment of Heruka 5 deity, followed by the complete empowerment into the body mandala of Master Ghantapa. In the New Kadampa Tradition, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche received direct oral instructions from Trijang Rinpoche regarding the changing of presentation to suit the needs of his own disciples, in which case, the body mandala is given as the principle Heruka initiation, the 5 deity is no longer given, and people who have received the body mandala initiation can practice it.

Anyways, if you've received any HYT empowerment, you can read such commentaries. However, to practice it or receive the real benefits it is essential to first receive the appropriate initiation.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 01:36:02 AM »
Therefore, may i surmise that nobody without Higher Yoga Tantric empowerment should read this, even though they don't intend to practice? Perhaps one might ask why read if one does not intend to practice but it could be out of interest and perhaps it would create the causes to receive the practice in future?

Just curious and asking from a non-higher/lower/anywhere in between tantric perspective!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

psylotripitaka

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 02:45:11 AM »
In the past it was very difficult to receive tantric initiation and instruction. As times have degenerated the instructions have become publicly available. Though it is usually said that people without initiation shouldn't read such instructions, reading them can give great inspiration to receive initiation and practice the instructions. My personal introduction to Dharma was through reading and even practicing such teachings. They were very inspiring to me, and though I didn't have initiation or understand what initiation was about, it nevertheless lead me to receiving initiation and oral transmissions. The reality is, even if we read the instructions without initiation, the teachings will not fully come alive until we are ripened through empowerment. If we have the intention to receive initiation and practice, it can be very helpful and inspiring to read such books beforehand...this is the experience of many people regardless of what strict traditionalists may say. It is because people have imprints from previous practice that we connect and feel so inspired. For example, many Tibetan practitioners died during the Chinese invasion. Where do you think some of those practitioners took rebirth?

Just to perceive such a book or the even hear or read the name Heruka Chakrasamvara is a blessing and shows not only the kindness of the Guru, but also that we have karma with these Buddhas.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 02:53:43 AM »
For thise of you interested in having a copy if this limited edition rare translation, there are still a few copies left. I believe it will be extremely difficult to acquire this book when the translator passes on. You can read the blog about his terminal illness as well as follow the progress of his remaining 4 translations at www.dechenlingpress.org.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 06:15:57 AM »
Psylotripitaka. thanks so much for shedding a light on this topic. I have been told so many times by many people that one who does not have a HYT empowerment are not allowed to read texts meant for those who have been initiated. However, I have purchased many copies previously to offer to my kind teacher. As you mentioned that this is such a limited edition rare translation, I am very keen to obtain a copy and place on my altar. May I create a cause for myself and all to receive this holy empowerment of the glorious Heruka.

Big Uncle

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 03:58:29 PM »
The Heruka Tantras are amazing and is one of the mainstays of the Gelug practice. I rejoice and would very much like to read but I am not empowered in Higher Tantric initiation. It's a pity and would very much like to do so when I have found my lama. At the moment, I am just reading a lot online and have not really gone to any centers yet to practice. I guess it is high time I start to go to a center soon instead of just shopping around. I would very much like to practice the higher tantras to purify large amounts of negative karma and achieve spiritual attainments.