Author Topic: Abolish the Dorje Shugden ban to further the Tibetan Cause  (Read 11151 times)

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
Re: Abolish the Dorje Shugden ban to further the Tibetan Cause
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »
I believe that the fanatics are confused with the information and the actions that they are doing. That is why they have done mistakes, and for some they are not willing to follow the factual information that they already know, Rather then listening to lies that are being told that do not match real life happenings.

bonfire

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 03:02:14 PM »
There is NO PROBLEM for the Tibetan Culture to flourish in China, to be recognized, to be respected and to be supported by the Chinese government.
But there is a problem for China to deal with a person that has the capacity to "counter-power" the authority in place in China, someone that may be able to gather people and create opposition and therefore possibly trouble.
The issue that China has is not with the Tibetan culture, not with the religion, it is with the power that one man, the Dalai Lama, has.

This would be true in any other country actually, it is not typical to China.
For as long as the "Tibetan cause" (*) goes, and as long as its "champion: is the Dalai lama, there will no progress possible. China does not like "counter-powers", neither does any government find it welcome.
A government must govern, and must show result quickly and efficaciously.

When counter power are to be dealt with as lobbies or groups, such as syndicates, or a consortium of business interests, it is something that can be dealt with, but when it comes to deal with individuals with great "media" power, it more risky for them, in the sense that it is hardly reliable.

Sorry for those that see the Dalai lama as an enlightened being, but I don't think the government of China sees the Dalai lama as such, they see him as a threat to social stability and therefore progress, so they keep him away geographically, and also they want the Tibetans in China to not rely upon him, they rather know that devotees rely on spiritual figures that do not come with a political baggage.

(*) to my point of view, there is no more Tibetan cause, or only a romantic one that is not in line with the reality as we can see now that in China, the Tibetan culture has been given room to exist and co-exist with other Chinese cultures, it is even sponsored, promoted and protected by the Chinese government.

So I have no worries about Tibet becoming more and more a great place to be for all Tibetans actually, and when i say Tibet, i also mean China.

Positive Change

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 11:11:07 AM »
There is NO PROBLEM for the Tibetan Culture to flourish in China, to be recognized, to be respected and to be supported by the Chinese government.
But there is a problem for China to deal with a person that has the capacity to "counter-power" the authority in place in China, someone that may be able to gather people and create opposition and therefore possibly trouble.
The issue that China has is not with the Tibetan culture, not with the religion, it is with the power that one man, the Dalai Lama, has.

This would be true in any other country actually, it is not typical to China.
For as long as the "Tibetan cause" (*) goes, and as long as its "champion: is the Dalai lama, there will no progress possible. China does not like "counter-powers", neither does any government find it welcome.
A government must govern, and must show result quickly and efficaciously.

When counter power are to be dealt with as lobbies or groups, such as syndicates, or a consortium of business interests, it is something that can be dealt with, but when it comes to deal with individuals with great "media" power, it more risky for them, in the sense that it is hardly reliable.

Sorry for those that see the Dalai lama as an enlightened being, but I don't think the government of China sees the Dalai lama as such, they see him as a threat to social stability and therefore progress, so they keep him away geographically, and also they want the Tibetans in China to not rely upon him, they rather know that devotees rely on spiritual figures that do not come with a political baggage.

(*) to my point of view, there is no more Tibetan cause, or only a romantic one that is not in line with the reality as we can see now that in China, the Tibetan culture has been given room to exist and co-exist with other Chinese cultures, it is even sponsored, promoted and protected by the Chinese government.

So I have no worries about Tibet becoming more and more a great place to be for all Tibetans actually, and when i say Tibet, i also mean China.

It is saddening to hear that such a great government of such a great country does not see His Holiness as an enlightened being, for, and of this I am convinced, if they did, I strongly believe that the situation in China and in Tibet would be TIP-TOP PERFECT. I believe that His Holiness only has the welfare of all Chinese citizens at heart, including the Tibetans and ALL.

But then, I understand what BONFIRE is saying here, I understand why and how the government sees the situation, I understand because it is plain and simple understandable.
And we are no more in a situation by which all traditional cultures in china were threatened as it was between 1966 and 1976 with the cultural revolution, quite the opposite actually.

My wishful thinking would hope that His Holiness be able to go back to Tibet one day and iron out all issues between the divided Tibetan community – divided by His Holiness ban on Dorje Shugden.
Thanks god, Dorje Shugden has no political baggage and is above all this, for he is the truly reliable force for ALL Tibetans to rely on, for all Chinese to rely on, for ALL to rely on; not as a God, but as a force that we all aspire to become: a Buddha.

But, anyway, His Holiness being perceived as a Buddha or not, we can see that Tibet is growing, that its culture is being promoted and we can see that in China, one more proof that the reliance on Dorje Shugden does NOT harm the Tibetan cause, on the contrary!

Rihanna

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 01:47:38 PM »
It is of no doubt that Dalai Lama's influence on Tibetans are strong especially from the spiritual aspect. It is almost unthinkable for Tibetans (largely Buddhists) to not follow instructions of Dalai Lama as many of the lineage masters are strongly linked with Dalai Lama. This explains why China would want to have their own 'version' of Panchen Lama reincarnation. As Dalai Lama had previously said that there is a high possibility that His reincarnation will not return. China would snatch this opportunity to 'control' an influential figure in Tibetan Buddhism in Panchen Lama who will eventually take over the throne should Dalai Lama's reincarnation would not return. And once Dalai Lama has entered clear light, the ban on practising Dorje Shugden will eventually be lifted.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 07:28:00 PM »
It is of no doubt that Dalai Lama's influence on Tibetans are strong especially from the spiritual aspect. It is almost unthinkable for Tibetans (largely Buddhists) to not follow instructions of Dalai Lama as many of the lineage masters are strongly linked with Dalai Lama. This explains why China would want to have their own 'version' of Panchen Lama reincarnation. As Dalai Lama had previously said that there is a high possibility that His reincarnation will not return. China would snatch this opportunity to 'control' an influential figure in Tibetan Buddhism in Panchen Lama who will eventually take over the throne should Dalai Lama's reincarnation would not return. And once Dalai Lama has entered clear light, the ban on practising Dorje Shugden will eventually be lifted.

This is the reason why China has picked their own Panchen Lama, as he can be a puppet minister to all the Tibetans, making sure that they listen and agree in the same direction that the Dalai Lama wanted to steer towards.

By doing that, China will eventually have the full control of Tibet and the Tibetans. The reason being that if the Dalai Lama does not come back, there would not be anyone that is capable to influence all Tibetans in such a great manner.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 05:42:28 AM »
I think that the title itself is pretty self explanatory,  the Dorje Shugden ban has separated so many families and friends in Tibet, I don't see how this is going to make the country peaceful. The CTA is making their own people hating them and I find this very ignorant, they want to rule their country yet they are creating obstacles for themselves.

kelly

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 07:45:18 AM »
I fully agree with what Gabby Potter said the CTA has separated the Tibethan people if there is no unity how to work for independent so is not logic why the CTA do this it show how shallow minded the CTA most of them only think of their own welfare they never concern about the Tibethan people who live in the exile because till today there is still a lot of social issue i among the Tibethan community please lift the ban for benefits of everyone .

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 09:52:02 AM »
This is definitely a very political and tense situation between the Dalai Lama and Chinese Government.  The true ideology of both Tibetans and the Chinese is almost similar in the sense that the supreme leader is the Dalai Lama and the Communist party respectively.  So therefore can one country have two leaders.

The Chinese in knowing that if the Dalai Lama is to stop the self immolation, it will be stopped.  This also prove that the Dalai Lama has total control of Tibetans and as such concludes that the Dalai Lama is not assisting in stopping the protests in Tibet.

Therefore to my mind, the solution of the Dalai Lama returning to Tibet is not feasible for the Chinese.

However, as this article suggests if the Dalai Lama is to be anti immolation as a form of Tibetan protests, then there is some common ground for reconcialition.

Taking the Ban as an illustration, it is also the same scenario in the sense since Tibetans are divided there is no common goal for the Tibetans.

Life is much easier if there is not politics to religion.